Blessed

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

Ever since that day, Key and Luhan would take turn occasionally to accompany Jieun and makes sure that she eat her medication on time. It will be the baby’s full month soon and Jieun is still waiting for the day Baekhyun comes back. She knew that she threw a fit at him at the hospital last time but she didn’t mean what she said. She wants Baekhyun in the baby’s life.

Baekhyun-ah, where are you? Come back home will you?

“Let’s do a mini celebration for Yoogeun for his full month,” Key suggested while playing with Yoogeun in his arm.

Jieun smiled and nodded, “Sounds good,” she then made her way to the kitchen, she opened the fridge intending to cook tonight but there isn’t much ingredient in the fridge, “Oppa, can you help me get some grocery home?” Jieun asked from the kitchen as Key made his way to her.

Jieun carried Yoogeun and Key asked, “Sure, what do you need?”

“Spaghetti,” the both of them exclaimed together and chuckled after hearing the answer, “We still have telepathy mind uh,” Key complimented before making his way to the supermarket.

-

Jieun was playing with Yoogeun at his cot when the door to the room opened slowly, Jieun turned her head surprised at the person’s presence. She blinked her eyes twice and turned back, “This is my illusion, it’s not true, he’s not real,” she mumbled trying to calm herself down.

“Jieun,” he called out as he made his way to her.

Jieun turned and continued muttering, “He’s not real, he’s only my illusion.”

He enveloped her in his hug; he missed her so much, all these while, he was staying at his other apartment avoiding Sunhee and reflecting his life, “I’m sorry.”

“Baek-Baekhyun, I’m not dreaming right,” she asked, her voice slowly trailing off.

He’s back, he’s really back for real.

He inhaled her scent, “I miss this scent so much, I miss you so much,” he said as his hot breath hit her neck.

Jieun pushed herself off his hug slowly and examined the person standing infront of her closely, she used her hands to cup his face, “You lost weight,” she commented.

He smile slightly and replied, “I didn’t eat well all these while.”

Jieun remembered Yoogeun, she pulled Baekhyun to the cot, “This is our baby, he looks so much like you,” Jieun smiled and said as she played with Yoogeun.

“When will be the baby’s full month?” Baekhyun asked as he played with his son who responded well to him.

Jieun observed the father-son interaction and couldn’t help but snap a picture of it, “This coming 30th.”

‘Damn! It clashes with the wedding…’

Baekhyun looked and Jieun and hesitated, “You will be here right?” Jieun asked sounding uncertain of his answer.

Baekhyun broke into smile and assured, “Of course! It’s my son’s full month, how can the father be missing from this once in a lifetime event.” He then went back to play with Yoogeun.

-

“I’m home!” Key shouted once he reached home as he placed the grocery in the kitchen before slumping onto the sofa breathing in and out.

Jieun emerged from the room with Baekhyun carrying Yoogeun, “Baekhyun…!” Key exclaimed as he shot up from the sofa.

Baekhyun greeted sheepishly, “Hello…”

“Oppa! You saw him right! I’m not dreaming right!” Jieun exclaimed excitedly like a kid, “The both of you wait here while I go and prepare the dinner,” Jieun sang as she went to the kitchen leaving an awkward Baekhyun with Key.

“So, where have you been?” Key raised the question as he played with Yoogeun who Baekhyun had placed sitting on his lap.

“My apartment reflecting my life,” Baekhyun answered simply, he hesitated if he should tell Key his plans.

He took a deep breath and whispered, “I’m getting married this coming 30th, I didn’t speak to Jieun about this yet.”

Key looked up with a surprised look, “WHAT…! You are getting married with another girl!” Key shouted literally.

“Who’s getting married?” Jieun asked as she peered out from the kitchen.

“Nah, a friend of mine,” Key lied and Jieun immediately went back to cooking.

Baekhyun looked down with an apologetic look, “It’s an arranged marriage that I can’t escape from,” he explained sounding really vexed.

“Look at me,” Key ordered as Baekhyun looked at him, “You have to tell Jieun no matter what, now, later, it’s up to you but do it before your wedding,” Key continued.

‘Jieun-ah, remember that Key-oppa will always be here for you.’

Baekhyun nodded his head and let out a long sigh.

-

“How’s the dinner just now?” Jieun asked as Baekhyun was washing the dishes.

Baekhyun chuckled, “Excellent, it’s been a long time since I last had such nice food.”

‘Byun Baekhyun, you can do it!’

“Jieun,” Baekhyun called out as he switched off the running tap and faced Jieun who was giving him a puzzled look.

Jieun tilted her head and laughed when she saw how serious Baekhyun is, “What is it?”

“I’m getting married.” Baekhyun said after garnering all his courage, the smile on Jieun’s face disappeared, “I’m not the bride right,” Jieun spoke softly.

Baekhyun avoided eye-contact with her and nodded his head, “Ha..ha, Baekhyun-ah, this joke is not funny,” Jieun tried to laugh it off, she sounded desperate.

Baekhyun looked away and emphasized, “I’m getting married, I’m not joking!”

Key who heard the commotion going on in the kitchen quickly rushed there after placing Yoogeun inside the cot, when he reached the kitchen, he saw Jieun crying on the floor as Baekhyun was facing the sink. Instead of helping Jieun, Key turned and hid behind the wall, he knew that Jieun had to face this situation herself.

“Jieun, believe me, I’ll divorce her and come back to you,” Baekhyun assured turning to face the crying Jieun.

“How can I believe you when you have hurt me so many times,” Jieun bawled, her tears dripping onto the floor.

Baekhyun bend down, he took out the ring from his pocket and placed it on Jieun’s finger, he promised, “This ring represents the commitment, love and faithfulness from me to you.” He then went on to hug Jieun, “I’ll believe you one last time,” she spoke between her sobs.

Baekhyun helped Jieun up as he used his hands to wipe her tears from her face, “You are my one and only love now along with our son,” he said with a smile.

Key pushed himself off the wall and revealed himself, “Hi, am I bothering the both of you?” Key faked a laugh as Baekhyun and Jieun shook their heads.

‘I’ll always be your oppa and nothing more… I guess…’

He looked at his watch, “I guess I should leave now, Jieun-ah, thanks for the dinner and I’ve placed Yoogeun inside the cot.” Key said and he headed to the door without waiting for Jieun to bid him goodbye.

Baekhyun and Jieun intertwined their fingers together as they made their way to the baby’s room, right now, the both of them are feeling really blessed to have each other even though it will be a short one, they are both contented.

The both of them stood from afar to watch their son sleeping peacefully inside the cot, they looked at each other, smiled and kissed each other on the lips. Baekhyun parted the kiss and leaned against her forehead and whispered, “Love you forever.”

Jieun giggled at his cheesiness, “I love you forever too,” he smiled and she slapped his face away playfully and muttered, “Stop looking at me like that.”

*******************

Yes an update! On Baekhyun's birthday!

I typed this chapter out after remembering that today is Baekhyun's birthday!

Oh my dear boy is 21(international)/22(korean) years old already!

We are of the same age, my same aged friend. Keke!

Thank you for all the lovely comments, subscribing and upvoting. 

Chu~

WARNING: A big storm will be coming up in the next chapter.

Get ready for some Baekhyun birthday gif spam~


Happy birthday my dearest Byun Baekhyun!

Thank you for being part of my life too.

#happybaekhyunday