I Divine a 'Three'...

I Lied That!

 

---------------------------10th of February-----------------------------

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Today is the Lunar New Year so we were allowed to get the day off. Woot! Come to think of it, the company is killing us with packed schedules. One variety show after another plus our promotions… so this is what fans mean when companies overwork their artists… it’s not really a horrible thing, we want to get closer to fans, through variety shows and we don’t them to forget us. Just because we’re in SM doesn’t mean we won’t be forgotten…

I was on my way to cross the street to get to the temple when I saw a long line of people lining in front of a shaman. After knowing Mr Hellius, I think I can be a little less sceptical about shamans. I decided to line up.

Hopefully, they’ll tell me good news. I looked at the sign. 20 000W for a palm reading, well that’s some good news right there. It’s cheap.

I know it’s hopeful thinking but I want our group to win first place on a music show and also, to get rid of that sasaeng fan. Seriously, it’s crazy now. The presents are getting more… organic if you know what I mean. As in he has sent in a small jar of blood before.

It was my turn and I bowed to the shaman.

“Please, sit down.”

“Neh.”

“What would you like to know today?”

“I would like to know any important events in my future.”

The monk looked down and the table and reached his hands out. I hesitantly put my hand out and he grabbed it and read my palm. Fans were going mad as they took photos with their phones. What was so important about that that fans had take photos of it?

“Important things, good and bad, happen in threes.”

I nodded my head.

“So far two good and bad things have happened. Both bad times you lost something. The third bad one will be coming very soon. I would say it is right at the heel of your foot.”

First time I lost a friend and second time I lost my magic…

“Is it really bad? The third one?”

“The consequences will affect many. There will be new rules.”

What does that mean? Are new laws being made? Are fans not going to like our comeback?

“What is the third good one?”

“It’ll come after the bad one.”

Well I guess that’s good… I’d rather the bad event happen first.

“You’ll also be married before you are 30,” the shaman chuckled.

“What is it?”

“The number three must have a great significance with you because you’ll be blessed with three kids.”

“Three?!”

Is that what Mr Hellius meant when he divined the number 3? Three children?! Aw man… I feel bad for my husband…

“Um… thank you for the reading.” I took out 20 000W from my pocket and handed it to the shaman.

I crossed the street and I couldn’t help but think about the third bad event. He said it was soon… How far away is it if it’s at the heel of my foot? What does that even mean? Why do people with supernatural powers have to be so mysterious?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

Today I went to the temple with Fiona and as I walked outside of the temple, I noticed that the line for the fortune teller was still quite long, shorter than when I got here but still long. Is the person really good then? I crossed the road and lined up. 20 000W for a reading. That’s cheap.

I finally reached the fortune teller and I bowed to him.

“Please, sit down.”

I obediently sat down opposite him and showed him my palms.

“I can’t believe this…” he laughed.

“What is it?”

“Just a few hours ago, I just read the palm of your future wife.”

What? No way. My wife? My future wife? What?

I looked around but the thought of my future wife being here was ridiculous.

“I told her that the number three was very significant in her life and I guess you too because believe it or not, you’ll be having triplets with her.”

“TRIPLETS?!” I asked in a loud whisper.

Triplets? Holy – oh dear lord… three babies… all at the one time? My poor wife…

“When will I get married?”

“You? After 30?”

I guess that is reasonable age to get married… don’t want to get married too young.

“How old is my future wife now?”

“She’s born in the year of the rat.”

“1984?”

I’m marrying an older woman?

“1996.”

That’s really young… that’s the year Fiona is born in. Fiona is the only person who would see a shaman who is born in 1996. Fiona has three syllables in her name. That’s significant…

Is Fiona my future wife?

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

~~~~~Fiona’s POV~~~~~

I pulled my hat down as Kris quickly walked away from the shaman and back inside the temple.

His future wife is born in 1996? Well that’s the year I was born in. How coincidental that that I overheard the conversation right then and there. Kris is probably going to start asking questions about me. I have to make sure that I tick all the things that the shaman could have possible said. I approached the shaman and sat down in front of him.

“What did you just tell him?”

The shaman scoffed, “It’s his business.”

“Oh, don’t give me a life lesson about confidentiality. What did you tell me?”

“Miss, I have not seen your eyes, I have not seen your palms, I have not even begun talking to the spirits and I already know that you will not live happily ever after.”

Urgh. He’s not going to give me anything. I guess I’ll just have to find it out for myself. I took out my red pendant from underneath my shirt.

“What did you just tell him?”

“He will marry someone born in 1996; he’ll have triplets, his wife has seen me earlier,” he answered obediently.

“What does she look like?”

“She’s not Korean. She has long hair and-”

She’s Jenny… I don’t even have to second guess it. That girl is Jenny. Jenny is going to marry Kris? I can always change that...

I pushed the table back and stood up before making my way back to the temple.

“Hey! Fiona!” Kris ran up to me.

“Hey Kris!”

“Where were you?”

I laughed, “I was looking for you.”

“Oh that’s good”, Kris smiled at me.

“Why?” I widened my eyes and tilted my head in a cute manner.

Kris knitted his eyebrows together before pointing out to the shaman, “Hey, did you go… by any chance… get your fortune told?”

Time to fake it…

“I did… why?”

“You did?! What did he say?!” Kris put his hand on my shoulder, as if he was interrogating me.

“I was… he said that I would get married young and… I’ll have three kids…”

Kris’ eyes widened and I knew for sure that I had succeeded in tricking Kris. I’d like to see Jenny get Kris now. I took him as a best friend and now I’ll take him as her husband.

Kris was smiling at me and it was really weird because his mouth looked… strange. I liked it better when he had a serious look on his face. Although I have succeeded in getting Kris to go all googly eyes to me, I haven’t completely gotten him to fall for me. I could use black magic but I know that Jenny and her goody-goody side will probably break it. Those two bicker and that will eventually turn into something. Now I just need to win him over, make him fall in love with me, get him wrapped around my finger.

To do that, I have to get rid of Jenny… and I have the perfect way. After recording for that ‘Show Me the Money’ show with Jenny, I’m going to not give her any more chances. I will make that fan make her life hell. It is time to break Jenny Nguyen. Lets see how ‘alpha’ you can be after I kick you to the bottom.

~~~~~End of Fiona’s POV~~~~~