Routine Check-Up

My Baby's (Player) Father

Sunhee spent the night crying, it’s her third month into the pregnancy and Baekhyun had never once ask her about the baby. She woke up and went to wash up, her eyes puffy from all the crying. She heard the door closes and knew that Baekhyun had gone out again. She had to lie to their parents that they are fine and Baekhyun is treating her well.

‘We will be fine… We will…’

-

“What are you doing here?” Jieun asked as she placed her breakfast on the table.

Baekhyun pouted and asked, “Are you not welcoming me here?” he walked towards Jieun and backhug her, “Smells nice, did you make extra?” he pecked her cheeks before heading into the kitchen.

“Did you do the things I asked you before you left yesterday?” Jieun asked sounding serious as Baekhyun scooped up his breakfast onto the plate.

“Yes, she said that the baby is fine and she’s fine too,” Baekhyun answered almost immediately.

Jieun tilted her head and commanded, “Look at me, NOW.”

Baekhyun sighed and looked at her, “I’m looking at you now, what do you want to know?”

She cupped his face and said, “I just want to know the truth… I know you hate her, but..”

“She’s pregnant now and you don’t want her to experience it alone,” Baekhyun continue the sentence for her and she just nodded her head.

Baekhyun crossed his arms and looked at Jieun, “Why are you always asking me to give her some concern, are you trying to get rid of me? Are you going to break-up with me?”

Jieun widened her eyes and immediately deny, “What are you talking about? Of course I’m not going to break-up with you. I just want you to show her some concern…”

Baekhyun chuckled, “I’m joking with you, of course I know you won’t leave me!”

Jieun flicked his forehead and said, “Not funny…”

Just then Yoogeun’s cries attracted both of their attention and they immediately head to the baby’s room, Baekhyun picked up Yoogeun and pacify him while Jieun went to prepare his milk.

He carried Yoogeun down to the living room where he feed Yoogeun his milk as Jieun looked on, “You will be a good father in the future,” she compliment him.

“Only to Yoogeun and our future children,” Baekhyun corrected her and Jieun immediately knew that he won’t acknowledge Sunhee’s baby which makes her rather troubled.

“It’s Yoogeun’s routine check-up today right?” Baekhyun asked but he got no response.

He looked at Jieun and called out, “Jieun…”

Jieun finally regained her senses, “Yes, what are you saying?”

Baekhyun didn’t think much and repeated, “It’s Yoogeun’s routine check-up today right?”

Jieun took out her phone and smiled, “Yes, are you accompanying me down later?”

Baekhyun smiled and nodded his head, “Of course, go and prepare his stuffs that needed to be brought down later while I go wash his bottle.” He kissed her forehead before letting her go and pack the baby’s bag.

-

Sunhee changed and went to the hospital for check-up, when she looked around, she saw couples waiting around while she’s alone. She could also hear murmurs saying that she’s a single mother. She just walked to a corner with her head down, she felt so miserable until she received a phone call.

“Why are you doing this?” The male asked Sunhee at a café in the hospital.

“What are you talking about? I don’t understand…” Sunhee replied sipping her drink.

“The baby…” He said making Sunhee stop drinking and looked at him, “It’s not yours!” She immediately answered as she hurriedly picked up her bag to leave.

The male pulled her wrist as the people around their table looked at them, “Let me off,” Sunhee gritted her teeth as she mouthed the words.

He slowly let go of her wrist and she slowly disappear from her line of vision.

‘Are you feeling happy…?’

-

“Baby Yoogeun is growing very well, I can see that the both of you really took good care of him,” the doctor remarked with a laugh.

“He always makes sure that Yoogeun eats well,” Jieun teased Baekhyun as Baekhyun just smiled shyly.

Doctor Park laughed, “Just make sure not to overfeed him and Jieun, you still need to eat a little more, did you find it hard to pump milk?”

Jieun looked at Baekhyun whose ears are slowly turning red, “Y-yes,” Jieun answered avoiding the doctor’s eyes.

“Baekhyun-sshi, why are your ears red?” Doctor Park could not help but .

Baekhyun was caught off-guard, “It’s… hot here,” he tried to laugh it off.

Doctor Park shook her head, “There’s nothing to be shy here, remember to make sure that Jieun eats well so that she won’t have hard time pumping milk for your son.”

Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Alright then, I’ll see you guys a month later again,” Doctor Park said as she walks them to the door.

Just when they opened the door, Sunhee was in front of the door, “Ah, Sunhee-sshi, you may come in now.” Doctor Park said with a smile.

Sunhee looked at Baekhyun who was carrying Yoogeun with Jieun beside her while Jieun looked at Sunhee who had obviously lost weight again. Sunhee went in as Jieun looked at Baekhyun, “Go and accompany her,” she said softly to Baekhyun who shook his head.

Jieun carried Yoogeun from Baekhyun and his face, “Be good, go in and listen to what Doctor Park had to say,” Jieun tried to coax him.

Baekhyun sighed and deflated his shoulder, “Alright then, wait for me here.” He kissed Jieun before knocking onto the door and went in.

“Baekhyun-sshi?” Doctor Park called out with a confused look.

Baekhyun rubbed his necks and explained, “I’m here to listen to how the baby is doing…”

Doctor Park looked at Sunhee who nodded her head and then at Baekhyun, she blinked her eyes and instructed, “Come and have a seat then.”

“So, you are…?” Doctor Park asked to which Baekhyun introduced, “I’m her… husband.”

“Oh… Okay,” Doctor Park tried to laugh it off the awkward atmosphere that’s starting to sink in.

“Baekhyun-sshi, please wait here while I perform some checks on her,” Doctor Park said as she directed Sunhee to the bed.

After a while, Doctor Park came back and waited for Sunhee to join them, “Sunhee, the baby is fine but you need to eat more because the baby is underweight now and complications may arise in the future.” Doctor Park commented after Sunhee joined them at the table.

She then turned to Baekhyun, “Baekhyun-sshi, make sure that she eat nutritious meal so that it will benefit the baby.”

Baekhyun nodded his head and asked, “Doctor, may I know if I can test for the baby’s DNA now?”

Sunhee and Doctor Park were surprised at what Baekhyun had raised, Doctor Park looked at the file, “She’s around 12 weeks into the pregnancy now and yes we can test for the baby’s DNA now if you want.”

Sunhee stood up and shouted, “Just say it if you doesn’t want the baby! I won’t force you to be a part of his/her life! You don’t need to do a DNA test just to prove it!”

“Yes, I don’t want the baby!” Baekhyun answered back and looked at Doctor Park, “You heard what she said right; I’ve told her I don’t want the baby.” He said before storming out of the room leaving Sunhee crying as she sat back down on the chair.

Baekhyun walked towards Jieun and grabbed her wrist, “Let’s go,” he said before dragging her to the car.

“Baekhyun…” Jieun whined a little making him stop walking, he let go of her wrist and apologized, “I’m sorry, did I hurt you?”

Jieun looked at her reddened wrist, “A little, but it’s alright. What happened?”

Baekhyun looked away, “Can I don’t answer; can we just go home now?”

Jieun nodded her head as they walked back to the car where she placed Yoogeun on the baby child at the back before getting into the car.

********************

Broke the 300 subbies mark quite a while ago! Thank you all my subbies!!

Updated the story and I apologize for not updating it.

I've wanted to update it when EXO had their first win on friday but I've been busy these few days!

T____T

Thanks for all the subscribing, commenting and upvoting! 

Baekhyun...

My handsome boy~ AHHHHHH~

Congratulations to my boys for winning for three straight days!

130614 - EXO's 1st Win on Music Bank

130615 - EXO's 2nd Win on Music Core

130616 - EXO's 3rd Win on Inkigayo