Key's heartbreak

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

After seeing Jieun leaving with Baekhyun, Key lost all his energy to do anything; he just sat blankly at the sofa. Time passes and without him knowing, it’s already morning and he didn’t sleep a wink, he had been waiting for Jieun to open the door and ask, ‘You are still awake?’ but that didn’t happen. Key took out his phone and called Baekhyun, “We need to talk, meet you at the same old place,” Key said and ended the call as soon as Baekhyun answered.

Key arrived at the café earlier, all kinds of questions started floating inside his mind, the moment Baekhyun arrived, Key stood up and grabbed him by his collar causing the customers around their table to look at them with a surprised look, “You broke you promise!” Key said as he looked at Baekhyun, the both of them started a staring battle and both of them had red bloodshot eyes, Key from tiredness and Baekhyun from the crying. “You promised me not to disturb Jieun, but you broke it yesterday!” Key continued, his tone sounding real angry, “You promised to bring her home but she hasn’t been home the whole night!” Key added as he slowly let go of Baekhyun.

‘She didn’t go home yesterday…’

“I… We, had an argument yesterday and she left, I thought that she is heading home,” Baekhyun answered burying his head in his hands. Key slammed his hands on the table, “YOU THOUGHT, YOU ASSUMED, she is pregnant now with your child, I shouldn’t have let her went with you yesterday,” Key raised his voice again attracting stares from the customers around their table. Key left to search for Jieun, he tried dialing Jieun’s number but the line didn’t go through.

‘Jieun-ah, how am I assured that you can take care of yourself when you are always disappearing without a word?’

Baekhyun took out the jewelry box from his pocket, he got some kind of motivation after looking at it; he dashed out of the café and went to find Jieun based on his telepathy mind with the baby.

‘Baby, I’m counting on you to find your mommy.’

Key and Baekhyun ran around the places that Jieun is likely to go separately but both of them couldn’t find her. Neither of them gave up as they walked in every store asking if they had seen Jieun but all of them shook their head. They are slowly getting tired but they are persistent on finding Jieun.

‘Isn’t that Jieun? What is she doing here?’

He walked towards the girl sleeping on the bench; he tapped her shoulders gently and asked, “What are you doing here?” He asked as the girl woke up from her sleep, “Sehun-ah, good morning.” Jieun answered rubbing her eyes. “What are you doing here?” Sehun repeated her question, “I-,” Jieun bit her lips unknown on how to answer, “You slept here the whole night?” Sehun exclaimed as Jieun nodded her head sheepishly, Sehun took off his coat and placed it over Jieun, “Thank you,” Jieun answered as Sehun took a seat beside her. “Does Baekhyun-hyung know that you are here?” Sehun asked to which Jieun shook her head, “We, quarrel,” Jieun answered simply as she took a deep breath. Sehun let out a sigh, ‘Quarreling again…’ “Let me send you home,” Sehun said before he took Jieun’s hand and send her home. Jieun led Sehun to her house and said once again, “Sehun-ah, thank you so much.” Sehun smiled and said, “Next time, if anything happens, don’t ever sleep outside especially you are a girl and is pregnant now! Call me and I can let you sleep over at my house since Baekhyun-hyung is my friend too.” Jieun smiled and nodded her head.

Jieun went home and find the house empty, she let out a sigh and sat down on the sofa, the door clicked open and it’s Key standing at the door, “Oppa,” Jieun called out, Key who was actually moody smiled when he heard the familiar voice calling him. Key rushed towards Jieun’s side and hugged her tightly, “Where did you went the whole night?” Key asked as he released the hug.

‘I can’t let him know that I slept outside the whole night, he will be angry for sure!’

“I went to stay over at one of my friend’s house,” Jieun told a white lie and surprisingly Key didn’t continue asking. “Jieun-ah, oppa got something to tell you.” Key said sounding serious and this somehow sent shivers down Jieun’s spine. “W-what’s that?” Jieun asked. “My parents had arranged a marriage for me,” Key explained, “So?” Jieun asked, “But I told them that I had a girlfriend already,” Key continued, “And is the girlfriend, me?” Jieun said knowing obviously that he is referring to her. Key nodded his head.

‘What’s with all this arranged marriage thing, first Baekhyun, now Oppa…’

“You want me to lie to them?” Jieun said as a small pout formed on her face, Key observed Jieun’s reaction and it’s obvious that she doesn’t want to lie, “Jieun-ah, it’s alright, I can understand, once we started lying, we have to come up with another lie to cover this lie,” Key said faking a laugh, “Oppa, I’m sorry,” Jieun apologized, she really doesn’t want to lie to Key’s parents. “Don’t be, Jieun-ah, have you considered accepting Baekhyun?” Key asked, he wasn’t sure why he would even asked Jieun this question. Jieun was surprised and replied, “Oppa, did you meet with him and he told you something?” Key continues faking a laugh, “No, are you going to let the baby have an incomplete family?” Jieun looked down and shook her head, “Not now.” She said softly but loud enough for Key to hear.

Jieun looked at Key and noticed that his eyes are red, “You didn’t sleep?” She asked, pouting. “How can I sleep when you didn’t come home at all,” Key replied jokingly, “Now that you are home, I can go and sleep.” Key said before walking back to his room. Once inside, the smile on his face disappear, he leaned against the door and his legs gave way, tears streamed down his face as he wept silently, “Oppa will let you go and find your happiness,” he murmured.

‘Since oppa’s future wife will be coming next time, I guess I need to find a house soon. Maybe I should just move back to Daegu.’

Jieun looked around the house, she stopped infront of the baby room, she rubbed her tummy and said, “This baby room is yours actually, but mommy will bring you back to Daegu and the both of us shall live happily together.” She muttered before going back to her room to pack her things.

‘Oppa, forgive me for being selfish.’

---------------------------

“Did anyone come last night?” Luhan asked the moment he saw Sehun, “Last night?” Sehun furrowed his brows and thought hard, ‘Could it be Jieun?’ “I don’t think so, why?” Sehun asked as he poured Luhan a glass of water. Luhan shook his head and drank the water.

‘So it’s just a dream…’

Baekhyun came a little while and said, “I’m sorry, I’ve got some personal things to attend to yesterday, how are you?” Luhan looked at him and noticed his red bloodshot eyes, “I should be the one asking how are you instead,” Luhan replied as Baekhyun smiled sheepishly. “Since you can tease me, I assumed you are fine now,” Baekhyun said jokingly. “The doctors said that I can be discharge tomorrow,” Luhan said with a smile.

After visiting Luhan, Sehun and Baekhyun walked together to their car, “Hyung, did something happened?” Sehun garner his courage to ask, “What makes you think so?” Baekhyun asked back. “Your eyes, red and puffy, you cried,” Sehun answered straight-forwardly. To his surprise, Baekhyun decided to tell him what happened, “My ex-girlfriend, Sunhee came back,”, “Sunhee-noona is back!” Sehun exclaimed. Baekhyun nodded his head, “My parents arranged a marriage for Sunhee and me but if it’s a few years back, I’ll be over the moon, but now, I’ve lost all feeling for her, so I went to Jieun’s house and brought her to my house and I propose to her in front of my parents,” Sehun interrupted again, “And did she accept it?” Baekhyun shook his head, “She rejected me and came out with tons of reasons why she couldn’t accept me and she left, so I assumed she went home but no, I don’t even know where she is now…” Baekhyun’s voice trailed off.

‘She’s fine… Hyung, if only I can tell you, but I promised Jieun.’

**********************************

Updated!!!

Thanks for the subbie and comments.

I'm so bad for making angsty chapters right. 

But fluff chapters will be somewhere at the back.

Wanted to write fluffy chapters but always ended up writing angsty chapters.

OTL