Pregnant...?!

My Baby's (Player) Father

It’s close to two months since the breakup and Baekhyun too dismissed the thoughts that he might have fallen for Jieun. Jieun and Baekhyun are still not on talking terms yet. But she’s slowly able to talk to the rest of the guys but just Baekhyun; she will either avoid him or ignore him. Baekhyun and Hyemi didn’t last either, he broke up with her and forfeited the bet; he just can’t do it to Hyemi.

“Sweetie, come and have your dinner, it’s your favourite salmon fish,” Mrs Lee called out to Jieun who was in her room still nursing her heartbreak by venting her frustrations on painting. Her parents are starting to suspect something is not right when they realized that Jieun had lost her bubbly personality. When Jieun sat down at the dining table, she immediately covered , ran to the toilet and vomited, her parents noticed and went to check on her immediately, “Sweetie, are you alright?” Mrs Lee asked worriedly.

‘I’m late by close to two months! I thought my period wasn’t regular because of my unstable emotions, I’m not pregnant right!’ Jieun thought as she looked at herself in the mirror. She cleaned herself up and opened the door, “I think I ate something wrong,” Jieun forced out a smile to assure her parents but deep in her heart, she’s thinking about the possibility of her getting pregnant.

*Vomiting sound*

“Sweetie, shall we go to the hospital?” Mrs Lee asked when she heard vomiting sound from the toilet early in the morning, Jieun wasn’t getting enough sleep from the vomiting, “I’ll go alone,” but her mother wasn’t assured, “It’s okay, I’ll go with you.”

Jieun sighed and knew that she can’t hide any longer from her parents eventually; they waited anxiously outside the doctor’s room after the doctor checked and did test on her. Jieun was getting worried but her mother has no idea that she could be pregnant. “Lee Jieun,” the nurse called out.

Jieun walked into the room with a heavy heart, “So what happened to my daughter?” Mrs Lee asked the doctor who clearly doesn’t have a good expression. “Mrs Lee, your daughter is 8 weeks pregnant,” the doctor announced giving her mother a shock. “Aye, you are joking right? Doctor Jung, my daughter doesn’t even have a boyfriend, how can she be pregnant?” Mrs Lee asked again.

“Mom, I’ve a boyfriend,” Jieun finally came clean to her mother, “Shut up when I’m talking to the doctor,” Mrs Lee shouted before turning to the doctor, but the doctor just repeated the same thing that Jieun is 8 weeks pregnant. The journey back home was a quiet one, Jieun was shocked at the sudden news while her mother was upset that because of the lack of time spending with her daughter that leads to her getting pregnant. 'It can't be... It can't be...' Jieun thought in her heart throughout the whole journey.

Once they reached home, Mrs Lee demanded, “Who’s the father, I want to speak to him,” she had a clearly pissed expression, “I’ve broken up with him,” Jieun answered looking at the floor. Mrs Lee was dumbfounded, Jieun is pregnant but she had broken up with the boy, “You are pregnant, he should be responsible!” Mrs Lee reasoned with Jieun who started crying, “The baby is mine, the baby doesn’t need an irresponsible father!” Jieun shouted before running back to her room, she locked her door and started crying on her bed.

Mrs Lee fall back on the sofa, a streak of tears rolled down her face, she started blaming herself for spending too little time to Jieun. When Jieun’s father came home, he was surprised to see his wife crying at the sofa, “Honey, what happened?” Mr Lee asked his wife who mumbled, “It’s all our fault, it’s all our fault…”

Mr Lee was confused, “Honey, what exactly happened?” He asked again, his wife looked at him with tears stained face, “Our daughter is 8 weeks pregnant and the baby have no father because Jieun broke up with him and she refused to let us meet her ex-boyfriend.”

His eyes widen with shocked, “Ji-Jieun is pregnant! Our Jieun is pregnant…” He mumbled before comforting his wife again. Jieun opened the door and saw her mother crying, she felt guilty, it was her mistake but it caused her mother to cry too, “I’ll take care of the baby without the baby needing a father,” Jieun said to her already very shocked parents.

Mr Lee demanded, “Jieun, tell us who’s the father, he needs to know it!” to which Jieun shook her head, “I think it’s perfectly fine for me to take care of the baby alone,” Jieun reasoned. “We will be moving you to the house we bought in Daegu while we will stay here, you can come back after the baby’s born,” Mr Lee said, it pained him to leave his daughter alone in Daegu. Jieun nodded her head, “I know I brought embarrassment to you, but I’ll prove to you that the baby and I can live perfectly well without the baby’s father,” Jieun replied before heading back to her room.

The next day, Jieun went to school early to complete the application to withdraw from school, a move that came as a surprise to her teachers. “Jieun, are you really sure you are going to withdraw from school? You know that you are a smart girl right.” Mrs Kim, her teacher since year 1 asked, frowning.

Jieun nodded her head, “I’m very sure, thank you Mrs Kim for teaching me these few years,” she said with a smile, ‘I really wanted to continue studying but right now, I can’t.’ Jieun was given options to either continue studying until her application is completed or to just stay at home till her application is completed, she chose to continue studying in the meantime. “Mrs Kim, can I make a request to have my withdrawal from school a secret until I’ve leave completely?” Jieun asked with a serious look, “Alright, I’ll keep it a secret for you,” Mrs Kim smiled and answered. Jieun’s seriousness quickly changed to a bright smile as she made her way to the classroom.

“Ouch!” Jieun let out a cried when Hyemi and her gang pulled her into an empty classroom and pushed her against the wall. “What did you said to Baekhyun that he broke up with me!” Hyemi shouted like a crazy woman. Jieun’s first instinct is to protect her baby, she must not let anyone knows that she’s pregnant, “I didn’t! I didn’t even get close to him, how am I supposed to tell him to break up with you,” Jieun answered back, fortunately, she was saved by a fellow student who heard shouting, Jieun went to class and acted nothing had happened. ‘May the application be completed as soon as possible; I can’t let anything happen to the baby’.

Jieun kept her withdrawal from school a secret from Luhan; she didn’t want him to ask because she knows that she will eventually tell him everything when he asks. “Jieun, Lee Jieun!” Luhan called out, “What are you thinking? Let’s go and have lunch.” Luhan pulled Jieun along even before she could answer. Jieun stopped walking, Luhan turned and looked at her while the rest of them stopped too, including Baekhyun, “I’m not hungry, I’m not eating, you all can go ahead.” She said before turning to leave.

“You and Jieun still aren’t talking to each other?” Chanyeol asked when they are making their way to the canteen. Baekhyun looked at him, “No, why are you asking?” ‘How am I supposed to talk to her when she’s always avoiding or ignoring me… ?’ As usual, Luhan is the first to leave whenever Jieun didn’t join them for lunch, he will always buy food for her, some of the guys are starting to suspect that Luhan likes Jieun but they didn’t voice it out, after all, Jieun is Baekhyun’s ex and Baekhyun and Luhan are ‘brothers’.

Luhan went to the field to find Jieun but she isn’t around, he tried calling her but her phone is switched off. Luhan went back to the canteen and everyone was surprised when he returned with the food he bought for Jieun, “Didn’t you go and find her?” Kris asked. Luhan nodded his head and answered, “I did, but she isn’t around and her phone is switched off.”

*Bell ring*

“Guys, let’s go back to class,” Suho said after hearing the bell ringing indicating that break is over. When they returned back to class, they saw Jieun’s table empty, her bag isn’t around too. Luhan is starting to get worried, he tried calling Jieun’s phone but it’s still switched off. “Who’s absent?” Their teacher asked to which the students answered Jieun’s name. “Oh, Jieun took leave from school, anyone else?” Their teacher explained and after hearing it, Luhan heaved a sigh of relief after realizing that nothing had happened to her, even though Baekhyun acted as though he doesn’t care, but he still cares for her though, he was pretty distracted when he heard Luhan saying that she isn’t around at the usual place.

‘Byun Baekhyun, you still owe Jieun an apology, you have to apologize to her even though she might not even want to hear your apology.’ - Baekhyun

**************************

Thanks for subscribing and commenting! <3333

I don't think this story will be one with lots of chapter. Haha!

Oh! Another character will be appearing soon, a rival for both Luhan and Baekhyun.

*HINT 1* [The character(a HE) is in the same company as EXO]

*HINT 2* [Second hint is already in this chapter]

Can you guess who is it? Haha!

Here's something for you guys,

y Baekhyun

VS

Cute Baekhyun