Baekhyun's heartbreak

My Baby's (Player) Father

 

Sehun who is accompanying Luhan saw a streak of tears rolling down from the corner of his eyes. He was puzzled until he heard Luhan mumbling ‘Jieun’ repeatly did he realized that Luhan is in love with Baekhyun’s girl. The rest of them came after getting Sehun’s message except for Baekhyun who was nowhere to be seen. Luhan opened his eyes; he looked around and asked, “Where am I?”

Sehun explained, “Hyung, you fainted on the streets just now so I sent you to the hospital, do you know that your fever reaches 40 °C at a point of time, it nearly burn your brain and you will become dumb!” Luhan shot him a death glare and Sehun immediately stopped talking. “Hyung, why is your eyes red?” Kai asked, Luhan took the mirror from the table beside and looked at it, “Nothing, maybe because of the bad dream just now,” he answered not knowing that Sehun knows the reason. “Hyungs, I’ll go and get some drinks first,” Sehun said.

‘Hyung, you can lie to everyone but you can never lie to me because I know the reason why.’

-----------------------------------

The car screeched and stopped right infront of Myungsoo’s mother who was too shocked to move, the owner of the car came out and checked to see if he had banged onto the person, Jieun rushed forward to help Myungsoo’s mother up and apologized repeatly to the driver. “Omma!” Myungsoo cried as he hugged his mother tightly, crying on her shirt after witnessing what had happened. Jieun too was slightly traumatize, “Can you do me a favour and send me to the hospital?” Jieun asked Myungsoo’s mother who nodded and flag down an oncoming cab to send Jieun to the hospital.

“I’m so sorry,” Myungsoo’s mother kept on apologizing. Jieun just smiled and shook her head, “Noona, is the baby a boy or girl?” Myungsoo asked as his tiny hands Jieun’s stomach, “Myungsoo-ah, it’s a boy,” Jieun answered. Myungsoo’s face lit up and said, “Dongsaeng-ah, it’s Myungsoo-hyung here, come and play with hyung when you are older okay? Promise!” Myungsoo talked in his cute kiddy tone and both Myungsoo’s mother and Jieun chuckled.

‘Baby, mommy is bringing you for checkup now. Everything will be fine.’

Myungsoo’s mother accompanied Jieun for the checkup since she was slightly traumatize, her doctor-in-charge checked and assured Jieun that the baby is fine. Myungsoo’s mother heaved a sigh of relieve, “I’ll be guilty for life if anything happens to your baby,” Myungsoo’s mother said. “Thanks for sending me to the hospital,” Jieun thanked Myungsoo’s mother known as Eunseo. “I should be the one thanking you for finding my son,” Eunseo said holding onto Myungsoo’s tiny hand tightly.

When Jieun was about to take a cab home, she saw Sehun at the vending machine, “Jieun!” Sehun shouted, Jieun had no choice but to turn and greet him back, “What are you doing here?” Jieun asked. Sehun looked at Jieun and tilted his head, “Your stomach?” Jieun bit her lips and answered, “Yes, I lied… What are you doing here again?” Sehun remembered what Luhan had mumbled in his sleep just now, “Sehun…” Jieun called out again, “Luhan-hyung was hospitalized after fainting on the streets just now.” Sehun finally said not knowing if he made the correct decision. Jieun let out a soft ‘oh’, “Is-,” Sehun seems to know what Jieun is going to ask, “Nope, Baekhyun-hyung isn’t there, but the rest of them are in the ward now, if you want, you can visit him when he is discharged since you are heavily pregnant now, staying exposed in the hospital isn’t good for both the mother and child.” He said to which Jieun nodded her head, “Sehun-ah, help me to keep this a secret, please.” Sehun nodded his head and walked Jieun to the taxi stand.

‘Jieun-ah, if only you know how much Luhan-hyung loves you…’

When Jieun returned home, she saw Key sitting on the sofa, his hands holding onto his phone, “I’m home,” Jieun said as Key stood up and walked towards her, without saying anything, he hugged her tightly, “Where do you went just now? I came home and couldn’t find you, I thought you left…” Key said softly but loud enough for Jieun to hear. “Oppa, I’m hungry, can you fixed me something to eat?” Jieun asked, her voice sounding tired. Key released the hug and nodded his head, “Go and rest first.”

Baekhyun knew that his feelings for Sunhee isn’t there anymore and marrying her will only hurt her in the future, he dressed up and headed out, he needed to spend some time alone. He stopped infront of Key’s house and hesitated to press the doorbell but still he pressed it, “Jieun-ah, can you check who is it?” Key shouted from the kitchen as Jieun made her way to the door, “Who-,” before Jieun could finish her sentence, she stood frozen and looked at the person in front, he had lost weight but he still looks the same still so handsome. “Who is that?” Key shouted from the kitchen after not getting a reply, he came out and was surprised too.

‘She still looks the same, her stomach is getting bigger and bigger but her face is still so small.’

Baekhyun looked at Jieun; she seems visibly tired, “Come with me first,” Baekhyun said, without waiting for Jieun’s answer, he held her hands and dragged her along, “Where are you bringing her to?” Key asked worriedly. “I’ll return her safely later,” Baekhyun answered back opening the car door. On the car, Jieun asked, “Where are we going? How do you know that I’m here? What are you doing?” Jieun bombarded Baekhyun with endless question, but he ignored and drove her back to his house. “Why are you bringing me to your house?” Jieun asked as Baekhyun tightened his grip on her wrist hurting her during the process. “Baekhyun-ah, you are hurting me!” Jieun whined and Baekhyun finally let go of her after pulling her to his house.

‘What is he trying to do?’

‘Jieun-ah, I’m sorry, but this is my only choice!’

“Mom, dad, this is my girlfriend, the baby in her stomach is mine too,” Baekhyun announces as Jieun widen her eyes, “Uncle, auntie, no, he is not my boyfriend but the baby is his… It’s a complicated issue,” Jieun explained. “Will you marry me?” Baekhyun took out the ring from his pocket as proposed. Jieun took over the jewelry box and closed it, “No… Baekhyun, no….” Jieun answered, “Uncle, auntie, I’ll leave first,” Jieun said as Baekhyun grabbed her wrist, “Why? You are having my baby? Why don’t you marry me?” Baekhyun asked. “Baekhyun-ah, I really don’t know what you are thinking, appearing infront of Key’s house, pulling me to your car, announcing to your parents and proposing all of a sudden, I really don’t understand. I really don’t know.” Jieun answered.

Baekhyun started to become desperate, “I know I’m a jerk for hurting you over and over again, but I really love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Jieun is touched by what he said, but she still couldn’t confirm if what he said is with sincerity, “But I don’t want to, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Jieun replied betraying her heart. Seeing Baekhyun, hearing his voice and smelling his scent again is the happiest thing.

‘I lied once again.’

‘What you said isn’t true right?’

Baekhyun could feel his heart aching when he heard what Jieun said, “Is it because of Key that you rejected me?” He garner all his courage and asked, Jieun shook her head, “It’s not because of anyone, Key is just an older brother who took good care of me, right from the start when I’m pregnant, you have been hurting me over and over again, no doubt that I still love you but no, I won’t want to get hurt and getting all the pain again.” She said as Mr and Mrs Byun looked on.

Jieun turned to leave, instead of heading home, she went to the hospital to visit Luhan, when she entered his room, Luhan was sleeping, she walked quietly to Luhan, “Why didn’t you take good care of yourself?” Jieun mumbled. “Jieun-ah,” Luhan called out in his sleep surprising Jieun. “Silly boy, take care of yourself,” Jieun mumbled softly before leaving. In his sleep, Luhan could hear Jieun’s familiar voice but when he opened his eyes, the room is empty, “It’s just a dream…” Luhan murmured softly before sleeping again.

*****************

Double update!

I don't know why, but everytime I tend to make an angsty chapter whenever there is any interaction between the two main character. haha!

So maybe the next chapter will be titled 'Key's heartbreak'? haha!

OH MY GOD~ Byun Baekhyun, what are you trying to do?