It's real

My Baby's (Player) Father

Baekhyun pinched his own cheeks to see if he is dreaming or if it’s real, ‘Ouch, it hurts so I’m not dreaming’, “You came here just to tell me you are declaring a war with me?” he asked furrowing his brows.

Luhan repeated again seeing Baekhyun isn’t taking him seriously, “Look! I’m serious; I’m going to declare a war with me!”

Baekhyun yawned and nodded his head, “So what’s the war?” as he scratched his head and then his arms while waiting for Luhan’s response.

“Jieun,” was all Luhan answered as he observed Baekhyun’s expression slowly changing and becoming serious.

There was a long silence between the two until Baekhyun responded, “What makes you think that Jieun will choose you and not me?”

“All you give is hurt to her, I admit that it’s difficult to get Jieun to fall for me in such a short time, but nothing is impossible, I will love her and protect her with my life, I will never give her any hurt, any pain, I will make her feels that I am reliable and won’t leave her or turn my back on her,” Luhan explained with so much sincerity that Baekhyun’s once curled up fist starts loosening.

Baekhyun laughed and nodded his head, “Why are you laughing? All that I’ve said is serious!” Luhan exclaimed shaking Baekhyun’s shoulder hard.

Baekhyun looked at him and said, “Look, you don’t have to declare a war with me, I’m out of this, I’m not fighting over Jieun with you, I’m more than happy to hand her over to you because I believe that she will be much more happy with you than me, like I said earlier on, I’m going overseas and won’t be back for a year or two and with you taking care of Jieun and Yoogeun, I’ll be able to work in peace overseas.”

‘This isn’t what I expected! This isn’t my plan, Baekhyun! I knew that you still love Jieun, why are you escaping!’

“You won’t regret your decision today?” Luhan asked frowning and Baekhyun just simply nodded, “Never, I trust you,” he said with a smile.

Luhan sighed dejectedly, “When are you leaving?”

“Tonight, but I hope you will keep my departure a secret, I don’t want the whole bunch of you coming to send me off, but I do need your help,” Baekhyun answered turning serious.

“What?” Luhan asked tilting his head.

Baekhyun smiled and hugged Luhan, “You are really my best brother! I knew that Yoogeun is staying with Jieun’s parents currently and they don’t know that I’ve broken up with her, but I want to see my son for the last time before I go overseas but at the same time I doesn’t want Jieun to know that I’m going overseas, maybe not now…” Baekhyun explained leading Luhan to sigh even deeper.

“Seriously, did I owe you anything in my past life to have to get involved in all these? Ah! BYUN BAEKHYUN!” Luhan screamed out all his frustrations before agreeing to help him.

-

Jieun sneaked out of Luhan’s house while the maids are busy doing their work, she feels so bad to add on the burden of the maid hence she decided to leave a note stating that she’s leaving. Nowhere to go, she decided to head back home to play with her son and hopefully to sort her feeling out at the same time.

“Luhan, what-,” Jieun called out when she saw Luhan going into her parents’ house but she became silent when both Luhan and Baekhyun turned their heads.

“Ah, Jieun, I thought Baekhyun said that you are out shopping with friends?” Mrs Lee croaked her head out and asked when she heard her daughter’s voice.

Jieun walked towards them and played along, “Ah, I was but in the end one of them couldn’t make it so we decided to cancel it,” she explained before turning to Baekhyun, “Why don’t we bring Yoogeun out instead?”

Mrs Lee nodded her head and added, “Good idea, Yoogeun had been crying for his parents every night.”

Luhan coughed a little and Baekhyun said, “Ah, good idea too, Ji-Jieun-ah, why don’t you collect some of Yoogeun’s stuff and Luhan go start the car and I’ll go pick Yoogeun up now.”

The car-ride was a quiet one with only Yoogeun blabbering to himself while Baekhyun just looked out of the window and Jieun just tending to Yoogeun, “So, where are we going?” Luhan asked trying to break the silence.

“What about the kids’ café?” Jieun suggested and Luhan agreed immediately, Luhan can play with Yoogeun while giving Baekhyun and Jieun time to sort things out.

‘Baekhyun-ah, Jieun is really your destiny, the both of you are fated to be together…’

-

Luhan carried Yoogeun to the kid’s playground while leaving Jieun and Baekhyun at the table, even though his feelings for Jieun is still there, but he knew that Baekhyun and Jieun are meant to be together.

The both of them sat silently at the table and just stir their coffee, Jieun bit her lips a little subconsciously and Baekhyun saw it, he got the urge to hug her and get back together with her. “I’m leaving tonight,” Baekhyun finally garner up all his courage and said to Jieun who just laugh coldly.

“That’s what you do best, I don’t think you will even let me know if we didn’t meet by chance today,” Jieun said, her tone sounding cold and her eyes is filled with coldness.

Baekhyun was slightly taken aback by her reply, “Yes, I’m always leaving without any notice, what about you, making decision without any notice?” He retorted back sarcastically.

“Fine, just go away and don’t ever come back!” Jieun shouted angrily leading to the people around their table to look towards them; Luhan heard the commotion and immediately raced over to them.

“What happened? Why are the both of you arguing?” Luhan questioned looking at them who refused to look at each other.

“We have nothing to talk, I’m going to play with Yoogeun now,” Baekhyun said, standing up and walked towards Yoogeun’s direction.

Jieun folded her arms as she looked at Baekhyun walking away, “I thought you could make him stay…” Luhan mumbled as Jieun darted her eyes at him, “You knew it too! You lied to me too!” Jieun stood up and cried out before running away.

Baekhyun looked up and saw Luhan still at the table while Jieun had ran out, “Yoogeun-ah, let’s go home,” he said as he carried Yoogeun to the table.

Luhan glared at Baekhyun, his fist curling into a ball as he began cracking his knuckles, “If you aren’t carrying Yoogeun, I swear I’m going to punch you in your face, Byun Baekhyun!” Luhan shouted before walking out of the café.

Baekhyun looked at Yoogeun who blinked so innocently at him, “I trust that you will take care of mummy for me right?” he whispered softly to Yoogeun who just chuckles happily.

**************

Thanks for commenting, subscribing and upvoting!

<3

I noticed something, Luhan is always the one standing by his pal's girlfriend

& he always doesn't get anything in return...

Luhan is just too kind, really!

Pabo Baekhyun who can't even drink properly

Kind Luhan when Baekhyun cracks his voice

Stupid boy and his light-switch dance. Why are you my bias... Why?!

Cos walking out is too mainstream for Luhan who wants something special - JUMPING OUT