Escape to Australia

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Anyways, the fun is in journey, not the destination. Unless you are holding a grudge against me and you actually want me in…”

I stopped talking and noticed that Kris was staring off somewhere. Okay, time for my exit.

I quickly turned around and ran for the stairs. I didn’t care that I was ready to say some very meaningful things with a dramatic voice and everything to distract Kris. I just wanted to escape that scenario. Why think about it if you don’t have to do it, right?

You’ve got a message! You’ve got a message!

I unlocked my phone and saw 28 messages and 38 missed calls from Kwangsoo oppa. Oh crap. That is worst than missing a call from my mum. Oh no.

I checked my messages and opened up the latest up.

To: Jenny
From: Kwangsoo oppa

Jenny! Why are you not picking up your phone?! Shouldn’t you have found it by now? Aigoo… I’m on holidays now. Enjoying the great Australian sun. Summer is daebak over here! All the wonderful women… When and if you ever get this message, I AM COMING HOME!

Ahahaha. He must be enjoying the great Aussie summer and I am here enjoying the great Korean winter.

You’ve got a message! You’ve got a message!

Oh! Another message from Kwangsoo oppa? No… it’s Shin Ah.

To: Jenny
From: Shin Ah unni.

Jenny ah, I’m coming home. Get ready to open the door for me.

Shin Ah is coming home? She’s only been at home for two days. Why the heck would she be coming back to the dorm so quickly? I continued walking down the stairs and I finally reached our floor. I stepped out to the corridor and I saw Shin Ah already standing outside the apartment, punching in our apartment code.

“Unni, why are you back?”

“I didn’t want to keep you alone.”

I could tell from her facial expressions that that was not the only reason she was back.

I opened the door for her and she pulled her luggage in. I closed the door behind her and gave her a stern look.

“Unni, come on. We are way past that now.”

Shin Ah bit her bottom lip, “Apparently that fan has got hold of our schedule and a few days before coming home, he went to my family and talked to them. He left presents and flowers at my house with creepy messages in them. My parents are genuinely thinking of moving houses. Thank god my little brother is studying aboard. He would have gone crazy.”

“That creep again? He’s making your life terrible in the real world as well?”

Unbelievable. If this guy does anything sketchy I am going to have to deal with him myself. Why did my magic have to stop working?

“Unni, let’s go to Australia. I’ll take my break now so then when it’s the Lunar New Year, I can be in Korea to work on our comeback album,” I suggested.

“We can’t just leave so suddenly.”

“What? I have things at home and you just need to bring t-shirts and shorts because it will be extremely hot in Australia.”

Shin Ah pursed her lips together.

“It’ll get you away from that… ‘fan’ and since this was quite spontaneous, he won’t know where we were until we come back.”

“But -”

“And you’ll get a tan that would make the SISTAR sunbaes look on with envy.”

Plus, while I’m in Australia, I can check out Mr Hellius store. I heard that his grandson is still keeping it which means he is still scamming people. Hopefully there will be some clues to help me.

“I really think you should rethink this…” Shin Ah pleaded.

-------------------12 hours later-----------------------------

“I cannot believe it.”

“What? That I could get us tickets around this time of year?” I smiled as grabbed my suitcase off the conveyor belt.

“That you actually convinced me to go to Australia.”

I looked over at Shin Ah with a mischievous look on my face and she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Don’t worry, I called Kwangsoo oppa and he’s picking us up from the airport.”

“It is so hot over here…”

Shin Ah pouted as she waited for her luggage to come through the conveyor belt.

“You can finally relax. You are in Australia, my turf. That creep can’t hurt you. Plus, I am the leader of ALPHA, you should listen to me.”

Shin Ah laughed, “Neh~ Leader-nim.”

“That’s the spirit, unni!”

“Just one more thing.”

“What?”

“Where on these sunglasses so that we will be leaving here in true airport fashion style.”

“Aye… it is going to be 2013 in two hours. I don’t think sunnies are necessary.”

I looked down at my clothes, they weren’t exactly airport fashion but they were ‘hey, I was on a ten hour flight, give me a break’ fashion. I know fans expect us to look good at all times but I am pretty sure that appearing on variety shows would have given them a clue that even if we did, they would only remember the weird things we did on those shows.

I’ve read those posts on Tumblr. I saw that SM derpface ‘appreciation’ post. Those posts completely ruin the ‘cool’ image we have made for ourselves. I guess I am not the only one with great technical skills because fans, fans have amazing timing. Like, I have seen them screen cap things that went by in less than one second. And their photo-shopping skills… I feel bad for EXO… yet I am very amused at the same time.

“Why are you laughing to yourself?” Shin Ah asked me.

“What? I laughed?”

“I’ve got my bag, let’s go.”

We walked out of the gates and looked around for Kwangsoo.

“Jenny ah!” I saw Kwangsoo power walking towards us with his legs far apart.

He had the worst tan and sunburn in the world. His skin was so red that it looked like he was auditioning for the role of Elmo on Sesame Street. The only part of him that was white was in the shape of a pair of sunnies on his face.

“Close your mouth,” Shin Ah nudged me.

Kwangsoo finally reached us and my mouth was still opened from the shock of seeing Kwangsoo.

“Oppa… are you okay?” Shin Ah asked, concerned.

A laughed escaped from my mouth, “Did you fall asleep on the beach?”

Kwangsoo looked at me dead straight in the eyes, “Yes and this rude lady woke me up by hitting my sunburnt skin.”

“Aww… poor Kwangsoo oppa… come on, let’s get you home and get that sunburn treated.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~