Alone

My Baby's (Player) Father

*Vomiting sound*

The morning sickness is seriously killing Jieun; her morning sickness is getting worse and worse each day worrying the maid that was looking after her. “Are you okay, should I call madam?” The maid asked as she helped Jieun to her room. “N-No, I’ll be fine after resting for a while,” Jieun answered, popping down two pills to ease the morning sickness.

Back in Seoul, Baekhyun and Luhan never stopped looking for Jieun, Baekhyun acted as though he didn’t care when Luhan announced that Jieun had left to study overseas, he just did his own thing, but deep in his heart, he is thinking about you. “Have you ever loved her?” Luhan asked Baekhyun, something random during lunch. Baekhyun stopped eating and looked at Luhan, “No,” he lied before continuing his lunch. Sehun and the rest sensed that something wasn’t right, he quickly pulled Luhan away on the pretext that he wanted to get drinks from the vending machine. ‘Liar, Byun Baekhyun, you are a liar.’ Luhan screamed angrily mentally in his head, his fist punching the wall beside the vending machine surprising Sehun as well as the few girls queuing behind. Luhan’s fist flowing down with blood, it was painful, very painful but it wasn’t his fist that was painful but his heart.

--------------------------------

Jieun was woken up by the aroma of the spaghetti that was floating into her room, she went to the kitchen and smiled at the sight, “Oppa, why are you here?” Jieun asked standing at the entrance of the kitchen leaning against the wall.

“I heard from the maid that you are having serious morning sickness, are you feeling better now?” He asked, his face frowning as he observed her, it had been a month since she moved here and this 3 months pregnant lady in front of him is still so skinny, “Haven’t you been eating well?” He asked again waiting for her answer.

Jieun pouted and looked down, “Key oppa, I know that you are worried but I’m taking supplements and making sure that the baby is having enough nutrients too,” Jieun answered, fiddling with her shirt. Jieun looked at the shadow getting closer to her, “Is the creamy mushroom spaghetti alright for you?” Key asked bringing the plate of spaghetti close to her. Before Jieun could answer, her stomach rumble answering for her, Jieun smiled sheepishly as she followed Key to the dining table, he put the plate on her table as he watched her eating deliciously.

Key is Jieun’s next door neighbour, they became good friend within a week, Key knew that Jieun is pregnant but he never once asked who’s the father is, he really cherish this friend a lot, Key was born in Daegu but he moved to Seoul with his parents but he often get into fights in school, his parents had no choice but to send him back to Daegu where he lived with his grandmother, but his grandmother left him three months ago, he became anti-social after the death of his beloved grandmother, but he met Jieun when she was feeling sick one day on her way home. To his surprise, Jieun is her neighbour, he was about to leave when Jieun thanked him and wanted to treat him dinner as a gratitude for sending her home, Key was reluctant but Jieun persisted. She told Key why she was here and Key slowly opened up to her which came as a surprise to himself too.

“When is your next appointment?” Key asked, smiling at the sight of Jieun finishing up the whole plate of spaghetti. Jieun answered after finishing the last spoon of spaghetti, “Tomorrow.” Jieun was about to stand up and bring the plate to the kitchen when Key stood up and said, “Oppa will fetch you to the hospital tomorrow,” he then bring the plate to the kitchen and washed it for her. Jieun walked to the kitchen, “Oppa, you don’t have to actually, I can manage on my own,” she said tilting her head to the side, “It’s alright, I’m free the whole day tomorrow,” Key insisted, Jieun had no choice but to accept his offer to send her to the hospital, “Thank you oppa!” Jieun said as she gave Key a friendly hug.

--------------------------------

Baekhyun sat in his room; looking at the necklace he intended to give Jieun, ‘Jieun, are you living well alone?’ Baekhyun thought but he was soon disrupted by his mother who came into his room, he quickly put the necklace away and greeted, “Mom, what brings you here?” His mother looked at him and said, “Son, do you have any problems? You can always share it with us; I’ve noticed that you have lost the smile on your face.” ‘Smile… How am I going to smile when I’ve lost something important to me that I didn’t cherished…’ Baekhyun smiled and answered, “Nothing, I’m just stressed; I’ll be fine since school holiday is approaching soon.” His mother is still not convinced, “I saw you looking at the necklace just now, do you have a girlfriend?” His mother asked giving Baekhyun a shock, he blinked twice and nodded his head, “Ex-girlfriend to be exact,” he said, hugging his mother his mother was surprised when she felt her shirt getting wet, she pulled her son away and was shocked to see him crying, “Son, why are you crying?” She asked as she wiped the tears away from his face. Baekhyun didn’t answer but just hugged her and cried, ‘Mom, I’m missing her, she left me and I may never be able to see her again.’

Luhan never fail to try calling Jieun’s number, the number could get through but the line was never picked up. ‘Answer the phone… Lee Jieun, just answer the damn phone!’ Luhan shouted in his head, ‘The number you had dialed could not be reached, please try again later.’ He threw his phone on his bed in frustration, “AHHHHHH!!!!!” He shouted venting all his frustration out. His mother heard his anguish scream, “Son, are you alright?” she asked worryingly. Her eyes was brought to his bruised fist, she ran to him and held up his hand, “What happened? Why is it bruised?” she asked but Luhan didn’t answer and instead said, “Mom, is this how losing someone important feels?” His mother was confused, “What do you mean son?” Luhan looked blankly on the floor and answered, “Mom, I love this girl a lot, I never confess to her, I was waiting for the right time, but she left me before the right time came, I can’t find her now, mom, what am I supposed to do… My mind is in a mess because of her… I’m missing her so much now.”

--------------------------------

Jieun looked at her phone, as usual it was the number of missed calls from Luhan, and she didn’t pick up the phone not now. ‘Luhan, please don’t call again, please forgives me for being selfish…’ Everytime she’s inside the room alone, she will start thinking of her parents, Luhan… and Baekhyun. She knows that she shouldn’t be thinking of that jerk but she cannot forget him either. Tears streamed down her face as she cried on her pillow so that the maid won’t hear her crying. ‘I’m feeling very terrible now… but for the baby I have to endure…’ Jieun said to herself in her head.

‘Mom and dad how are you? Luhan, are you enjoying your life now? Baek-Baekhyun, I’m missing you so much, are you missing me…’ - Jieun

****************************

As promised, double post!

Thank you for the subscription and also the lovely comments.

And the new character is out and it's SHINee's Key!

Remember the hints I gave?

Same company as EXO and that story says that Jieun will be going to Daegu and Key was born in Daegu.

Each chapter is written on the day itself and every now and then I'm thinking of things to write, how the story should develop.

Thank you for liking this story, thank you for finding this story interesting. Hehe!

M - E - R - R - Y  C - H - R - I - S - T - M - A - S

Luhan... Your aegyo is.... unbelievable. HAHAH!!

Smiling Angel~