Left

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

“I’m back,” Jieun greeted weakly, she was feeling sickish and tired hence taking leave from school mid-way, she made her way to her room surprised to see her parents packing her luggage, “What are you doing, dad?” Jieun asked, each time she talks, she needed to use lots of strength, she felt dizzy, her mother saw it and quickly gave her a hand, “Sweetie, are you alright?” Jieun looked at her mother, her eyes welling with tears, “Mom, I don’t want to go to Daegu alone… But I know that it’s my punishment… I’ll miss you,” Jieun cried as she hugged her mother tightly refusing to let her go.

Mr Lee walked to her and said, “We have booked a car to fetch you to Daegu tomorrow morning, your mom will accompany you there to settle everything, now that you are becoming a mother in less than eight months time, you must learn to be more mature.” He said before hugging his wife and daughter, which parents will bear to send their child someone else all alone where their child will have to fend on their own. Jieun just accept whatever arrangement her parents made because she believed they did it for her own good. Jieun went to take a good rest while her parents helped to pack her luggage.

------------------------------------

Jieun hugged the large teddy bear that was given to her by her parents on her eighth birthday as she took one last look at the house; she is reluctant to leave the house, most importantly, her parents. She turned around and saw that her parents are done loading the luggages to the car boot, she walked to her father giving him one last hug, she doesn’t know if she will ever want to come back here.

“Take care.”

That was the last word she heard from her father as she embark on the journey to Daegu with her mother, she intended to leave after everything is finalized, but her father said that he will wait for the school to inform him that everything had been finalized. They finally reached Daegu after hours of driving, the penthouse apartment that Jieun will be living is located at a high end area with tight security, most importantly, and it’s only less than half an hour drive to the nearest hospital.

“Sweetie, this is your maid who will be serving you throughout your stay here,” Mrs Lee informed Jieun. She placed the teddy bear on the sofa as she walked to the window; she looked out of the window and was awe by the scenery. After Mrs Lee is done stating down the job for the maid, she walked to Jieun, “Sweetie, Mom got to go back to Seoul now, take care of yourself.” Jieun hugged her mother tightly, holding back her tears, “Bye.” Jieun said before turning away, ‘Mom… Please leave now, if you stay any longer, I won’t bear to see you leave me.’ Jieun turned around after hearing the door closes; she’s now alone in this penthouse apartment. She dropped to her knees and started crying.

------------------------------------

Baekhyun is the earliest to reach school today, he went to class and was surprised to see Jieun’s table empty, he went to his locker and suddenly remembered the times where Jieun and him will walk to their locker and she will always placed his favourite strawberry in a lunch box inside the locker. ‘That was random…’ Baekhyun thought.

Baekhyun stood in front of Jieun’s locker but went back to class shortly. When he reached class, he saw Luhan on the phone as though he was calling someone, he looked at Jieun’s empty seat, he wanted so much to give Jieun a call but he knew that she won’t answer his call anyway. ‘When can we talk normally again?’ Baekhyun thought, his eyes just kept looking at the empty seat.

School had ended and Chanyeol and the rest are discussing where to go when Baekhyun said, “I won’t be joining you guys today, I’m tired, I’ll make a move first.” The rest of them just looked at each other surprised to hear Baekhyun saying that, Baekhyun just wander around the street but his feet unknowingly brought him to the front of Jieun’s house. He hesitated, pacing up and down. ‘Byun Baekhyun, be a man and apologize!’ Baekhyun mentally shouted to himself, his hand pressed on the doorbell, right after doing that, he started regretting but it was too late. “May I know if Jieun is around?” Baekhyun asked politely, bowing 90-degrees to Mrs Lee.

Mrs Lee looked at Baekhyun; Baekhyun studied her expression carefully and could sense that she’s confused, before Mrs Lee had a chance to ask who is he, “I’m Jieun’s schoolmate, I was just wondering if she’s alright,” Baekhyun said. Mrs Lee smiled and answered, “Thank you for your concern but Jieun won’t be going to school anymore, we have send out overseas; didn’t she tell you?” Baekhyun forced out a smile and nodded his head, “She didn’t tell me though, thank you Auntie, goodbye and have a nice day,” Baekhyun said before leaving.

‘Overseas… Jieun left without a word…’

Throughout the whole journey home, Baekhyun just thought about the time he had with Jieun, though it was short but it was a sweet one to him. ‘If only I’m not a jerk for using her… It’s all your fault, Byun Baekhyun!’ He took out the present from his pocket, it was a necklace that Jieun had always wanted, it was the present he was supposed to give her before their breakup. Baekhyun felt his heart aching, he shed tears for the first time over a girl, he held the necklace close to his heart, tears flowed down from his eyes, “Jieun…” he mumbled, “I’m sorry…”

------------------------------------

After calls to Jieun went unanswered, Luhan decided to drop by Jieun’s house, he pressed on the doorbell and was greeted by a confused Mrs Lee, “Hello Auntie, Is Jieun home?” Luhan asked, Mrs Lee blinked twice, “Oh, I’m Jieun’s classmate, I tried calling her but her phone went unanswered,” Luhan explained to which Mrs Lee said, “Oh, just a while ago, a male classmate dropped by to ask about Jieun too, anyway, I’m sorry but Jieun had left to study overseas; didn’t she inform you?” Luhan was surprised by Jieun’s sudden departure to study overseas, “Nope, she didn’t tell me, thank you Auntie.” Luhan answered before heading back home.

“Lee Jieun… Did you even treat me as your best friend?! Why didn’t you tell me that you are going to study overseas, why did you leave alone!’ Luhan shouted in frustration mentally.

“Just a while ago, a male classmate dropped by to ask about Jieun too…”

“Male classmate? Who could it be?” Luhan mumbled before realizing that it was Baekhyun. On the way home, Luhan was figuring the reason why Baekhyun would went to find Jieun, but he was distracted by the fact that the whereabouts of Jieun is unknown now, he can’t possibly go to her house again and asked her parents where she went since she isn’t her anyone but just a normal classmate.

‘Jieun, where are you now…’ - Luhan

**************************

Merry Christmas and sorry for the late update! I hope I can update another chapter afterwards again. Double chapter hopefully for Christmas! Hehe.

Thank you so much for the comments and subscribing.