TOO much love.

I Lied That!

~~~~~Fiona’s POV~~~~~

Title: ALPHA gains the attentions of netizens with their impressive first fan meet.

Alpha holds a unique and successful fan meeting. On the 22nd of August, to celebrate ALPHA’s three month debut anniversary, the members had a very special fan meet organised for their fans. Their unique and interactive idea raised excitement from fans. Masking it as just a ‘fan event  for fans’, a week earlier, ALPHA uploaded a mysterious mp3 file onto their fan café and invited fans to download it, where they were asked to not listen to the file until the 22nd of August at Yongsan park. On the day, fans played the mp3 file at exactly 11am and they were given a set of instructions by an omnipotent voice named Mary, who we later find out is none other than EXO-M’s Kris. Fans of over 1000 crowded the park and handed out roses to people, gave non-participators high-fives and even proceeded to help a ‘tourist’ out. Fans were then led to Dosan park where ALPHA had a surprise concert prepared for them. Fans were ecstatic to see ALPHA put in so much effort to surprise their fans.

Congratulations to ALPHA on their three month anniversary and successful debut.

~~~~~~~~~~

There were no articles like that when I had my first fan meet; there were no “congratulations” or “impressive”. Why hasn’t YG done anything to boost my popularity? I debuted before Jenny and yet her and her stupid group have gotten more attention. Did they just push aside my debut or something? I didn’t even get invited to participate in the Chuseok Idol sport championship, then again, neither did Jenny. But that didn’t matter; her group is getting a lot of attention.

Suddenly it hit me. Jenny cannot be getting this popular herself, didn’t that witch say something about someone on her side being more powerful than mine? I guess the tables have turned now ever since that old psychic has dropped dead. I should use my powers to take out any power from that side and while I’m at it, I’ll make sure that some fans will fall deeply in love with her group.

~~~~~End of Fiona’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

What the heck is going on? Why can’t I fix this?

“The microwave is working!”

Okay, let’s try it again. I put the meat pie into the microwave. Aww… man! I finally get some Aussie quality food and then the microwave decides to break down. Why aren’t my lies working?

“Jenny, give it a break. They’re just pies.”

I frowned, “They are not just pies, they are meat pies. It’s a pie but with meat inside it.”

Ji Hae stood in front of the microwave, “Unni, we can always eat it another time.”

I pouted as I despondently walked towards the fridge. Why the heck is the lie not working? I said that the microwave was working but it wasn’t. Is there something wrong with Mr Hellius’ charm? Did I finally find someone who loves me for my lying ways? No, that can’t be. No one knows about the lying and I am pretty sure no one has signed up for the position of my ‘lover for life’.

I put the meat pie into the freezer and my thoughts just kept coming back to the microwave.

Ji Hae nudged me, “Unni, let’s just go back to the living room. We still have a lot of presents to open.”

I nodded my head as I turned towards the microwave. Why didn’t the lie work? It wasn’t like I was overworking the lies. This is the first time I have lied since the ‘EXO-M’s Kris is my friend’ lie. What is going on? Could it be that the magic is gone because Mr Hellius is gone?

“Unni, today is the 15th of December 2012 and it’s going to be 2013 before you leave the microwave alone.”Ji Hae pushed me out to the living room.

“Wait. Let me check something in my room.”

Ji Hae nodded her head, “Don’t tell me you are going to be moping around because of the meat pie.”

I shook my head as I walked into my room and pulled out a photo album. Inside were the polaroids that Mr Hellius took. I swear there has to be something in here that will explain what is happening. For some reason, the fact that my lies weren’t coming true felt more like a problem than it did a solution. It doesn’t feel right. I flicked through the photos and I stopped at one of them. This one had Mr Hellius standing in front of his microwave. The screen on the microwave displayed the word ‘STOP’ and right above it was a digital 24 hour clock.

“Unni, come on!” Ji Hae popped her head into the room.

“I’ll be right out.”

I put the photos on my bed and walked out to the living room where my pile of gifts was left untouched since my meat-pie dilemma. I heard a small gasp from Shin Ah and I looked over at her to see her holding up a really creepy stuffed toy, what made it creepy were the words that were stitched on the stuffed toy. I looked around at the other members and they don’t seem to have noticed anything so I stealthily shifted over to Shin Ah, shielding the other members from the toy. I read the stitched on words.

You are mine forever. No one can tear us apart. Kang Shin Ah and Kim Yoo Jeong forever. I’ll come and sweep you off your feet.

“I would be lying if I told you not to worry about it. I know we promised not to throw out any presents from fans so we’ll just have to leave it behind all the other toys.

“I can’t believe they would do that to a stuffed toy…”

I pinched the stuffed toy, placed it inside its gift box and pushed it away.

“Just remember to never mention the toy on any show whatsoever. We don’t want them thinking you two have a connection or that you reached out to them.”

Shin Ah nodded her head, “And this is why you’re the leader.”

Shin Ah’s phone went off and she gave it an uneasy look.

“You aren’t going to check it out?” I asked.

She ignored eye contact with me, “Let’s just go through the other presents.”

I lowered my eyes down to the phone and saw that it was a message from an unknown number. Shin Ah quickly covered it with her hand, “Jenny ah…”

“The guy knows your phone number?”

“I don’t know how he knows.”

So that’s why she’s changed her numbers five times already. I thought she was just using my excuse that she finds the numbers unlucky.

“Unni, what does he usually text you?”

“He usually just hounds me on not texting him back. He texts me in the middle of the night asking how my day was. He even took photos from my phone once.”

Shin Ah’s eyes told me everything. I didn’t even have to question any further. I picked up Shin Ah’s phone and read the text.

To: Kang Shin Ah
From: unknown

Do you like the present I gave you? I stitched it all myself, it is soaked in my blood, sweat and tears.

Damn. This guy is creepy… How the heck is he getting Shin Ah’s phone number? I looked back down at the phone and went through the settings. Without any hesitation, I turned off the wifi and internet settings. I know for sure that the guy has hacked into the phone. So I guess this is what Mr Hellius means by me needing to bring back my computer wizard days. Thing is, I used to want to be a cyber investigator like the people on the drama ‘Phantom’ so yeah… I spent my preteen days working on computers and the internet.

“Unni, promise me you will never use the internet on your phone and this is the only time I would suggest this, but take out the batteries of your phone.”

Great, I can’t believe Shin Ah’s life is almost a living hell and my magic mojo is gone. I can’t even say ‘Shin Ah, you will no longer be troubled by this’.

“Unni, don’t worry. As the leader, I’m going to do something but lets just open other pleasant gifts first to get our minds off this.”

Shin Ah smiled at me, “You’re right.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~