Truth

My Baby's (Player) Father

Jieun was preparing breakfast at the kitchen while Baekhyun and Yoogeun were playing in the room when the doorbell rang, “Baekhyun-ah, can you please open the door,” Jieun shouted from the kitchen.

The doorbell rang again, Jieun pouted and removed her apron, ‘Baekhyun, you are getting from me later.’ Jieun opened the door surprised to see Key, “Oppa, what brought you here?”

Key looked at Jieun who was smiling, his first time seeing her smile so brightly after giving birth, “Oppa, why are you standing there, come in, I’m preparing breakfast now,” Jieun said as she pulled Key in.

Jieun smelt something burning, “Gosh, the food!” She screamed out loud and rushed to the kitchen, “Oppa, make yourself at home,” Jieun added as she hurriedly removed the egg from the pan.

Flashback

“Hey, I saw you before, you are Jieun’s friend right?” Key commented as he took a seat opposite the gloomy looking boy.

“So, how did you get my number?” Key asked trying to strike a conversation.

Key’s a social butterfly and yet he find striking this conversation a difficult task because the boy seated opposite him just kept sighing and looked very dejected, “Jieun’s sick,” the boy finally opened his mouth.

Key nearly spit his drink out; “Jieun’s what…” he took a piece of tissue and wiped his mouth, “Jieun’s what, can you repeat again?”

Luhan looked at Key and emphasized each and every word, “Jieun.is.sick.”

“How-how do you know?” Key questioned at the reliability of his words, he refused to believe that she’s sick, maybe yes, lovesick.

Luhan let out a deep sigh and explained, “I went to visit her just now, one moment she is smiling and thing, another moment, she will be wailing and crying. She even thought that I’ll take Yoogeun away from her when I just want to carry Yoogeun while she is drinking the soup. She even…”

Key urged impatiently, “Even what… Carry on! You can’t stop a story like that.”

Luhan took a deep breath and continued, “She even imagine me as Baekhyun. I knew that I couldn’t lie to her, I told her straight in the face that I’m not Baekhyun and that she’s sick, she became agitated and chased me away.”

Key ran his finger through his hair, “Why, but why are you telling me this, shouldn’t you find the irresponsible jerk who caused everything?”

Luhan scoffed, “If I’m able to find Baekhyun, I won’t be finding you right?”

Key has to agree with what he said this time round, “I know that you are the oppa that Jieun trust and rely on a lot, I want you to convince her to seek treatment.” Luhan added.

End of Flashback

‘Jieun seems fine to me, maybe that boy is sick instead.’

“Where’s the baby?” Key asked from the living room.

Jieun poke her head out from the kitchen and pointed to the room, “The baby is in the room playing with him.” She replied and went back to cooking.

‘Him? Is he really back?’

Key went to the room and finds no one but Yoogeun on the cot chuckling to himself instead. He walked towards the toilet but there’s no one, he make his way to the cot and carry Yoogeun looking around the house for traces of Baekhyun.

“Breakfast ready, Baekhyun-oppa, Key-oppa, come and have breakfast,” Jieun shouted as she placed the food on the table making her way to Key, she carried Yoogeun and said, “Oppa, come and have breakfast.”

Key forced out a smile and walked towards the dining table, “So… Where am I sitting?” Key asked as he tried to go with flow.

Jieun carried Yoogeun and pointed at the seat opposite her, “Here”

-

The breakfast was quiet as Key witnessed Jieun talking to the air beside her occasionally. “Baekhyun-ah, how’s the food?” She asked as she tries to pat Yoogeun to sleep.

Key just stared at her, his mind is blank; he had no choice but to admit that Jieun is sick, seriously sick.

“Key-oppa, what are you looking at?” Jieun asked bringing Key back to senses.

Key smiled sheepishly, “Nothing, I’m just envious of how loving the both of you are,” he bit his lips and said before eating the food.

‘I can’t bear to break the news to her… She won’t be able to take it.’

-

After putting the sleeping Yoogeun in the cot, Jieun went to join Key in the living room, “Where’s Baekhyun?” Key asked calmly.

Jieun widened her eyes and answered, “Key-oppa, Baekhyun is just beside you! Can’t you see him? He’s even laughing at you.” Jieun laughed and went to join them on the sofa.

Key laughed dryly and lied, “I’m just tired.”

‘Jieun, I really can’t see him…’

Jieun would continue talking to the air as Key looked on and this was the final straw, “Jieun,” Key called out.

Jieun looked at Key and tilted her head, “Yes oppa?”

Key stood up and walked towards Jieun, he placed both his hands on her shoulder and emphasize, “Baekhyun.doesn’t.exist.”

Jieun pushed Key’s hands away and stood up, “What are you talking about?” Baekhyun is here! He is beside me right now!” Jieun argued.

She then turned to the air beside her, “Baekhyun-oppa, why don’t you go back to the room first.”

Key shook Jieun and said, “I don’t see Baekhyun! Jieun, you are talking to the air since just now!”

Jieun shook her head, on the verge of crying, “No, he IS really here, he even played with the baby just now!”

Key argued, “When I went to the room just now, there’s no one, only Yoogeun inside the cot.”

“No… Baekhyun is here, he is in the room now,” Jieun defended as she ran to the room only to find the room empty.

She mumbled incoherently as tears flow down her face, “He was here, I saw him coming into the room just now.”

Key turned Jieun around and said, “Jieun-ah, go and seek treatment now, you are sick.”

Jieun slapped Key on the chest and cried, “You scare him away! I hate you!”

Key tried to convince Jieun that the Baekhyun she saw just now is just her imagination, “Prove to me that Baekhyun exist and I believe that you are not sick.”

Jieun stopped slapping Key’s chest and drew out her phone, “I took a photo of him just now.”

Jieun scrolled through her phone’s photo gallery and finally find the photo but there was no one beside Yoogeun, “He was here just now! He was!” Jieun cried as she showed the next photo to Key.

In that photo, there was no one beside her, it was just Yoogeun and her, “Baekhyun was here. He even took the picture.” Jieun stressed, Key sighed and said, “Jieun-ah, it’s just your imagination. Baekhyun was never home.”

Tears flowed down like running water, “He was here… he was here…” she mumbled.

Yoogeun started crying from all the commotion, Key walked over and carried Yoogeun as he left Jieun in the room alone in the meantime. It’s too much for Jieun to digest.

*********************

Update update~

I've changed the story name! Finally.

Thanks for all the subs, votes and comments.

I appreciate all of it! 

<33333

Anyway, I've changed the title, do let me know if you prefer this title or the old title.

All the feels for this chapter.

All the shock from Jieun

A round of applause for telling Jieun the truth