1st Birthday

My Baby's (Player) Father

It’s been a week since Luhan had woke up and right now he is resting at home, his group of friends will take turn everyday to keep him company at home except for Baekhyun who had to prepare for Yoogeun’s birthday which is happening in 2 weeks time.

Secretly, Luhan had tried to remember the girl that visited him a week ago but each time he tries, his head will hurts so much that it felt like he is being stabbed in the heart. Sehun had come into his room once and witnessed him looking in agony, “Hyung!” He called out as he rushed to Luhan’s side.

“Sehun-ah, tell me more about Baekhyun’s fiancée,” Luhan requested as his instinct told him that he used to have something with her.

Sehun blinked his eyes in shock; he stood up and ran his fingers through his hair, “Hyung… You suffered so much yet you want to know more about Jieun, are you crazy?” He spat angrily but he can never stay angry long at Luhan.

His shoulder deflated as he settled himself beside Luhan telling him everything on Jieun but keeping the sad part away from him, he is Luhan, Sehun’s favourite hyung and he can never say no to his request no matter how ridiculous it is.

-

After weeks or even months of preparation, it’s finally the day of Yoogeun’s 1st birthday. Yooguen is particularly active on his birthday, he woke up early and he was dressed up in the traditional Korean clothes and since he’s a boy, he wore the hood that was the custom for unmarried young men.

“Happy birthday Yoogeunni~,” Jieun chimed happily as she was dressing him up, Baekhyun came in shortly and joined in, spamming kisses on his son’s cheek while Jieun went to prepare herself so that they could head down to his parent’s house for the party soon.

Today is also the day where his parents will announce their wedding plans to their business partners and friends. Baekhyun went into the room quietly and gave her a backhug, “Ah, you scare me,” Jieun whined as he placed his head on her shoulder.

“Are you nervous?” He asked sounding concern as he knew that Jieun doesn’t really like this kind of huge party.

Jieun let her hands rest on his hand that was around her waist, “A little,” she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, “But with you around me, I feel safe,” she said before leaning in to kiss him on his lips.

It was a gentle and passionate kiss, she pulled herself away and watched him his lips, “Strawberry, my favourite,” he remarked as she chuckled, “Let’s go over to your parents’ house, the guests will be reaching soon.”

-

As expected, the guests started thronging in half an hour after Baekhyun and Jieun arrived, Yoogeun’s grandparents had prepared a table filled with various foods and objects like calligraphy set, pencil, knife, book, money, thread, needle, scissors, ruler or bow and arrow.  Sehun arrived with Luhan shortly, they went over to where Baekhyun and Jieun is sitting with Yoogeun, “Yoogeunni~, happy birthday,” Sehun said as he passed his present to Yoogeun to Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun-hyung, this is Yoogeun’s present,” he said with a grin as Baekhyun frowned, “Sehun-ah, you always give the most unexpected present but still thank you,” Baekhyun said as he turned to look at Luhan who was looking at Yoogeun with a blank look.

“Luhan-hyung…” Baekhyun called out softly.

“Yoogeun-ah~,” Luhan called out in his soft and gentle voice as he held out his hand to caressed his cheeks, Jieun looked up and asked, “Have- Have you remembered the past?”

Baekhyun and Sehun looked at Luhan with a surprised look as Luhan withdrew his hand and put it inside his pocket, “I’m sorry… But I heard Sehun calling him Yoogeun just now…” he answered in an apologetic tone.

“Ah… Do you want to play with him first while I excuse myself to the bathroom first,” Jieun said as she handed Yoogeun over to Luhan and Sehun while Baekhyun followed her behind.

Baekhyun pulled her by her wrist into his embrace, “Baekhyun-ah, did I expected too much?” She asked holding back her tears and Baekhyun tried his best to comfort her.

“Jieun-ah, let nature takes its course, Luhan-hyung…” Baekhyun paused and continued with uncertainty, “will remember you one day.”

-

After all the guests arrived, it’s finally the time for Yoogeun to pick the item that will predict his future, Baekhyun placed Yoogeun on the table carefully before guiding him to take the items on the table. Yoogeun smiled cheekily before crawling towards the items infront of him, he looked at all the items with a frown as everything seemed so new to him and that brought laughter to everyone.

“Yoogeun-ah, pick the bow and arrow,” Baekhyun said but instead, Yoogeun crawled towards the money and picked it.

Everyone started clapping after Yoogeun chose the money, Jieun went over and carried him, “Well done,” she commented before kissing his cheeks.

“As expected, Baekhyun’s son will be rich in the future,” Chen said bringing laughter to his group of friends.

The skies are starting to darken and the sun starting to set, Baekhyun was busy entertaining the guests with his parents while Jieun and Yoogeun sat at the table when Luhan walked over, “Do you want a drink?” he asked placing the cup of juice on the table.

Luhan sat down on the empty chair opposite her, “Sehun told me about you,” he said breaking the silence between them.

“I’m sorry, I actually can’t remember you, I’m so sorry,” Luhan apologized once again but Jieun just replied coolly that it’s alright although the truth is, she’s not alright.

“May we invite the host and his family up the stage for the cake cutting session now,” the emcee of the event announced as Jieun stood up and carried Yoogeun towards the stage while Luhan looked at her slowly disappearing into the crowd.

‘Why can’t I remember you! What’s our relationship? Why is my heart yearning for you…’

The crowd started clapping after they had cut the cake, Mr Byun walked forward and took the microphone, “First of all, I would like to thank everyone for coming to my grandson’s first birthday and secondly, I would like to take this opportunity to announce that my son, Byun Baekhyun will be getting married with this lovely lady beside him, Lee Jieun in a few months time.”

For some reason, Luhan could feel his heart hurting when he heard the announcement; he turned to Sehun and said, “Sehun-ah, I don’t feel well.”

Upon hearing what Luhan said, Sehun hurriedly informed Suho, “Hyung, Luhan isn’t feeling well, so I’ll be sending him home first, help me congratulate Baekhyun-hyung and tell him that I’m sorry for leaving early.”

“Keep me informed on Luhan’s condition,” Suho said to Sehun who nodded before leaving with Luhan.

-

Baekhyun and Jieun went to join Suho and the rest since his parents had taken Yoogeun to meet their business partners, “Where’s Luhan-hyung and Sehun?” Baekhyun asked noticing that they are not around.

“Ah, Luhan isn’t feeling well, so Sehun took him home first and he told me to congratulate you and that he is sorry for leaving early,” Suho answered.

Jieun bit her lips when she heard that Luhan isn’t feeling well, she tugged onto Baekhyun’s sleeves, “Can we go and visit him?”

Everyone in the group was surprised at what Jieun had suggested and Baekhyun could feel a tinge of jealousy when she requested that…

***************

First of all, happy 1 year old to this story!

I was supposed to update on the 19th but I was too busy and only got the time to do so today.

Thank you to everyone who subscribe, comment and upvote this story.
& Congratulations to EXO for winning Baidu's Most Popular Group @ 2013 Baidu Hottest Award today!
They are receiving so much love~ Continue loving the boys forever~

I won't be free these few days, so I won't be able to update fast.
So, Merry Christmas in advance to all the readers!

Christmas present to all Baekhyun fans~