Psych!

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

A few days later after telling Fiona about me being an SM trainee, Fiona decided to drag me off to see a psychic.

“Really? This is completely unnecessary.”

“You’re going on a path to fame, I want to know if it’s going to be good or not.”

We were outside of out the psychic place when an old man approached.

“Thank you,” the man grabbed my hand and shook it.

My eyebrows knitted together as I pulled my hand away from the man, “No prob…lem?”

“What was that about?” Fiona asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Come on, I booked a time with the psychic, we can’t be late.”

“If he was a psychic, he would know to wait up for us if we were.”

I looked at signs stuck on the window as I was being dragged inside. As soon as I entered, I was hit with beads hanging down from the doorframe.

“Really?” I said through my teeth.

I walked across the room and sat down next to Fiona.

“You’re really here to ask about the outing that you and Shrek going to have today aren’t you?”

“His name is Sam, Jenny.”

I laughed, “I know but your name is Fiona and his name starts with an ‘S’. I couldn’t help myself.”

Fiona nudged me and I almost fell of the chair, it was then when I heard breathing from the wall behind me. The cheat is trying to listen into our conversation. I pretended not to notice it but I am pretty sure that the psychic isn’t that divine after all. Not that I believed it before but now that I have something close to concrete, not believing isn’t that hard.

But just to make sure… I turned to Fiona and frowned.

“What’s wrong?”

“When I was in Korea… a friend of mine taught me some martial arts and I have a bruise on my arm… right where you pushed me.”

“Oh, really? Sorry… maybe the psychic can make it all better.”

“It’s not like they will know, it’s barely detectable. I will be really impressed if he mentions is.”

I heard footsteps from behind the wall fade away and on cue; the ‘psychic’ came out and introduced himself.

“Hello, I am George Hellius the Third, from a long line of psychics. Welcome.”

Fiona smiled as she approached the psychic and shook his hand; I was more reluctant to do so.

“Why don’t we all sit down here and I shall give you your reading.”

Fiona eagerly sat down opposite the psychic. I looked down at the wooden stool and saw a rise in the carpet, running from beneath the carpet leading to the foot of the psychic. I chuckled to myself quietly. Really? What kind of special effects is this man going to try and do?

“Jenny…” Fiona pulled me down to the wooden stool.

I remembered back to the signs that I looked at just before I was pulled into this place.

“George Hellius the third…75 years of experience…”

I crossed my arms on the table. Maybe I should dismiss the whole psychic thing so quickly… The ‘psychic’ had natural brown hair, toned arms and there was not enough wrinkles to say that he had 75 years of experience… I would say 35 years max.

The psychic was talking to Fiona when he slammed the table, “Someone here is in some kind of physical pain.”

Fiona looked at me in awe as she turned back to the psychic, “Mr Hellius, who is it?”

The psychic frowned as he raised his hand and moved it towards me, “Her. I sense your shoulder is injured but don’t worry, the spirits tell me that nothing will be wrong. Time will heal it.”

Oh really now? Doesn’t time heal almost everything?

Let’s do one more thing before I bust this guy for fraud. Time to bring up the cord. I pulled out my phone and dropped it onto the ground.

“Oh!” I bent over to get my phone and I raised the cloth covering the table which probably sent alarms going off in the psychic’s head because he pulled the cloth off me.

“Your phone is over there,” his eyes filled with concern.

I picked up my phone and sat back up, “Excuse me but I’m pretty sure you’re a fraud.”

“Wh-what?”

“I believe that you are not the real psychic here. The real psychic owns this place but has left, leaving you to fool people with you non-existent powers.”

The psychic gasped as he stood up, “I am so offended right now.”

He turned to Fiona, “Did you bring her here just to stir up trouble?”

If he was a psychic he would have saw it coming…

“Do you think that cord underneath your foot is fooling anyone? What does it do? Turns the lights on and off when you press it?”

I lifted cloth and pressed the button beside the man’s foot, suddenly all the lights started to flicker and the curtains flew up. I turned towards the man and shot him a glare.

“I saw the sign outside, unless you’ve discovered the elixir to immortality, you HAVE NOT had 75 years of experience but don’t worry, there’s always going to be some poor person who is going to fall for it.”

I clicked my tongue, “Just- just at least make your lie believable. Don’t make the cords stick up so much, clean up the window and please,” I put my hands together, “don’t make it so obvious that you’re eavesdropping in the room behind the waiting area, okay?”

I grabbed Fiona’s bag and pulled her outside.

“How the heck did you know that?”

I shrugged, “I’ve been watching a lot of crime shows lately.”

“I’d say. You were so cool in there.”

“Thank you.”

“Well, I guess I should go and get ready for my outing with Sam. I’ll get going now.”

“Yeah, bye.”

The old man from before approached me. Aish… why is this man approaching me.

“I know I said it before but thank you.”

I nodded my head, “I didn’t help you…”

“Well you did. That’s my store. That no-good grandson took over and has changed everything into a fraud.”

“Yeah?”

“You were the only one who has seen through that… I just wanted to thank you.”

“I am so sorry but I don’t believe in the whole psychic; supernatural thing and I watch the show ‘Supernatural’.”

“And they are quite precise.”

“Yeah, but I do, however, believe that you probably have amazing observations and analysing skills.”

The man smiled at me, “Then I guess with my great skills, I can tell you that you have been telling quite great scale lies.”

“But you have also lied before haven’t you?”

The man nodded, “That is true. But let’s just say that I do have powers beyond this realm, you wouldn’t mind if I cast a little spell on you?”

“As long as I don’t change physically then sure, why not?”

I might as well play along with the old man’s tricks.

“It’s been done.”

“Really? No chanting, no herbs, no dolls?”

The old man laughed in an amused manner, “No. Like you said, 75 years of experience. Those Winchester boys have got nothing on me.”

“Right, so may I ask what exactly you casted on me?”

“Sure, I made every lie that you said the truth. Every lie after that will also be the truth and it will only stop if you find someone to love you who knows about your lying ways and can accept it.”

I nodded my head. This man can’t be speaking the truth right? As if anyone has powers. Why don’t they use it for world peace or stop famine or cure cancer? What a bunch of baloney.

“I’m sorry, I should really get going. I have homework to do.”

“Yes… homework,” the man winked at me.

*You got a message! You got a message!*

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and there was an email notification from Fiona telling me about Maths homework. I looked up at the old man.

“There aren’t any serious repercussions to this are there?”

“So you’re turning into a believer now?”

The man turned around and walked away.

Must be a coincidence. No way is magic real.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~