Choose Your Own Ending.

I Lied That!

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I glanced around the roof top to see if there was any way to escape or run off to just in case the creep decides to throw needles at me again.

I observed the actions of the creep and noticed he had a bandaged around his left wrist. Okay, if he attacks, that’s where I’m aiming.

“So, do you have any last words to say before I get rid of you?” Fiona asked.

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips, “Do you have anything original to say or are you just taking all these lines out of the ‘Big Bad Villain’ handbook?”

I put my hand up, “Also, does anyone feel slightly annoyed that I have to switch between English and Korean to ensure that everyone understands everything?”

“Stop stalling time.”

The creep lunged towards me with his right hand raised above his head. I dodged to my right and grabbed his left arm and twisted it behind his back, pressing down on his wrist.

From memory, this guy will not be taken down without a fight. He swept his feet across mine and stumbled. As I was defending myself from the attacks from the creep, I kept glancing at Fiona to see what she was doing.

“Finding a good spot to watch the show, aye, Fiona?”

“I guess you could say that.”

I punched the creep and he fell backwards, rebounding off the wall and ending up on the ground. Huffing and puffing, I bent down and grabbed the creep by the collar.

“I’ll take you out again if you get up. Don’t you dare try-”

I heard the sound of someone being punched and I turned around to see Kris knocked on the floor. Seriously, this is getting very déjà vu-ish. Me fighting the bad guys while Kris gets knocked out cold.

 “Since when did you learn martial arts?”

“I used a spell ever since the news articles came out that you fought off the sasaeng fan with your own fists. I thought it might come in handy when it comes to me getting rid of you.”

I laughed in disbelief and nodded my head, “Yeah, you were right. I mean, wow! You knocked out a six feet man.”

“Anyways, I wasn’t bothered to do all the learning so I used magic.”

“About that…”

“I honestly don’t care Jenny. My one main motive today was to get rid of you. Since the stalker couldn’t get rid of you, I guess I have to do it myself.”

Fiona cracked her knuckles and I cringed, I hate the sound of knuckles cracking. I looked into Fiona’s eyes one last time and with no human left in her, I held my fists up and waited for Fiona to make a move.

“I believe defence is the best offence so…”

“Still cracking wise jokes at a time like this?”

I nodded my head, “Yepp, by the way, how long is Kris going to be knocked out for?! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!”

Fiona flew at me with punches coming from left, right and centre.

“I was kind of praying you were a tai chi kind of person!” I pushed her away and ran off the other side of the rooftop.

As I was running off, I felt Fiona’s pointy high heels jabbed into the side of my ribs. This is why I don’t like people wearing heels.

I slid on the ground and at times like this, I am so glad I always wear pants. However, I am pretty sure that something is broken.

I turned my head to see what Fiona was up to.

“Tao?”  

Tao was freaking Karate Kid-ing Fiona.

“What is this?! You shouldn’t be hitting a girl.”

“I only fight the bad people.”

I winced on the ground as I watched Tao. Why the heck is he up here for? Kris wouldn’t have called him along. Did he follow Kris up here?

“Jenny, are you okay?”

“I guess so.”

“Go check up on Kris. I’ll be fine here.”

I nodded my head and gritted my teeth together as I pushed myself off the ground and stood up.

“Yepp, something is definitely broken.”

I limped over to Kris and slapped his cheek, “Kris, are you okay? Wake up. Kris. Kris.”

I grabbed his wrist and felt for a pulse.

“Kris, wake up. You can’t be sleeping through this again. Kris.”

Kris slowly opened his eyes and I punched his arm.

“Ow! What was that for?”

“You got K.O-ed by Fiona.”

I heard looked over at Tao who seemed to be going okay against Fiona and I turned to check up on the creep when I noticed that the bandage on his left hand was gone. I looked over at his other hand which was holding a gun.

“Tao, no!” I heard Kris shout out.

Shaken but still brave enough, I ran over to the creep to kick the gun out of his hand when suddenly Tao tackled me and a gun shot went off.

My muscles tensed together as Tao and I fell to the ground and I felt Tao’s shirt become damp.

“Tao! Tao, talk to me. Tao, what day is it?”

Tao answered but his words were slurred and his eyes were closed. That creep shot Tao. He shot Tao.

My breathing became heavier and my nails dug into my palm as I eyed the creep. I took my hands off Tao and stood up.

The adrenaline must have kicked in because I jumped up and pulled the creep up by his collar before swinging a punch at his face. He fell down and I pulled him up again, this time hooking his jaw.

The creep was unconscious and I turned to Fiona. My nails dug deeper into my palm and with every step I took, I could feel my rid crack.

“IF I DON’T END YOU TODAY THEN I AM NOT JENNY NGUYEN!” I shouted out as I pushed Fiona.

“Have you ever heard that saying where I lose and you win? Yeah, me neither.”

I channelled all the energy I could and butterfly kicked Fiona, knocking her down to the ground. I grabbed Fiona arm and pulled her up for another.

“JENNY STOP!” Kris wrapped his arm around me.

I looked around the rooftop. Two people unconscious, one person shot. Tao got shot because of me. All because I went up here to talk to Fiona. What on earth was I thinking? What could I have possibly gotten out of the experience? I’m the one that turned Fiona into a monster… I’m the one that lied. It’s entirely fault… Mr Hellius would still be alive if it wasn’t for me.

I dragged my feet across the rooftop to Tao.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…”

“Jenny… I’m…”

“No you’re not and it’s all because of me, if you want to prove me wrong, you have to stay alive okay? Tao?”

My vision blurred and I closed my eyes.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I frowned as I sat up.

“Jenny, take it slow. You only just got better!” I heard Shin Ah’s voice.

“Unni, your mother is on the plane to Korea right now.”

“No, she’s not... So forget about it.” I lied, knowing well and truly that it was going to come true.

“Unni, you should be careful. Three of your ribs on your left have been broken.”

“I’m strong; it’s probably all healed by now,” I assured them.

“But that doesn’t matter right? Tao is okay yeah?” I asked.

Sammy nodded her head, “They just took him out of intensive care. He’s fine.”

I have to heal him but I can’t make it too suspicious…

“He’ll be back to being 100% in no more than a month. By the way, where is Kwangsoo oppa?”

Ji Hae widened her eyes, “He had to be taken back to the manager’s apartment because he was crying too much and disturbing the other patients.”

“Typical dramatic Kwangsoo…” I nodded.

I pulled away the covers and stepped out of the bed despite the many objections.

“If I’m not back in-”

“Hold up! Last time you said that, the police and ambulance are called,” Sammy grabbed my arm.

I smiled sheepishly, “Why don’t I promise this time that I am going to check up on Tao?”

I gave Shin Ah and Min Jung my puppy eyes and Min Jung was about to crack.

“Okay, unni,” Min Jung sighed, “Go.”

I smiled, “Thank you.”

I got out of my room and walked towards one of the nurses, “Excuse me, which room is Huang Zi Tao in?”

“Jenny-sshi, you have a few broken ribs, you shouldn’t be walking around.”

I grabbed the nurse’s arm and pleaded, “Please, I need to see if he’s okay.”

“Jenny-sshi, he is okay and you need to look after yourself.”

“Please…”

“He’s in room 3A.”

“Thank you.”

I walked towards Tao’s room and reached for the door but I stopped. All I could do was to look through the window. The other EXO members were there… how do I face them?

“Breaking news! Rookie artist, Fiona, from YG Entertainment and a convicted man have been arrested for assault, attempted murder; accessory to Alpha’s Shin Ah’s kidnapping and trespassing.”

Why did this get out? It wasn’t meant to get out. I turned to the nurse’s table and looked at the TV.

“Excuse me, can I watch as well?” I asked.

“Oh, neh.”

“Police arrived at the apartment complex of idols, ALPHA and EXO, at approximately 9:30PM to find EXO’s Huang Zi Tao and ALPHA’s Jenny Nguyen seriously injured and the convicted man unconscious.”

What is going on?

I mindlessly stared at the TV as I watched the footages of Fiona being taken out to the police car, handcuffed.

I know I said that I had to stay and fight for Kris but…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

To: Kris
From: Jenny

Meet me at the benches in front of the block of this hospital.

She shouldn’t be walking around. She should be resting.

To: Jenny
From: Kris

What are you doing outside? You should be in your room, resting. Stay where you are, I’m coming to get you.

I quickly ran outside to find Jenny and I saw her sitting on the bench with her legs up at her chest. She had broken ribs, how can she do that?

“What? No rooftop today?”

Jenny laughed softly, “It was locked.”

I sat down next to Jenny and she hugged her legs.

“Why’d you call me up here?”

Jenny smiled softly, almost a bittersweet smile. She must still be upset about what happened to Tao.

“Just wanted to know if Tao is okay…”

“You should go see him yourself,” I suggested.

Jenny shook her head, “I’d rather not.”

“He’s probably going to ask for you when he’s awake. You might as well be there.”

Jenny didn’t reply, she just sat there, hugging her legs. She closed her eyes and looked up.

“I went to room but I stood outside.”

“Huh?”

“I didn’t have the heart to go inside.”

Jenny’s eyes were red, tears were welling up.

“I caused this. All because I lied. I lied thinking that there would be no real repercussions.”

I  reached out and pulled Jenny in for a hug.

“Jenny, it’s alright. Tao is going to be okay.”

Jenny pushed my arms away, “Can you guarantee that? He got hit. What if it messed up one of his muscles? He might not be able to dance again and EXO has only debuted for a year.”

I didn’t know she was so beaten up about this.

“Can you do me more favour?” Jenny asked.

I put my hand out, ready to take the headphones. I knew for sure that she would be making these confessions.

Jenny smiled and handed me her headphones and phone.

“You know what to do.”

I nodded and put on the headphones. I know what I’m going to do next is going to break the non-existent rules that we had for this thing but I pretended to turn the music on but in actual fact is that I’m going to listen to what she’s going to say. I have to know what is killing her inside. I have to make her feel better.

“Go!” I shouted out.

Jenny looked into my eyes and she began to cry.

“I like these confessions… you don’t hear my problems but you seem to feel them and you don’t even know what they are. The anonymity of a stranger, the comfort of a friend… thank you Kris.”

Jenny took in a deep breath and continued, “I could see why we would be great together but… Before I knew about Fiona’s use of magic, I really thought that you and Fiona were together for real, happy and healthy together. You being in my life, even though it was the result of the Liar’s Charm, it was enough. These memories… I will never forget.”

Jenny leaned towards me and I closed my eyes. My heartbeat increased as I felt Jenny’s lips on mine. Jenny pulled away from me and took out the red pendant.

“None of this ever happened and we’re back in April 2010. No more lies will come true.”

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

Okay, so now you guys choose how it ends. Below are the links to the endings based on the choice that you make. 

If you do not want the Liar's Charm to work, click HERE.

If you want the Liar's Charm to work, click HERE.