Jealousy & Tension

My Baby's (Player) Father

Baekhyun woke up and find Jieun missing beside him, he let out a groan before heading to the toilet but she wasn’t in, he looked around the room and find that her personal belongings are still in the room. He opened the door and was greeted by the smell of food; his instinct tells him that she is in the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” He asked as he stood outside the kitchen looking at her preparing porridge, he knew the reason but he just want to hear it from her.

“I’m preparing porridge for Luhan and Sehun,” Jieun answered as she turned and see a pouting Baekhyun.

Jieun chuckled and put down the ladle walking towards Baekhyun, she pinched his cheeks, “So cute when you are jealous~,” she sang while giggling like a kid.

Baekhyun laughed along and cupped her cheeks before leaning in to kiss her forehead, “Yes yes yes, I’m jealous.”

“Go and wash up, your breakfast will be ready soon,” Jieun said while flicking his forehead on purpose before turning her attention back to the porridge.

Baekhyun came down shortly and saw his breakfast nicely placed at his seat, “Wow, what did my beautiful wife-to-be prepared?”

Jieun eyed Baekhyun before laughing, “Sausages, eggs and BACON,” she purposely emphasized the word ‘bacon’.

“Hurry come and have your breakfast, I need to bring the porridge down,” Jieun urged as she pointed at Baekhyun’s breakfast.

“Geez, impatient woman~” Baekhyun remarked jokingly before he saw Jieun’s piercing eyes, “Just joking,” he mumbled as he happily eat his breakfast.

-

Baekhyun and Jieun headed to the hospital after having their breakfast, Luhan and Sehun were just lazing around on their bed using their phone, “Hey, I’ve cooked porridge for the both of you,” Jieun beamed as she entered the room.

“Hyung, feed me,” Sehun begged as he can’t moved his neck comfortably yet.

Luhan and Jieun looked at Baekhyun who was about to grab a chair to rest, Baekhyun noticed and pointed at himself, “Me?” he asked.

Sehun laughed and said, “Isn’t it obvious, I can’t ask Luhan-hyung to feed me right? He is a patient himself and does Jieun looks like hyung?”

Jieun looked at Baekhyun with pleading eyes, “Please,” she mouthed as Baekhyun walked to Sehun unwillingly, “Sit up straight and open your mouth,” he ordered.

“I can do it myself,” Luhan said carefully as he twist open the bottle cap and help himself with the porridge.

“Just let me help you,” Jieun said but it sounded more like begging as she took over Luhan’s spoon.

She scooped a spoonful of porridge and blew it before feeding Luhan who was feeling awkward at their closeness, but their awkwardness was short-lived thanks to Sehun.

“Ah! Hyung, it’s hot!” Sehun cried out as he took a tissue to wipe off the excessive porridge on his mouth.

“Blow it then!” Baekhyun refuted as he scooped another spoon.

“Open your mouth,” Baekhyun ordered again and before Sehun had a chance to blow the porridge to cool it, Baekhyun had stuffed the burning hot porridge into his mouth again.

Luhan looked over and pitied Sehun, “Go over and help Sehun before he get burns,” Luhan said to Jieun who just nodded her head.

“I’ll take over from here,” Jieun said to Baekhyun as she laughed at Sehun’s suffering.

Baekhyun stood aside as he saw how Jieun took care of Sehun by blowing cold his porridge before feeding him, he folded his arms and commented, “Look at how she took care of you, she doesn’t even do this to me,” he ended with a pout.

“Hyung is jealous,” Sehun teased but he immediately stopped when he saw Baekhyun’s glare.

“Shut up and eat your porridge before I finished everything and leave you starving here!” Baekhyun threatened as he grabbed a seat near Luhan’s bed.

“Thank you for the porridge!” Sehun and Luhan said in unison after finishing the porridge prepared by Jieun.

Jieun smiled and said, “It’s alright, I had to cook anyway so I just prepared for the both of you too.”

“She just wanted to prepare for Luhan-hyung…” Baekhyun mumbled before he got elbowed in the stomach by Jieun who shot him a glare.

Luhan laughed and asked, “What did you say?”

“Ah, I’m just saying she had to prepare my breakfast today and she decided to prepare for the both of you too since we are coming over to visit you,” Baekhyun answered with a smile.

“Luhan-hyung, Sehunnie, rest well,” Baekhyun said before bidding them goodbye.

As Jieun and Baekhyun were heading to the lift lobby, Jieun questioned, “What was that for?” She was obviously a little offended by what he said.

Baekhyun placed his arms around Jieun’s shoulder and said, “I’m just joking, I’m sorry.”

Jieun looked at him and laughed dryly, “Ha ha ha, not funny.”

But she couldn’t get angry at him for long as he will put on his puppy face and pout while apologizing, “No more next time,” Jieun warned before laughing at his silliness.

-

One month later

Sehun’s neck had recovered a lot and he doesn’t need to wear neck brace anymore while Luhan is still the same, he still hasn’t regained his lost memory on Jieun and Jieun had slowly came to term that Luhan may never remember their past.

Jieun and Baekhyun are also busy with last minute preparation for their upcoming wedding as Baekhyun wanted Jieun to have a memorable wedding. But because the both of them wanted a perfect and memorable wedding, there are times when they argue over little stuffs. Even their parents and friends could notice the tension.

“I said I don’t want to hire singers for the wedding,” Jieun stated to Baekhyun who had wanted to hire singers to sing on their wedding day.

“Why not?” Baekhyun questioned as he thinks that it will be more romantic with singers singing romantic songs while they can slow dance to it.

“You can sing, Chen can sing, all your friends can sing, they can sing for us,” Jieun said matter-of-factly.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “Jieun, they are coming with me in the morning and they helped to attend to the guest in the afternoon, isn’t it too tired for them to sing at night?”

Jieun put her hands up and surrender, “Fine, just do whatever you want, I’m going to play with Yoogeun.”

It’s her way to avoid arguing with Baekhyun and Baekhyun had always tried to go with what she wanted and having singers to sing on his wedding day is his dream since he love music too.

Baekhyun looked at the list before hesitating to put a strike on ‘Hiring singers’, he sighed before striking it off the list, his dream is also for Jieun to enjoy on her wedding day and he definitely don’t want to spoil it.

The doorbell rang and Baekhyun went to open the door, “Oh, Key-hyung, hello Eunji,” he greeted restlessly as Key and Eunji came and noticed the house exceptionally quiet.

“Jieun is in Yoogeun’s room,” Baekhyun notified them while walking back to the living room to clear up the mess.

“I’ll talk to Baekhyun, you can go to Yoogeun’s room first,” Key said to Eunji who nodded her head.

Key walked to the living room and asked, “How’s the wedding preparation coming?”

“We sort of, argue again,” Baekhyun let out a sigh as he tells Key what had happened earlier, “Don’t worry, hyung will take care of this for you, I can get my friends to sing for your wedding,” Key said with a laugh.

Baekhyun widened his eyes upon hearing, “Really? Thank you, hyung!”

But he immediately drop his shoulder again, “I’m afraid that Jieun won’t like it.”

Key patted his shoulder and assured, “No worries, I’ll talk to her, and the both of you are really getting much more sensitive in terms of temperament as your wedding gets closer, try not to stress yourself too much.”

“Thank you hyung,” Baekhyun said with a smile.

-

“Yoogeun-ah,” Eunji called out as she entered the room to see Jieun sulking while Yoogeun played by himself.

Eunji walked over to Jieun and asked with concern, “Had a tiff again?”

Jieun looked at Eunji and nodded shyly and she too, like Baekhyun tells everything to Eunji, “Am I being too mean on him?” Jieun asked playing with her fingers.

“It will really be very tiring to have his friends sing at night especially that they will be out the whole day too,” Eunji explained while playing with Yoogeun.

They heard a faint knock on the door shortly, “Come in,” Jieun said.

Key came in and Jieun greeted, “Oh, Key-oppa.”

After hearing what Eunji said, Jieun said, “Why don’t you play with Yoogeun first?”

Jieun went to the living room and see Baekhyun doing the preparation alone, she went over and backhugged him, “I’m sorry,” she apologized, kissing his cheek.

“Key-hyung said that his friends could sing for us,” Baekhyun smiled and informed Jieun who beamed, “Really?”

Baekhyun nodded his head and smiled after seeing the happiness on Jieun’s face. He tucked a strand of hair to the back of her ears and said, “I can’t wait for our wedding day.”

Jieun answered shyly, “Me too.”

Baekhyun leaned in and kiss her lips, “I’m sorry too for arguing with you just now.”

Jieun shook her head and hugged him tightly.

******************

I'm sorry for not updating recently as my school had started and I'm a little busy. But i'm not abandoning this fiction of course! It just that the update will take a longer time than usual. This chapter seems more like a filler chapter? Haha, I don't know, but I'm sad to say, this fiction will be ending soon, in 2 chapters.

Just a little spoiler, next chapter will be the wedding chapter.

There's no plans for sequel currently but I'm currently planning a Luhan-centric fiction and his story will continue from here and Jieun will still playing a part in the fiction too. So it's better who those who planned to read that fiction to read this first to understand what had happened.

& Congratulation to EXO for winning Daesang for Golden Disk Award. (Although I'm so late in congratulating them.) Haha! It's better late than never right? 

Once again, thank you all my readers, my subbies, the people who upvotes, the people who comments, the people who pay interest in this story. I may not be a good writer but thank you for tolerating with my bad grammars for all of these 58 chapters so far. Thank you!

Love from Baekhyun~