Distance

Damn You 'Badass' Pirates!
Once Zico started to breath normally, he decided to walk back to the docks.

.

He thought,'When we were kids, those were the good old days. Then you entered high school. What did happen to you SungGyu-sshi?'

**FLASHBACK**

The time dated back to the second of March. It was early in the morning ,about 7:20 AM, when Zico and SungGyu stepped out of their homes. The duo was both dressed in their usually plain uniforms. The best friends met up with each other at the entrance gates of their homes.

"Good morning, SungGyu hyung~", Jiho chimed,"Are you ready for the first day of school? I sure am!"

SungGyu grinned nervously,"Morning Jiho, I'm sort of ready. Just really nervous."

Both young males started to walk off to the direction of their schools. JiHo tilted his head slightly,"Hm, why?"

"First year of high school.", the fifteen year old SungGyu answered,"New school, new classmates, new EVERYTHING!"

Thirteen year old Jiho replied,"Yeah, well what about me?! I'm still in middle school while you go off to high school! How am i going to survive middle school without you protecting me!", then pouted.

SungGyu chuckled and gave him a playful noogie,"You'll live, so quit with the drama queen act.", SungGyu looked up and smiled,"Looks like this is your stop."

Both young boys stop in their tracks infront of Jiho's middle school. Jiho fixed his backpack straps with a sigh.

SungGyu raised an eyebrow,"Well? Aren't you going in? This is your school.",he gestured towards the building before them.

Jiho blew air into his cheeks,"I'm going, I'm going... See you later hyung?"

"Yup, i'll be waiting at these gates right after school.",SungGyu promised,"So don't make me wait ,unless you wanna walk alone."

"Araso.",Jiho smiled ,then walked into the entrance of the school.

The middle scholar spun around and started to walk backwards. Jiho started to wave like a fool at his senior until he reached the school building. SungGyu laughed at his junior and waved back ,then walked off to his new school.

~~~~~

At the end of that day, SungGyu stayed true to his word, and was waiting at the entrance of his old middle school for Jiho. This routine of pick up and drop off went on for the next three months.

Around the beginning of June, SungGyu started showing up after school less and less. Jiho thought he was just busy with school ,so he didn't question it. And when Jiho actually did meet up with SungGyu, his senior wasn't acting his usual friendly attitude. SungGyu was being more and more distant ,like there was always something preoccupying his attention.

Just like SungGyu personality ,their friendship also took a turn for the worst. The tight bond they created years ago ,was crashing down on them in the form of awkward conversations and a distant friendship. Both the boys have realized that, but neither did a thing to fix it.

Until finally, Jiho decided not to put up with it anymore. He didn't want to lose his best friend just because they don't go to the same schools. So one day, he went to go investigate on his friends odd behavior ,and what Jiho finds out will shock him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hello there lovely readers! What did ya'll think of this update? I hope you liked it ,and just clear up a thing or two.

In Korea, school actually does start on or around March 2nd. Which is ,ironically, today. x3 I honestly didn't plan that. Just like the amount of chappies i created, it just .... happened! LOL (x

After the next chapter, I'm going back to the original plot. In case anybody wanted to know.

And lastly, i would like to say thank you's to

daehyunftw , kretzuu , ilovezelo10 , tokpopwithlove , Eunyun , and SiIver

for subscribing!! C:

Well .... 'til my next update, which will probably be next weekend, annyeong readers and have a good day or night! :3