Maybe Next Time.

I Lied That!

 

Sorry guys! Fiona still seems to have control of the comments section. Jenny is still working on it so... let's all pray that she fixes it soon! Oh! And please vote for ALPHA's fanclub name if you already haven't done so... it's right HERE. Okay, bye!

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I closed the door behind me quietly and my legs gave way. I slid down to the ground. I couldn’t believe what just happened. I genuinely thought that I could get her. I thought I was ahead… What was thinking? Just because I know how to hack a few computers, remember a few things and observe a few small things, it doesn’t mean that I’m a few steps ahead.  

I couldn’t comprehend what had just happened. What the hell just happened?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

“I hope you’ll support us, Jenny.”

Remembering her facial expression, it felt like she was super uncomfortable with it. Maybe it was just the cold. Jenny’s nose has always gets a bit red in the cold anyways. Why am I thinking about this now?

And why on earth am I reading this? I stretched out my arms and closed the book.

Magic beyond the illusions.

I scoffed; I can’t believe I am actually reading it. It took me a month to get into it but since Jenny mentioned it and Fiona suggested this book to me, I am going to read it. Most of this stuff is so… weird. Like, what is this supposed to mean?

Witches are not born with their powers but rather learn them, while many turn to black magic as their source of power, not all go down that path opting for white magic.

What is that supposed to mean? Black magic? White magic? Why not just grey magic? Like what is this supposed to mean?

However, both kinds of magic will require the use of a pendant.

A pendant? What the… this is so funny. I flipped the page and got a look at the pendant.

“Whoa… it’s so red…”

-----------Flash back-----------

As Jenny hand moved away from her face, not only was her nose red but so were her eyes.

She cleared and I don’t know if there was something important in the grass because she kept looking down.

“Um… I should get going.”

She slouched as she walked away. Jenny never slouches… Is she upset or something? What was Fiona and Jenny talking about before I came?

I hope everything is okay with Jenny.

-----------End of flash back----------

I sat up from my bed and walked to Tao’s room.

“Hey Tao, what’s Jenny’s number?”

“Why?” Tao frowned, “You and Jenny aren’t exactly best buds.”

“She-she-she recommended a book to me – and I – um… I wanted to… thank her?” I stuttered.

“Urgh… okay.”

Tao handed me his phone and I searched for Jenny’s name.

“What did you save her name after?”

Tao chuckled and took his phone back.

“I have her under Koala Bear,” said Tao as he handed his phone back to me.

“Koala Bear? What? You guys have nicknames for each other?” I laughed.

“And I am Panda Bear,” Tao said in a matter-of-fact manner.

Psh… these two giving each other a nickname.

I copied Jenny’s number into my phone and handed Tao’s phone back to him. Hm… I guess I’ll have to give her a nickname too then.

To: Bashful
From: Kris

Meet me at on the rooftop.

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I stared at my phone and my grip tightened around it. What am I doing? The guy has a girlfriend for goodness’ sake. Not a good one, but still a girlfriend.

Even though the number came up as unknown, it didn’t take long for me to trace it back to him. Maybe it’s the others who just borrowed his phone.

I convinced myself to walk up the next few steps to the rooftop. Yeah, it’s “definitely” another member.

The thing with Kris being mysterious is that he’s not; he literally stands out so much. I can’t even get him confused with another member.

“Hey Jenny.”

“Hey.”

“You don’t seem surprised.”

Well nah, no need to brag, but I am a hacking genius. You kind of experienced it yourself a month ago.

“You don’t either.”

Kris laughed, “Right… Yeah. You’re a computer genius.”

I crossed my arms and leaned to one side, “So why did you call me up here?”

“Oh – you know, just… wondering if you needed to talk.”

I narrowed my eyes at Kris, “About what?”

“Well… I a few days ago when we were at the park… I was – I saw you… and you seemed a bit… uncomfortable.”

He picked up on that? I guess I’m not that subtle then, am I? But why does he want to talk about it all of a sudden? We aren’t even that close.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck and kicked away the snow near him.

“So umm…” I looked up to see Kris holding headphones.

I scratched the back of my head as I thought about what to do.

Kris nudged me with the headphones, pursed his lips together and looked at me with wide eyes.

I snatched the headphones and sighed, ““Leaders united. Please rant away.”

Kris smiled and shook his head, “No, I thought that you need to rant.”

He wants me to rant? Why do I feel like I’m the only person who is ranting?

“Fine, I’ll do it first then,” Kris grabbed my upper arm and sat me down on the bench before sitting next to me.

I let out a deep breath as Kris sat down next to me. He put the headphones over my ears and ‘What Is Love’ was playing. Aigoo… So self absorbed.

Is he calling me out here so that he can tell someone all his problems? I’m not some kind of confession both where I’m supposed to just listen to his problems. He should call Fiona for things like this, she IS his girlfriend. I’m more of a colleague. He shouldn’t be coming to me for problems like this.

Thoughts like this went for a while until Kris took off the headphones and put them on his head.

I rubbed my hands on my thighs and exhaled loudly.

Kris quickly took off the headphones, “Oh yeah, I just wanted to say that I have been reading into your whole magic thing.”

I raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

Kris nodded, “Fiona gave me a book about it. She found it in her room. Her being superstitious and all.”

Her? Superstitious? I am superstitious. Hello, green is my LUCKY colour! Aww man… She’s stealing traits from me as well?

Kris put the headphones back on and smiled widely at me.

“Now you go!” he shouted out, his low voice echoed across the rooftop.

I exhaled deeply, “So where do I start... Oh, it’s good to see that you’ve started reading. I don’t know whether that book it real or not but… it has to have some kind of relevance right?”

I fiddled with the string on hoodie. It’s much easier keeping things inside.

“I see your hair is growing out again and I personally don’t like it. You should probably cut it, like the pre-debut days when it was short. The only person who can have ridiculously long hair in this relationship is me – not that this is a relationship! We’re not in a relationship. We’re just colleagues. I mean - You’re in a relationship with Fiona…”

I sighed and crossed my arms.

“I hope you’re happy with Fiona… she probably won’t hurt you, since she’s trying to hurt me… and that involves not hurting you. Which I think is a bad move because; I for one would not care if anything was to happen… to… you…”

My eyes met Kris’ and images of him during the photo shoot with the suit on or when he was talking to those kids on that Chinese show… I’ve only seen gifs of it because if I was to watch it online, I would probably raise suspicions with my giggling.

Kris smiled at me and put his thumbs up. I smiled back and put my thumb up, before teasing Kris and putting it down. I stood up and Kris grabbed my arm.

He pulled his headphones down, “Where are you going?”

“Sorry Goliath, but I have things to do. You’re not the only one who needs eight hours of sleep.”

“Oh… sorry… um, Jenny!”

“Yeah?”

“When do you think we would be able to talk without the headphones?”

“I’ll get back to you on that.”

Kris tilted his head, “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Maybe next time,” I gave Kris a cheeky smile and walked back to the apartment.

I sure hope he gets that reference. Kekeke.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~