Stages of lying.

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~~~~~6 months before EXO-M’s debut~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Fiona and I were getting off the train on our way to school when Fiona linked arms with me. This has been more often now that she knows that I’m an ‘SM Trainee’.

“Oh my gosh! You were totally right about the upcoming boy group from SM! And you said it months before it was on Kpopexpress!”

“Yeah? Kpopexpress just did an article on them?”

Fiona nodded happily, “I know! When I read it, I got such a shock because at first I doubted you, not a lot, but then I saw the article and I was like ‘yes! She’s really a trainee!’ and I was so happy.”

Doubting me? I guess that is reasonable because no one has ever seen me do anything where it would raise questions about my musical talents, if there were any.

“So which group is he going to be in? The Korean one? Or the Chinese one?”

Korean or Chinese? Hmm… Let’s see, the Korean one just might be all from Korea so there might be a language barrier. The Chinese one will definitely have one from either America or Canada… Chinese it is.

“He’s in the Chinese one.”

“What’s his name?”

I thought back to an article that I read about the upcoming group.

Name: Kevin Wu
Stage Name: Kris
Nationality: Chinese-Canadian

I laughed, “Funny thing is, he has the same name as Kevjumba.”

“Kevin Wu?! Really?! That makes him like the third Kevin Wu in K-Pop. That’s as bad as Kim Ki Bum.”

“That’s as bad as my name. There are way too many people with my name.”

“True. Not many with my name though…”

“Lucky.”

“So anyways, how old is he?”

Really? Why don’t you just stalk the guy? I don’t know!

“He’s older than me.”

Lie. I don’t know.

“Oooh, an oppa…” Fiona smiled to herself.

“Fiona, I am really sorry but I can’t answer any more questions… company policy.”

Fiona nodded her head in an understanding manner, “Yeah… okay. You’re right.”

We were walking when she suddenly squealed.

“What?”

“I just can’t wait for your friends to debut!”

Yeah, me too…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2 months before EXO-M’s debut~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: SM releases another EXO teaser.

                SM entertainment is releasing another teaser with another member, Kris. Kris is a Chinese-Canadian and has been training for about five years. Apparently blessed with good looks and amazing vocals, he is guaranteed to get fangirls and fanboys hyped up. Check out his teaser below with fellow member Kai.

Really?! Really? Kai again? I have nothing against Kai but this must be like the 25th teaser he has been in. The other guys need their spotlight too. Especially my ‘friend’, Kris. Let’s see what my friend looks like.

I played the video and even though the video has ended I was still staring at the laptop screen, replaying the teaser again and again. Why does my friend have to be so good looking?! How am I going to stop myself from fangirling over him? Oh, what the heck?!

I grabbed my pillow and dug my face into it. How am I going to not put him on my bias list? It’s not like I can fangirl with Fiona because I told her that I only think of Kris as a friend. Aigoo… I dug my face deeper into the pillow. I just want to die right now… He’s so good looking… what the heck?!

 Why didn’t I just keep my mouth shut? Why...? Why? I felt like crying. Great, being a fangirl when you don’t have money to buy their albums or merchandise, it is even worse when you can’t fangirl over them... Aw… what the heck… what have I done?

No Jenny, keep yourself together. You don’t have to be completely infatuated with him. Just think of him really as a friend. Think of him as one of the boys from school. Yeah… a guy in the school… who is so good looking that his presence at school is the only reason you want to go! Oh gosh…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EXO-M’s debut~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked past a group of year nine girls at school who were fangirling over the debut of EXO and I couldn’t help but smile. I have somehow managed to hone the power of controlling my fangirling ways which is quite amazing but I still smile sheepishly when I see Zico’s pictures.

“You must be so proud of them…”

 “Yeah, I am. They were a bit peeved off because it took so long but they’re finally here!” I celebrated.

“I know! And your friend, Kris is so good looking!”

I scrunched up my face, “I don’t think Kevin is that good looking…”

“Luhan is so hot!”

“What about Tao?”

“Edison’s okay…”

I decided to use their non-stage names to make it seem as if I’m closer to them. Don’t know if that’s true or not but if I were to choose between my stage name and my real name. I would choose my real name.

“You only see them as average looking because you’re their friend!” Fiona pushed me, “You lucky one.”

I laughed, “I’m actually MSN-ing them tonight; want to congratulate them on debuting.”

“Really?” Fiona giggled, “Then I guess I should tell you that Sam and I will be chatting tonight as well.”

There was no point in asking her how her relationship with Sam was going. Despite the fact that I have told her that I was a trainee and that I’m friends with some members of EXO, Fiona still manages to squish me with details of her and Sam.

“Well, lucky you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~2 months after EXO-M’s debut/Present time~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a while since EXO-M has debuted and it’s been about a month and a half since I’ve last talked to Fiona about them. I know, the lie has now become quite useless, Fiona is still going on and on about her love problems and I am still listening to her and giving her advice. But then again, we did just have our exams and a lot of assignments have been thrown our way so the only way she can stop stressing out is by ranting about her woeful worries to me. Maybe I should get her to worry about other things.

----------------Start of MSN conversation-----------------

Jenny: Hey high!
Fiona: hey low! what’s up?
Jenny: I just want to talk to someone… Kevin and Edison aren’t online and I can’t call them. ><
Fiona: aww what? I’m second choice to you? sad one…
Jenny: Aniya… you know I wouldn’t do that. You’re my best friend.
Fiona: hmph! fine. so what do you want to talk to my about.
Jenny: I just got an email from SM ent. and they want me to live over in Korea because they’re worried I might not have enough training experience over here in Australia.
Fiona: WHAT?! KO-RE-A?! As in the place with hanboks, kimchi, ddukboki and hot idols?!
Jenny: Ahahaha, yeah. As in the place that’s miles away from home and family and friends…
Fiona: I don’t want you to leave….=’(
Jenny: Well I don’t want to leave…
Fiona: NOO! YOU HAVE TO GO! YOU CAN’T JUST STAY HERE AND NOT LIVE OUT YOUR DREAMS.
Fiona: sorry. caps.
Jenny: Well there’s no other way, I still have to do the HSC… I can’t just leave Australia.
Fiona: No. No. No. you have to go to Korea. what has Kris and Tao said on the matter?
Jenny: They really want me to come. They said they missed me and it would be nice for me to go to Korea.
Fiona: then go! Oh my gosh! okay I have to go to bed now but we have to talk about this!

---------------End of MSN conversation---------------

So now that I have got her something else to worry about… life might just get more interesting.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~