Out First Date pt2

Damn You 'Badass' Pirates!

A/N: Woohoo! Second update this week!


 

You looked up at the grey sky, watching specs of white cascade down. You put your hand over U-kwon's face, pushing him away.

He gawked, "Ah! What the--?"

"U-kwon ,look! Snow!", You gestured to the sky.

You broke free from the hug ,and ran across the bridge. You stuck out your tongue, waiting for a snowflake to land in your mouth. U-kwon watched you look up at the sky ,as if you were a young child. He sauntered toward you until he was right behind you. Gently, he resting his arms at your waist and rested his head on one of your shoulders.

He smiled, "Happy first snow ,SooWoo."

"Happy first snow.", You looked back at him, happily. "You're covered in snowflakes.", you withheld a laugh.

He huffed, "Yea? Well so are you!", he picked the snow from your hair.

After attempting to remove the snowflake, U-kwon gave up. You laughed as you patted away the snowfall that was collecting on his head. Without a word, he took your hand ,and lead you toward the exit.

You almost lost your balance,"H-hey, where are we going now?"

"To get patgingsu.", you could hear the smile in his voice.

Your mouth was agape, "But it's freezing out!"

"I read somewhere that eating something cold on a cold day can warm you up.", he said, tugging you forward so that you both were walking side-by-side.

"Wow, I never took you for the type to do research. Much less read."

"Never underestimate me, m'lady.", He winked ,slinging an arm around you. You rolled your eyes as you both exit the pond. 

The walk to the nearest cafe was quiet ,but a comforting quiet. You enjoyed walking with U-kwon, holding his hand, and watching the world around you slowly become white from the snow. You and him walk into the cafe ,and decided to split a green tea-bingsu. You were about to hand the cashier the money for your half of patbingsu ,but U-kwon stopped you and handed the cashier the proper pay for the cold treat ,then walks off to find a seat. You tailed after him.

"Yah, U-kwon.", you caught up to him and pulled at his sleeve. "At least let me pay you for my half."

"That wouldn't be very chivalrous of me.",U-kwon stopped at a table near the window. He sat down ,and you sat at the see across from his.

"Because you being a sea robber just screams chivalrous. Just take my money.", You pushed the bills to him.

"SooWoo, really, it's my treat.", U-kwon held his ground.

Eventually, it became a game of back and forth with the currency. U-kwon noticed the waiter coming ,and flicked the bills towards you before the waiter set down the patbingsu. You squinted your eyes at him for a moment before stuffing the won back into your pocket. U-kwon grinned triumphatly. You both thanked the waiter.

You scraped off the top of the ice cream, and the spoon. You let the cold treat melt in your mouth.

"Mm. This is good.",You smile, trying to get a bit of everything from the bowl to your spoon.

U-kwon nodded in agreement while shoveling parts of the cold treat into his mouth. As you took your second spoonful, a question popped into your mind.

You looked up at the gunman, "What was your life like before you joined the crew?"

He finished swallowing and replied,"Why do you ask?"

"I just want to get to know you better.",you mixed parts of the shaved ice with the ice cream.

"Well it's nothing interesting. I grew up in a military family with my mom, dad, and younger brother. I was never really good at academics ,so I wanted to drop out. But my mom forced me to at least graduate with a high school diploma. Never went to college ,and I watched my little brother grow up to be my parents golden child. After a while, I got tired of constantly being called a disappointment ,so I just left. And now we're here.", U-kwon took another spoon of patbingsu. "Any more questions?"

"Weren't you ever worried about your little brother?"

"He was better off without me.", he picked at the edge of the bowl.

You decided not to press any further on that part of his past. You thought of how different your upbringing was compared to him. You laid your hand on his, trying your best to comfort him as you rubbed your thumb across his knuckles. The corners of U-kwon's lips quirked up from your gesture.

"What else did you want to know?", he asked quietly, changing the subject.

You took a big spoonful of lightly melted ice cream and condensed milk,"When did you meet the guys?"

U-kwon blew air into his cheeks, trying to remember,"I met them when i was... 16. Then offically joined the crew when i was 18 ,that was also around the time I learned to use a pistol."

You nodded your head, taking in the information. Then you asked,"How many girls have you dated before me?"

He cocked an eyebrow at you, smirking,"Hmmm, only a few who aren't worth remembering. Unlike you."

You rolled your eyes at his cheesiness, and flicked his thumb. By the end of your Q&A, you learn that U-kwon used to be in his dance club back in high school, like cats (you thought he looked like a cat himself), and can beatbox. Every so often he would bring up little things about his younger brother.

"My little brother and i look so similar. One time, during his first year in high school.",U-kwon tried to supress his bubbling laughter. "He was waiting for me at my locker ,and a few of my friends kept mistaking him for me. And being a little freshman, he was so scared and confused."

You covered your mouth, giggling,"Poor kid! Oh my god, what happened?"

"I showed up eventually, and for the rest of high school, we've been dubbed the nickname 'The kim twins'.",U-kwon chortled at the memory.

After finishing the patbingsu, and sharing a few stories with each other, U-kwon stood up.

"C'mon, let's head back.",He pulled down his sweater that ridded up ,then put his hand out for you to hold.

You nodded ,and took his hand and stood up. As you both left, you suddenly remembered something.

"U-kwon..",You said. "Before we go back to the ship, can we go somewhere?"

"Sure, where?", He looked over at you confused.

You tugged him down ,so you could whisper in his ear.

-------

You and U-kwon came back in the late evening ,exhausted. He sighed, "That took forever!"

"But, it was worth it.", You smiled tiredly.

"I hope.",U-kwon put his arm around your shoulder.

You looked down at the wooden boards of the dock,"Thank you for today."

"It was my pleasure.", He replied, warmly.

You looked down at the transparent ring wrapped around your ring finger. Then you bit your lip, and stopped walking. U-kwon's eyebrows knitted together. You awkwardly pulled his down to your height ,and kissed his cheek. Then quickly walked ahead of him. He looked shocked for a moment, before smiling and walking behind you.

"So this means you like me back ,right?", He called out.

"I wouldn't have agreed to this date if i didn't.", you heard him laugh behind you.

U-kwon looked over at the ship, then a worried expression crossed his face. You were about to step on the plank that connected the ship to the docks ,but U-kwon gripped your shoulder.

He whispered, "Hey, stop. Look at the ship."

You looked at the ship and back at him,"What about it? It looks fine to me."

He shook his head,"No, no. It's never this quiet at this time ,even if it is late in the evening. They would've waited until we got back to interrogate us about the date."

After a short pause , U-kwon frowned,"Something's off."

 


A/N: Uh-oh, what do you think happened? Is the crew just sleep or is U-kwon right about foul-play??

Also, to my fellow american subbies, happy thanksgiving! And just to all my readers, thank you for reading!

BTW, if you're an ARMY ,stan BTS ,or just want to hear new music, click the link below. For the next 20 hours, Bangtan is going to be pre-streaming their song "Ma City"! So hurry ! And feel free to fangirl with me in the comments~

v v v v v v v v v v

방탄소년단