'Silent' support

My Baby's (Player) Father

“Hyung, where is that girl that is always with you?” Sehun asked when he realized that Baekhyun is alone. “I’ve dumped her,” Baekhyun answered simply, all of them looked at Baekhyun, shocked, “Y-you dumped her! But-,” before Sehun could finish his sentence, Baekhyun answered nonchalantly, “She broke my most important rule, that’s it.” Luhan looked at Baekhyun and knew that he still hasn’t forgotten Jieun; he is just using those girls as a substitute for Jieun.

‘Jieun… You really left a huge impact on Baekhyun’s life…’

The next thing they knew, Nayoung, the girl that Baekhyun dumped came to their table and begged Baekhyun to get back with her again, Baekhyun being baekhyun, he didn’t have any reaction even though the girl is already crying and kneeling on the floor, he just ignored her. Luhan stood up from his seat; he pulled Nayoung up forcefully and dragged her out, “What are you doing! Can’t you see that I’m begging Baekhyun,” Nayoung shouted angrily, “Exactly, you are begging him but he doesn’t give any response, it meant that he doesn’t care, he doesn’t want to get back with you.” Luhan answered back before leaving Nayoung on the street, sobbing her eyes out. “Thank you,” Baekhyun answered plainly, Luhan looked at him, “For getting rid of this clingy girl,” he continued to which Luhan rolled his eyes and went back to his seat.

--------------------------------------------

Jieun stood on the chair trying to reach for the pack of biscuit from the cabinet, while trying to get down; she nearly slipped if not for Key who happened to pass by, “What are you doing on the chair!” Key chided as he helped Jieun to the living room. Jieun knew that Key is pissed, very pissed right now, “I-I’m just trying to-,” Key is truly mad, “Just tell me and I’ll help you! You are seven months pregnant now, SEVEN MONTHS!” Key lost his anger at Jieun who just looked down on the floor. There was silence in the room until Key bend down, he held Jieun’s hands and apologize, “I-I’m sorry for losing my temper at you.” Jieun shook her head still refusing to look at Key, “I know I’m in the wrong, I shouldn’t have climbed up the chair just to take the biscuit…” Key placed his palm on Jieun’s face and made her face him only to realize that she is crying, “But you are really so fierce just now… You scare me…” Jieun continued as Key wiped off the tears from her face, “Look, I’m really sorry; I’m just worried about you and the baby.” Key said kissing Jieun’s hand gently.

Baekhyun went back home, alone again, his parents are away on business trip, he took out his mobile phone that was ringing, “How’s the progression now?” He asked, sitting down on the sofa, leaning his head on the sofa and closing his eyes. “Good. I’ll see you at my house in twenty minutes time.” He said before ending the call. After napping for twenty minutes, he heard the doorbell ringing, he walked to the door groggily, “Oh, it’s you. Come in and talk.” Baekhyun shook his head to wake himself up. “This is what I’ve found so far,” the private investigator said as he passed Baekhyun the envelope to which Baekhyun passed him the cheque. “Thank you, if you need anything, just gives me a call,” the guy said before leaving. Baekhyun sat down on the chair in his room, he opened the envelope and look through the stack of photographs. “LEE JIEUN! YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LIAR EVER!” Baekhyun shouted out of frustration after seeing the photographs.

Key was watching a movie at home with Jieun when he received a call, “Key-goon, can I meet you at the café near your house now, don’t ask who I am, I’ll be wearing a black jacket. See you later.” Before Key could answer, the caller ends the call. “Who is it?” Jieun asked with her puppy eyes. Key smiled and said to the baby in her tummy, “Baby, godfather will be back soon, be good okay.” Jieun frowned and asked again, “Where are you going?” Key looked at her and answered with a smile, “I’ll be out to meet a friend of mine, just sleep first, don’t wait for me.”

‘Why do I feel that Key oppa is keeping something from me?’

Key headed to the café near his house and saw a guy wearing black jacket seated at the table at a corner with his back facing him, he made his way towards him and his eyes widen upon seeing the person, he recognized as the guy that made Jieun cried a lot, “H-how do you know that I lived here.” Key asked, “Have a seat, Key-goon, I’m-,”, “Baekhyun right, I know.” Key answered. Baekhyun nodded his head, “I knew that Jieun lied to me… and Luhan, I know that she is still pregnant… with my child, I came today not to see her and agitate her, and I’m here today to strike a deal with you.” Key tilted his head, “A deal?” Baekhyun cleared his throat and said, “Yes, a deal, I’ll be giving Jieun something call ‘Silent’ support, which means I’ll deposit cash into your account and you will buy her things that the baby and her needs. I’m alright if she doesn’t want the baby to acknowledge me as his father, but in any case the child wants to acknowledge me in the future, I’ll be more than willing to. Since Jieun hates me a lot, it’s no use that I go see her now… or in the future. Are you alright with the deal?”

‘He… doesn’t seem like a bad or irresponsible guy after all…’

“Since you are the child’s father, I’ll help you with the ‘Silent’ support, but promise me not to agitate Jieun again, not now.” Key said. Baekhyun nodded his head, “In that case, thank you.” Baekhyun then stood up and leave while Key sat down and let out a deep sigh. He is the child’s father and there is nothing Key can do to stop the father from supporting the child. Key went back home and saw Jieun sleeping on the sofa, “Didn’t I tell her not to wait for me…?” Key mumbled before carrying Jieun to her room, “You are back,” Jieun asked when she felt herself being lifted up. “Didn’t I tell you not to wait for me?” Key said to which Jieun pouted, “Oppa… Are you still angry with me?” Jieun said softly but loud enough for the both of them to hear. Key gently placed Jieun on the bed, “Why do you say so?” Jieun shook her head and smiled, “Nothing, just pretend that I didn’t asked, goodnight.” Jieun turned and have her back facing Key while Key just looked at her, “Goodnight,” Key said before walking out of the room.

‘Jieun… Am I really not fit to be the baby’s father?’

Baekhyun drove to Luhan’s house; he pressed the doorbell repeatly until Luhan opened the door, “Why are you spamming my doorbell at such timing?” Luhan asked at Baekhyun’s ridiculous action. “Come and let’s have some drink,” Baekhyun said pulling Luhan forcefully to his car. “Is there something wrong again?” Luhan asked obvious that Baekhyun is hiding something from him. Baekhyun shook his head, “No… Can’t I ask a friend out to drink with me know that I’m single.” Luhan looked out of the window and answered, “Sure, why not.”

‘Baekhyun… I can read you like a book, it must be something related to Jieun, only she has the ability to make you become like that.’

“Baekhyun, stop drinking so much,” Luhan nagged as Baekhyun continued to down cups after cups of alcohol, “Am I not fit to be a father?” Baekhyun asked in a drunken state. “You have drunk too much, let’s go.” Luhan said as he took over the cup of alcohol from Baekhyun’s hand, “No… Answer me first, why…” Baekhyun just kept on talking non-stop while Luhan drove Baekhyun home; he parked the car and helped Baekhyun out, “Damn you, why am I forever taking care of you when you are drunk and your parents and maids aren’t around!” Luhan cursed under his breath when he noticed that the house is pitched black. Luhan helped Baekhyun to his room and threw him on the bed, “Looks like I’ve to sleep on the sofa again, Byun Baekhyun, you owe me big time,” Luhan mumbled as he made his way to the sofa but on the way there he noticed a stack of photograph on the table. He walked closer and his eyes widen at what he saw.

‘Jieun… she... why….’

******************************************

Another update!

Poor Luhan always have to take care a drunk Baekhyun when he is always alone at home.

HAHA!!