The MP3 Fan Initiation

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~A fan’s POV~~~~~

“Soo Jin-ah, you ready?” Hyo Jin asked me.

“Of course, I have been waiting for days for this,” I answered with a bright smile.

“Alpha is really daebak. They organised such a unique event. I can’t wait until we join their fanclub.”

“Yepp. I cannot wait until we go to their first fan meet.”

I looked down at my watch and smiled, “It’s almost 11am.”

“You’ve got your music player ready?”

I nodded my head and took out my phone, getting ready to play the mp3 file. I put on my earphones and looked around to see if anyone else was participating as well.

“Soo Jin, it’s time!” Hyo Jin nudged me.

“Eung.”

I looked around the park to see if anyone else was participating. Oh, I am so nervous yet so excited at the same time. We held up our phones and pressed play at exactly 11 o’clock while smiling widely at each other.

Anneonghaseyo fans of Alpha.

I squealed. I can’t believe it is starting.

Welcome to the Alpha’s MP3 fan initiation. My name is Mary and I will be your mysterious voice for today. It is very great to see all of you gather here today and participate. I hope you have all brought all the equipment listed.

I nodded my head.

How many other fans do you think are participating today? Scratch your head if you are participating. If you see someone else scratching their head, give them a wink.

I scratched my head hesitantly and looked over at Hyo Jin who was winking at boys who were scratching their heads as well. I looked around for other people scratching their heads and winked at them as they walked by.

Okay, now let’s high-five the people who are not participating in this. Let’s tell the public that Alpha fans are a friendly bunch. I’ll play some music while you go off and high five people.

I covered my face as I nervously went up to people and high-fived them. They seemed hesitant but as soon as they saw everyone else giving high-fives, they were more willing to join in. Some even took out cameras so I had to cover my face.

Let’s take out that stuffed toy that you packed earlier.

I quickly ped my bag and pulled out my pig-rabbit doll and waved it at Hyo Jin.

Don’t you think this toy is adorable? Isn’t it just so cute? It’s really cute huh? So cute that you would even slow dance with it.

What? Omo… this is so embarrassing… I looked around to see people dance with their toy so I decided to do it as well.

“This is actually quite fun,” Hyo Jin whispered to me.

“Eung,” I nodded my head.

Isn’t this just wonderful? Don’t you feel a romantic atmosphere?

The music changed and I paused to listen to the instructions.

Lets say goodbye to our toys and take out the rose that we have in our bags.

Ah… the rose. I had to take it from my dad’s garden; I hope he doesn’t notice…

Do you see someone by themselves? Let’s reinforce our friendliness by giving them this rose.

I saw a little girl looking at everyone and she scratched her head in confusion. She’s so cute! I walked up to her and bent my knees down to her level.

“Anneong! Here’s a rose for you.”

I handed her the rose and she slowly reached for it, “Kamsamhamnida.”

Hyo Jin being Hyo Jin gave it to a boy… aigoo…

Very nice, I see someone else feeling alone. If you look towards the big tree in the middle of the park, there is a lost tourist. He’s wearing a pair of red jeans, a green jacket and has a white bag. Let’s all make our way to him and help him out.

I linked arms with Hyo Jin and along with a lot of other people; we headed towards the ‘tourist’. The tourist was holding a gigantic map and kept flipping it back and forth, expecting for directions to just pop out of the page. By now, we were all crowding around him.

Have we all made our way there? The tourist is a big fan of Girls’ Generation and wants to see the SM building. Do you know where the SM building is? If you do, can you point in the direction of the SM building?

Of course I know where the SM building is. I always go there in hope to see SuJu oppas.

I pointed in the direction where the SM building was and other people followed along as well. The tourist smiled and nodded his head as he started walking in the direction that we were pointing.

Let’s follow the tourist shall we? Might as well help him get there.

We all followed behind the tourist when he started walking in slow motion.

Have you ever seen those videos on YouTube where everyone freezes at the same time? Why don’t we just walk in slow motion right now and when I say ‘freeze’, you will freeze in the spot that you are in.

I slowed down my movements and Hyo Jin giggled as she looked around to see people making dramatic facial expressions as if they are in a race.

FREEZE!

I immediately stopped moving and shifted my eyes at everyone else. Whoa, this is so cool! Almost everyone in the park has frozen in there spot. We stayed in this position for a while and it was so peaceful. In a place with a lot of people, it’s so quiet and peaceful. Alpha sure knows how to have fun.

Okay, it seems like the tourist is on the move but it seems like he’s not going in the direction to the SM building. Let’s follow him and make sure he gets to the SM building safely. Lets play some music by Alpha while we make our way there.

People unfroze themselves and we began walking. It was really strange the ‘tourist’ was walking in another direction. Some people started shouting out that he was going in the wrong direction but I decided to just follow him because there must have been a reason for him to walk that way.

“So many are doing this,” I heard this girl say to her friend.

“I know, I didn’t think there would be so many people attending this event.”

After walking for another 10 minutes, we arrived at another park and this one had a stage set up in the middle of it.

It must be a really cold day and yet here you are, participating in this MP3 experiment. Take out your ear muffs and put them on, let’s keep those ears warm.

Hyo Jin nudged me and handed me my ear muffs and I put them over my earphones. She said something to me but I couldn’t hear her. I shook my head.

“I can’t hear you!” I shouted out at her.

She shook her head and pointed to the ear muffs as she said something back to me.

I guess I’ll just have to just read her lips.

“I can’t hear you!” I read her lips. She was saying the same thing as I was. Whoa, these earmuffs are quite dangerous then, I can’t hear things.

Fans of Alpha, we are all gathered here in the union between Alpha and their fans. To celebrate this amazing day, let’s take out our streamers and party poppers. When I yell out ‘party’, everyone will point their party poppers up to the sky and pop them and throw the streamers. Don’t forget the streamers. And also, when I say ‘party’, take off your ear muffs.

I smiled mischievously as I took out the party poppers. This is so cool! It is like a party at the park. Daebak. I looked around at everyone and they were holding a lot of streamers in their hands, I looked down at my pile and pouted. Did I not have enough? So many people were taking photos of us… Kekeke, I just might be on the news. Thank goodness I put on make-up today.

Get ready… one… two… three… PARTY!

I pulled the string on the party popper and took off my ear muffs. As the loud noises of party poppers went off and streamers were flying everywhere, small fire displays went off on the stage and lights became directed on the centre of the stage.

“IT’S ALPHA!” I heard someone shout out.

Suddenly, a wave of fans squealing and shouting surrounded the stage.

“WAHH!!” I shouted out. I couldn’t help but scream as well. I cannot believe that I am just metres away from Alpha. This is so cool!

“Alpha is daebak!” Hyo Jin shouted out.

The members of Alpha all bowed in unison, “Anneonghaseyo, we are Alpha!”

The leader, Jenny, held up the mic, “Thank you so much for coming today! Alpha is really excited to see so many fans turn out for this event. It really means a lot that you guys put your faith into us or should be saying, Mary, and followed the instructions. As a reward, we will be holding Alpha’s first fan meet today!”

“Whoo!”

“We have this whole event on tape so we can bring this up every year and embarrass you guys,” said Sammy.

This group is awesome! I cannot wait until I join their fanclub!

“Aren’t you all curious as to who Mary was?” Ji Hae asked.

“Neh!” we all shouted out.

“Mary! Please come out!” said Jenny.

I gasped as I covered my mouth. Omo, omo, omo, omo!

“It’s Kris!”

I have been shipping EXO and ALPHA together so badly and this is not helping me!

“Anneonghaseyo everyone, I am EXO-M’s Kris and I was Mary’s voice.”

~~~~~End of fan’s POV~~~~~