What Is Happening?

I Lied That!

I got the idea of the drama from the real tv show 'Psych'. The idea is not mine. So I guess this is kind of like a disclaimer... yeah. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: “Psych” to be aired after “To The Beautiful You”

There has finally been news on the new SBS drama. “Psych” is about a high school girl with the ambition to become a detective like her father, honed with amazing observation skills and photographic memory accompanied with great detective skills taught to her by her father since she was a child. She frequently calls into the police station and gives them tips on crimes around Seoul. Many at the police station suspect that her father has been bringing home secret documents and those poses as a risk to the police department. To save her father’s job, she “confesses” to being a psychic. Despite her father’s objections, she joins the police department as a consultant. Along with her best friend, they follow her dad and solve crimes.

The leading lady is rumoured to be an SM trainee from Australia and the role of the best friend has been CONFIRMED to be B.A.P’s Zelo and VIXX’s Ken will be playing the role of a strict, by the book patrol officer. We wonder who this trainee can be… I guess we’ll just have to wait. The first script-reading session will be on the 6th of July.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I read the article and smiled. Whoa… the first- I mean, second article that I have been mentioned in. This is so awesome! I can’t believe that they’re actually writing an article with me in it. I’m a bit delayed in reading it because today is the day of the first script-reading session.

“You shouldn’t be reading those articles. People on the internet… they can be mean,” Kwangsoo warned me.

“I know, I’ve seen what they can do but as long as I don’t do anything wrong, there’s nothing to fear.”

“Yeah? Well the entertainment industry has its own set of rules.”

“The only set of rules I’m scared of are the ones my mum set,” I smiled.

Kwangsoo stared off into the distance, “My mother was-is a very strict woman.”

I smiled as I looked back down at iPad. I get to work with an idol!

“Stop smiling like that.”

I turned to Kwangsoo, “What?”

“You have that fangirl smile.”

I laughed, “What? What fangirl smile?”

Kwangsoo narrowed his eyes at me, “Jenny, I know a fangirl smile, it’s like a fanboy smile but more feminine.”

“What?” I laughed.

My phone went off and I looked at my phone and smiled.

-----------Phone call-----------

Me: Yellow!
Fiona: Yolo? (Stands for: You only live once)
Me: I believe in reincarnation. *laughs*
Fiona: *laughs* Me too… I guess it doesn’t work for us.
Me: Why are you calling me?
Fiona: I just wanted to say that there are rumours going around that there will be a maths competition thingy in August.
Me: Okay… but I have to film for my drama next week…
Fiona: I know and I just want to congratulate you! *squeals*
Me: *laughs* Thank you...
Fiona: Well I don’t know if there’s going to be a competition or not but it’s like in teams and there’s going to be a buzzer and a $100 gift card. Each. For the winning team.
Me: You have gotten me interested. Please go on.
Fiona: As I said, this isn’t concrete so don’t get too hyped up. Teams have four to five people. We’ll be tested in all topics of maths.
Me: Fun.
Fiona: It will be when I have the $100 gift card.

Kwangsoo: We‘re here, let’s go.

Fiona: All I understood was ‘let’s go’.
Me: God bless Korean dramas *laughs* Ah! Has anyone asked where I’ve been?
Fiona: Surprisingly, yes.
Me: *gasp* What is that supposed to me? *laughs*
Fiona: Like you said, I told them you were on holidays.
Me: Cool. Thank Fiona.
Fiona: I’ll get going now. BEST OF LUCK FOR THE DRAMA!
Me: Thank you!

------------End of phone call-------------

I hung up and put on the sunglasses, mask and hat before stepping out of the van. I found this really too much, why did the company have to go through such lengths?

“Are you ready for the lime light?” Kwangsoo asked me.

I puffed up my cheeks, “Sure. Why not?”

I hopped off the car and smiled before realising that my mouth and eyes have been covered. I carefully stayed behind Kwangsoo and the security team as we made our way into the building. Wow… my heart is beating so fast. The people shouting and taking pictures is really a hype… they’re like my hype-people. I feel so energetic!

We reached safe grounds inside the building and as planned, I took off my sunglasses only and there was so much shouting and screaming outside the building. I bowed and walked off before the crowd turned back to the road to welcome the cast member.

I jumped in excitement, “Oppa, this is daebak!”

“Tell me about it, they were waving at me.”

I patted Kwangsoo on the back, “Yes, you’re the true idol here.”

“Oh yeah. Swag,” Kwangsoo said in a cheesy manner before ‘strutting’ off.

“Mr Han please give me an autograph!” I said as I pulled out my phone and handed him the stylus.

Kwangsoo smiled as he ‘graciously’ signed my phone, “We probably have the best idol-manager relationship.”

“I think we have the best normal-weird relationship,” you said nonchalantly.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~Three days later~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

With two days of nothing to do, I decided to take up the offer of that maths competition. I could always ask Shin Ah to help me out with maths. She is the one that applied for Harvard and actually got in.

I signed into my Messenger on my iPad and went through the online contacts.

*Ding!*

Must be important… the smart guy never starts a conversation with me.

-----------Start of MSN conversation-------------

Mitchell: Hey Jenny, we have a maths comp.
Jenny: Yeah, I’ve heard. XD
Jenny: I’m guessing that you’re here to ask me to join your team?
Mitchell: Kinda… yh
Mitchell: But how are we going to do this? Aren’t you on holiday?
Jenny: Yeah but I will be back at the end of this month.
Jenny: Who else is in the group?
Mitchell: Riley and Sally.

Sally? Okay… I can be civil. I can be civil for $100

Mitchell: Ok. We’ll send you the questions.
Mitchell: You answer them and send them back to us.
Jenny: Is it okay if Fiona joins our group?
Mitchell: Not sure. I’ll ask the other guys. But I’m going to send you the email.
Jenny: Alrighty. Bye.
Mitchell: Cya.

------------End of MSN conversation-------------

I smiled to myself and turned to Tao.

“Hey, I just got to join the team of some very smart math-the-mah-thi-shion.” I did some hip-hop hand gestures, trying to imitate Kris in a fancam I saw on YouTube.

Tao laughed, “You do put your studies before coming to the land of awesome music, style and scenery.”

“Wow. Don’t quit your day job as a travel agent.”

I have somehow, surprisingly, gotten used to Tao. Kris has been a bit… absent lately. Oh what the heck, I’m not going to bother lying to myself. Kris has been straight out ignoring me. Using the excuse of running to not hang out with us.

~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the practise room with the rest of the EXO-M members when I saw Kris stretching. Whoa… his legs are so long… you could make a ladder out of them…

“Hey, you going for a run?” I asked.

Kris nodded, “Yeah. Going out for a little jog.”

“Someone as talkative as you is jogging alone?” Luhan joked.

Everyone laughed, including Kris but I noticed that it was his fanservice smile.

“Why aren’t you dragging Tao and Jenny along? You always run with them?” Lay asked.

Kris pulled out an earphone from his pocket, “I’m calling someone.”

~~~~~~~~~~End of flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So are these guys top of the class?”

I nodded my head, “Yeah, for maths. Socialising… not so much but somehow I got myself into their friend circle.”

“They aren’t the ‘cool’ kids?”

“I think their ability to remember Pi to a thousand places pretty cool.”

Tao nodded his head along with me. I nudged Tao, “Ah! Which reminds me, I should probably tell Fiona about this.”

------------Start of MSN conversation-----------

Jenny: Hello!
Fiona: Hey.
Jenny: What? No, ‘yellow!’?
Fiona: Sorry. I’ve been busy with the maths competition.
Jenny: Ah! I was just thinking about that! XD
Fiona: Yeah?
Jenny: Yepp. Mitchell and co. just asked me join their group. You wanna join too?
Fiona: About that… <.<
Jenny: You joined another group?
Fiona: I joined John’s group.
Jenny: John? As in juvenile John?
Fiona: Yeah.
Jenny: Fiona... he isn’t going to help you win that gift card.
Fiona: Doesn’t matter. Ditch the weird people and join John’s group.

Weird? Since when was it okay to diss people with ‘weird’?

Jenny: Fiona… I’m weird.
Fiona: Jenny.
Fiona: Sam is in that group. :D

Sam? She’s putting a boy before $100. A BOY. A boy who we don’t even know likes her or not…

Jenny: You can’t ditch me… =(
Fiona: Jenny… I don’t like working with boys.
Jenny: I’m going to be in the group too. =(
Fiona: I already agreed to John. You can always ditch them and join us! :D
Jenny: I already agreed to Mitchell.
Jenny: Sorry. I have to go. Bye!
Fiona: Bye~!

She wants popularity. She wants to hang out with more socially accepted people.

------------End of MSN conversation-------------

I let out a sigh as I tried to figure out what was going on. Fiona never showed signs of wanting to interact with John, let alone join his team… I put my head back onto the mirror and let out another sigh.

“Things didn’t go well?”

I wish I could lie and say yes but that would mean it would actually come true and that would be the biggest lie of all. Why is Fiona turning superficial and why is Kris turning super ninja, trying to avoid me?

My eyes water knowing that two support pillars of my life are slowly disappearing…

I turned to Tao and tried to dry the tears away by widening my eyes, “My two supposedly close friends are slowly turning into my two supposedly not-so-close friends.”

Tao pouted before putting his fists to his face, “Bbuing, bbuing.”

I put on a conserved smile as I did the same thing.

“Don’t worry, you have the rest of EXO,” Tao nudged me, “Let’s get you ready for your debut. We shall start off with… my personal favourite. Aegyo.”

I smiled, this time more genuinely but the thought of losing Kris and Fiona still lingered above my happy thoughts.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~