Presents & Letters

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Sammy was leaning on me as we waited for Shin Ah to open the door to our apartment.

“You girls get your rest, don’t go opening the fan mail, we’ve got a big day-”

“We got fan mail?!” So Yeon’s eyes lit up.

Shin Ah’s manager rolled his eyes as he turned to So Yeon’s manager, “And this is why we should have kept it in the van until tomorrow.”

The other managers including my drama fanatic manager stepped into their apartment, walked into their apartment. That’s right. All our managers are dorm-ing together. Like an idol group dorm-ing together. They call it “convenience”, we call it “ahjusshi-band”. 26 to 32 year old men dorm-ing together.

“So remember, we are right next door if you need us. I heard from security that there were a few fans showing up at the doors,” said Shin Ah’s manager, “Be careful.”

 “Neh oppa,” we bowed as we walked into our apartment.

I walked in to see a large pile of wrapped gifts and bags smack bang in the middle of our living room. All organised for each individual members with a few for the group as a whole.

“Whoa… this is daebak!” said Sammy as she began unwrapping her presents.

“We’ve debuted for only two months and yet we’re getting so much fan love,” So Yeon smiled.

“Unni, that is because of your fanservice,” said Ji Hae.

I walked up to my pile and picked up a box and tore off the gift wrap. Oh! A remote controlled truck? With a note?

Hello Jenny!

I heard that you were a fellow lazy person like me! I bought you this so that you can now drive the truck to get things from the members, especially the remote!

P.S. MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE REMOTE NEAR YOU!

AHAHAHA! That’s awesome! I put the battery into the truck and remote and decided to test it out. I drove the truck to Sammy and it hit her foot.

“Sammy unni, unni, unni.”

“What?”

“Can you put the TV remote into the truck?” I grinned.

“Whoa, your fan bought you this?”

“Eung.”

“Well my fan bought me some AC/DC posters,” Sammy smiled widely.

I looked over at So Yeon who had an uncomfortable look on her face.

“Unni, what’s wrong?”

So Yeon raised her eyebrows in a sad manner.

“Jenny ah… mianhae… I-I-I accidently…” she held out my phone, “I accidently read your text message…”

“Unni, it’s okay.”

So Yeon shook her head, “No… you should… you should read it…”

Ji Hae leaned over to have a look at the text. I put the phone in between us and read the text.

To: Jenny
From: Mum.

Jenny we tried to call you but it seems like you have been too busy. I have terrible news, you know Mr Hellius

No. Please don’t let me be right…

… you know Mr Hellius, he has unfortunately passed away.

“Jenny unni, are you okay?” Ji Hae put her arm around me and rubbed my arm.

Mr Hellius is gone? Why? Why? He was healthy. How can… it was just two months… how can this happen? Why did I only know this now?

“Jenny ah, mianhae… we all got our phones back today and you were at the press conference and then we had to go on Music Core… Mianhae…”

No Jenny. Don’t cry… don’t cry… Mr Hellius wouldn’t want you to cry… don’t cry…

“I’m okay… Just need some time to… um… get myself together…”

“Jenny, there’s something from Mr Hel…li…us?”

“Really?”

Sammy handed me a box and I put my hand on top of it. So I’m guessing he saw this coming… why didn’t he tell me before? Can I just lie and say that he is alive so that he would come back?

Why didn’t he give me some kind of warning? I could have coped with it. I wouldn’t be all clingy. I wouldn’t have been overbearing. I wouldn’t have made him uncomfortable. I would have been fine. He didn’t have to hide it. Why did he hide it?

I pulled the box closer to myself and stood up, “Um… I’m-I’m just going to go… take a little breather on the balcony.”

“Yeah, just don’t stay out there for long. You need your rest,” Shin Ah patted me on the back.

So Yeon gave me a bear hug, “If you ever need to talk. Unni is here.”

I stepped out to the balcony and sat down on the chair, placing the box on the table. I wiped away the tears from my eyes and rubbed my hands together.

Should I open it? I should go to sleep. But I know I won’t sleep if I don’t open it. Aww heck lets just open it.

I exhaled quickly and my hands hovered over the box. I lifted the lid of the box and saw some polaroids.

Mr Hellius conforming to the craze nowadays… I saw a letter stuck to the bottom of the lid.

Hello Jenny. If you are reading this then it is obvious what has happened to me. Don’t worry, it was a quick death. That darn witch, took me out when I least expected it. Isn’t that funny? I am a psychic and yet I will not know when I die… Of course, there is no need to avenge my death. Fate will play out so don’t worry. Unfortunately, I was unable to help you solve your little mystery. I know who is behind it but I cannot tell you because it is not my right to tell you. You must figure it out yourself, it’s a journey and sometimes it will hard. All I can say is sorry. I should not have put that charm on you. Your life would have been easier. I am truly sorry… please just live happily.

You saw the photos didn’t you? I saw an old polaroid camera in my garage and thought that I was use it. Can you believe that it still works after 40 years? Well I guess you can since you now believe in magic.

Mr Hellius… still cracking jokes...

I do not know why I have taken them. I just had a feeling that I needed to; they are for you to figure out. Some of those photos are just silly; I do not even know why I took them. You take a photo and that’s it. You can’t erase it, it is there forever. I do not understand why kids nowadays want to buy a polaroid camera. Please have a look through the photos and try to figure out who is behind this. There are apparently clues in them but I cannot divine what they are. Also, the placed a pendant underneath the photos and please make sure to keep it safe. DO NOT give it to anyone. Especially to a lady with thin wavy black hair and a husky high-pitched voice.

Why does that description find so familiar? Oh! The lady at the airport! The pendant she was wearing… the one I couldn’t take my eyes off…

I dug into the box and saw the pendant. It wasn’t glowing as much as it did on the day. So is this something magic related? Is she the witch? I picked up the lid of the box and continued reading the letter.

This goodbye letter shall end here. Don’t mourn my death; celebrate the life that I had. Good bye Jenny and solve this case like the Winchester boys. Just remember, you WILL need to you bring back your computer wizard days. Yes, Jenny, I know that.

Wait whut? He knows? Bloody psychics… Ahahaha. Still making me laugh when he’s six feet under. Aw… he remembers that I love watching ‘Supernatural’… This is such a bittersweet moment… I wished I could have at least said goodbye in person or stopped the witch from killing him.

I let out a sigh as I looked up at the sky, I couldn’t see any stars because of the street lights but for some reason, the glowing street lights of Seoul mixing with the night sky made me calm. I am going to do this for Mr Hellius. I don’t care about losing Kris. We were never friends in the first place; it wasn’t like I got to know him on a very personal level. I just knew him on a very… creep… fangirl… level…

I looked down at the photos that Mr Hellius took. I guess he was having fun taking selcas because a majority of the photos had him in it. No point analysing these photos when I’m tired. I should probably just get to bed. I put the pendant into my pocket. No way was I going to put that around my neck. I am not risking it. That creepy lady at the airport when I was returning to Korea was wearing it around her neck and if she’s the witch that Mr Hellius was talking about, then this pendant is up to no good.

I packed up the box and walked back into the apartment.

Mr Hellius, I hope you’re having a safe trip up to heaven…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~