Jieun's disappearing act

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

Flashback

“Miss Lee, you are lucky that you are sent to the hospital on time, the baby is fine,” the doctor said with a smile. “Shall I go and ask your friends to come visit you now?” The doctor asked. Jieun pondered and finally requested, “Doctor, can you lie to them that I miscarried the baby?” The doctor looked at her, surprised by what she said, he frowned and answered, “I’m not supposed to, but if the patient insist, we will co-operate with her, and Miss Lee, do rest more at home.” While walking to the door, the doctor still cannot get the reason why a girl like her would wants him to lie, but since she insisted, he had to co-operate with her then.

End of Flashback

“Yah! Lee Jieun, what happened?” Key asked as soon as he reached the hospital. Luhan who was inside the room accompanying Jieun turned and greeted Key. Luhan walked towards Key and explained softly to him while Jieun sat on the bed in a daze. Key widened his eyes upon hearing it, “Erm, I need to speak to Jieun alone, can you please leave us alone for a while?” Key requested to which Luhan nodded his head and went out.

‘Where is Baekhyun?’

Luhan came out from the room and didn’t see Baekhyun around. He dialed his number but it was unreachable. Yes, he is angry at Baekhyun for causing Jieun’s miscarriage, but he knew that Baekhyun is upset now since he just knew that the child is his, as his friend and brother, he is worried about him too.

Key walked towards Jieun and asked, “How are you feeling now?” Jieun looked at him, she blinked her eyes and hugged him, “Oppa, can you help me keep this secret?” Key mumbled, “Secret?” Jieun released the hug and nodded her head, “Secret, can you?” Key nodded his head confusingly. Jieun then whispered everything into his eyes, “Really?” Key mouthed out the word to which Jieun nodded her head and her tummy, she whispered to her baby, “Baby, forgive mummy.”

‘Luhan, I’m sorry I had to lie to you again… and again.’

After receiving news from Chanyeol that Baekhyun is at the beach, Luhan went to find him to comfort him instead of chiding him. “It’s cold here, wear it,” Luhan said as he placed his jacket over Baekhyun who is staring at the necklace again. Baekhyun asked, “How is Jieun?” Luhan sat down and replied, “Still the same, she didn’t talk but just looked out of the window in a daze, what about you? Are you intending not to go and visit her?” Baekhyun gave out a fake laugh, “How am I supposed to visit her when she hates me so much now, maybe next time when she is feeling better,” Baekhyun answered. Luhan patted Baekhyun’s shoulder and the both of them just sat there in silent as the cold wind blew against their faces.

‘As much as I love Jieun, you are my ‘brother’ whom I’ve known since young, Byun Baekhyun, you got to hang in there, I’ll always stand by you!’

The next day, Luhan went to the hospital and was surprised to see Jieun’s room empty; he caught hold of a nurse nearby and asked, “Hi, did you see the patient in this room?” The nurse looked at the room number and shook her head. Luhan started calling Jieun’s phone but it went unanswered. After several tries, Jieun finally answered, “Luhan… Don’t bother looking for me anymore, I really want to take a long break, you are my best friend, and will always be one. I don’t know where I’ll be heading to, but I’ll definitely e-mail you every now and then.” Jieun said but before Luhan could say anything, the line went dead.

‘Jieun disappeared… again…’

Three months later

After hearing that Jieun disappeared again, Baekhyun started to give up finding her, he went back to his playboy days, changing girlfriend as though he is changing clothes. His heart is still with Jieun of course, no strings attached, that’s his only rules to the girls he played with. As for Luhan, he still kept in touch with Jieun through e-mail, she will e-mail him a picture of the scenery of where she is, Luhan tried to find her, but it’s too hard since she said that she is moving around now and then.

“Oppa, can you get me a cup of warm water,” Jieun asked while editing the picture she is about to e-mail Luhan. Her tummy is getting bigger and bigger, 7 months pregnant, she hasn’t really put on weight. Key placed the cup of water beside her and asked, “E-mailing Luhan again?” Jieun smiled and nodded while Key massaged her shoulder, “Have you thought of a name for the baby?” Key asked, his mind came up with lots of names for the baby, “What about, Chunhee, Minhyun, Byungyeol, Seonghyun, Yoogeun…”, “Yoogeun, the name is nice,” Jieun exclaimed as she looked up at Key and smiled.

‘Jieun-ah, I know you still haven’t forgotten Baekhyun, but it’s alright.’

Jieun and Key didn’t really went left Korea, they just went to stay at one of the villa that Key’s parents owned. They started off starting together as best buddies but one day, Key confessed that he likes Jieun which startled Jieun a little, she didn’t really give him an answer but they just continue their relationship as ‘friends but something more than friends but not a couple yet’. Key is contented to have Jieun around him; it doesn’t really matter if Jieun is his girlfriend or just a normal friend. Key sat down beside Jieun and just looked at her with loving gaze. Jieun tilted her head and asked, “What are you looking at?” Key answered plainly but enough to make Jieun blush, “You.”

“Baekhyun-ah, what if I said that I’ve fallen for you?” Nayoung, one of the girls that Baekhyun played with said as she played with his fingers. Baekhyun removed his hands from hers and frowned, “Have you forgotten the rules?” He asked sounding angry. Nayoung was baffled by his sudden change, she stood up and answered back, “I’m just saying. Do you need to get angry at me?” Baekhyun took his coat from the sofa and walked towards the door, “Where are you going?” Nayoung asked, “Home, our relationship had ended as of now,” Baekhyun said coldly before slamming the door.

Luhan got back home after a long day in school to do project, his face lit up when he saw a new e-mail from Jieun. He smiled and typed a long reply to her; he still believed that Jieun is travelling around the world. But his smile didn’t last long when he read that she is currently in a relationship with Key. His heart hurt, but he still wish her to last long with Key. He took a selca from his phone and transferred the selca to the computer, before sending it to Jieun, he attached the selca to show her how he had been.

‘Jieun-ah, I hoped that Key won’t make you cry like how Baekhyun did, if he does, just tell me.’

Key covered Jieun eyes, “Oppa, what are you doing?” Jieun asked as she tried to remove Key’s hands from her eyes, “Just follow me,” Key whispered, when they reached the room, he slowly removed his hands from her eyes, Jieun blinked her eyes, surprised at what she is seeing, the room is decorated into a baby room, she turned and asked, “This…” Key asked with his face full of smile, “How is it? Is it nice? I decorated it secretly!” Jieun walked to the baby cot, “But we are not going to stay here after I gave birth anymore,” Jieun said, her hands tracing the baby cot. “My parents agreed to give me this house as part of my birthday present.” Key answered, holding Jieun’s hands, to be honest, Jieun is really touched by what Key did, “Oppa… this is your house, I might go back to Seoul after giving birth,” Jieun stated which make the smile on Key’s face slowly disappear. Key slowly released Jieun’s hands, “Right… I forgot about it,” Key said as he walked around the room. Jieun walked towards Key and gave him a backhug, “I said I might, it doesn’t mean I will go back straight away.” Jieun said which made Key heaved a sigh of relief because Jieun is not leaving him yet.

‘Oppa… I’ll try to love you, I’ll try.’

*****************************************

When I read the comments, I'm like, "Wow, you guys sure know how the story flows!"

Of course Jieun didn't have a miscarriage, because if she really does, the story will end already. Haha!

This chapter is like dedicated to Key... hahah!

Oh! And no, this fic is still a Baekhyun fanfic, not a Key fic. haha! 

I still don't know how many chapters will there be, I'm just writing whenever I'm free.

Oh! i'm starting a new story featuring Luhan!

Do you want to read it? Hehe.

Overflowing with Key fweels~