Liar's Charm Still Works.

I Lied That!

2019

I am now 23 years old. I graduated from the police academy in Australia about a year and a half ago. I’m putting my technology skills to good use and thanks to the effects of the Liar’s Charm; I still remember how to fight using several fighting styles, which comes in handy when you have to go through months of vigorous training. Speaking of fighting styles, I have added Muay Thai on the list, Tao and Min Seok oppa would have been proud of me.

I tried to find Mr Hellius but apparently no one of such name existed. I tracked down any phone numbers or addresses possibly associated to him but all came up negative, even his grandson and that witch.

I’d like to believe that everything was a dream, scarily pleasant dream but it only worked for the first year or so.

Australia doesn’t have a cybercrime unit so the government has decided to send me off to no other place than Korea. I tried to opt for the US but apparently there was already a lot of people there already and adding one more would be “too many”. Seriously, of all places, it had to be Korea. But that doesn’t matter right? As long as I don’t cross paths with EXO besides music shows or concerts.

Not only have I cut off contact with EXO but I have also cut off any contact with Fiona as well. Knowing that she would be harbouring those thoughts about me just – it felt bad and… let’s just say that the last time I met her was on the last day of high school.

ALPHA is now a five member group and they were the first group to debut without a leader, believing that everyone was responsible for every individual’s actions. “Psych” never happened and “Mnet Mash Up” got cancelled before it even started filming. I felt bad for the cast of “Psych” and Boyfriend because those two projects were amazing ones. One good thing that came out of this was that YG didn’t have to deal with the criticisms and attacks that came with debuting Fiona and her arrest.

I scanned the area to check if anyone has picked up my suitcase by mistake.

“Where the heck can it be?” I spoke to myself.

Suddenly I heard the sound fangirl screams being amplified behind me and I quickly turned around when I saw Tao walking through customs.

It was good to see him alive and well. He still hasn’t lost the eye bags but at least he’s alive. A part of me wanted to run up to him and check if he remembered me or not but since there have been no mentions of me, I guess I was the only person to have kept their memories after the Liar’s Charm.

I crossed my arms as I watched the fans swarm around EXO. This scene was all too common. I guess since that whole kidnapping incident didn’t happen; no laws were made to protect idols…

I snapped out of my thoughts and walked around the conveyor belt to search for my suitcase. Where the heck can it be?

It wasn’t long when my eyes wandered back to EXO and then I saw the manager, the not so nice manager, the opposite to Kwangsoo if my memory serves me right. Thank god, he was never my manager…

The manager’s eye twitched and his hand started to fidget more as he kept taking off his hat and running them through his hair. The veins on his forearm became more prominent and I dashed towards the crowd.

As he raised his hand, I stretched my arm out and blocked his arm from hitting the girl.

The crowd became silent, the idols stopped in their tracks and the manager glared at me. I swinger the manager’s arm away and gritted my teeth.

“If you have to use your fist as a first resort, then maybe you shouldn’t be a manager.”

“I will press charges against you. Who do you think you are touching?”

I sighed as I pulled out my federal ID, “I am part of the cyber crime unit and don’t tell me you’ve never downloaded a few songs or movies illegally.”

The manager backed down and bowed, “I’m sorry detective.”

I turned to the fangirls, with my hands on my hips, “You guys should know better than to make your idols feel so cramped up in an open place. Follow them closely but appreciate them from afar. As God-like as you view them, they are still humans and they still have rights. Step back.”

I looked around at the fans with pleading eyes, “If you don’t want to do it because of some detective, do it for your idols. Please, step back.”

In a uniform motion, the fans stepped back and made way for EXO to go through.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I used that opportunity to get out of there before Kris got to look at me. I answered my phone and it was from my supervisor.

---------------Phone call--------------

Me: Yeobseyo?
Supervisor: Yeobseyo, I am your team leader! I’m just calling to tell you that I have your bags and to ask you, WERE YOU THE GIRL THAT JUST STOPPED EXO’S MANAGER FROM HITTING THAT FAN?!
Me: Urgh… that depends… are you happy or completely infuriated?

-----------End of phone call------------

“I was totally awe struck by it!”

I looked and saw Kwangsoo running towards me.

“No way…”

I pinched my arms as I ran towards him. This has got to be some kind of dream. Kwangsoo, working for the law?

“You were totally cool back then! Like the female protagonist in a drama! Whoa! I feel like I have found the main character to my drama!”

“Excuse me?”

“I don’t like you! I’m engaged,” Kwangsoo held up his left hand to show off his ring.

“That’s amazing.”

“Her names Yoo Kyung Mi, she’s a librarian.”

“Um… sunbaenim, how did you become a detective?”

“I watched Ghost, that 2012 drama. It was so cool and I just knew that I had to get into that kind of work field. At the time, I was a manager for ALPHA, do you know them? They’re top idols now but anyways, I was apparently too easy going for a manager and the idols were having too much fun instead of suffering like pack mules.”

I pulled Kwangsoo into a hug and squeezed him between my arms, I missed him so much! At least I’ve got him.\

“Wow, you Australians are really friendly.”

I nodded my head and tightened my hug.

I broke away from the hug and smiled widely, “So are we going to the police station?”

“Yeah, I’ll introduce you to everyone and you can pick up the keys to your place there.”

“Awesome!”

“You know, you speak Korean really well for a foreigner.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bit the mouth of my cup as I watched the other police officers and detectives walk around the station when Kwangsoo walked towards me with a very familiar looking man.

Oh! I signed his coffee cup on the night of the kidnapping!

“Jenny, let me introduce you to a good friend of mine, detective-”

“Detective Bae Hyung Jin,” I jumped in as I bowed.

“Oh! How did you know? Did you read up on me?”

I laughed nervously, “I read your name tag.”

The detective laughed, “You’re so observant. Great skill in being a detective.”

Suddenly Kwangsoo’s eyes and the Detective’s eyes widened as they stared off behind me.

“What? Did an actress step in here or-”

Kwangsoo grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.

“Or… Kris…”

“Jenny…”

“Do you know him personally?” Kwangsoo asked.

“They look good together though,” Detective Bae answered.

“True, that.”

Kris walked towards me and I know I’m very clichéd right now but my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest.

Kris walked towards me and leaned down, “I remember everything, so do the Alpha members, Tao and Kwangsoo hyung.”

I turned to look at Kwangsoo, consequently flicking Kris in the face with my hair.

“Really? You’re going to do it this time as well?”

“How else do you think you got transferred to Korea, huh?”

“How else do you think that EXO would be at that position at that exact time for you to stop the manager?”

“You two got me here?”

“Aye, you two talk it out over coffee, I’ve got official detective business to do,” Kwangsoo threw me my keys, “Go, I’ll deliver your suitcases to your house later.”

Kris grabbed my hand and led me outside.

I let out a small laugh as I looked at Kris in disbelief, “So… you all remember?”

“Well, you left quite an impression that was hard to forget, plus, do you think you could really get away with kissing me and leaving me?” Kris smirked.

I bit my bottom lip as I smiled at Kris, “So… how did we meet?”

Kris put his fists on his waist, “I was thinking that I saw you in the crowd at the SM Town Concert in Sydney and I fell in love with you.”

I scrunched up my face, “Aye… are you learning these cheesy scenes from Kwangsoo.”

“Take it or leave it.”

“Hm…”

I pretended to think about it when Kris pulled me in for a kiss. I broke away from the kiss and laughed, “I’ll take it.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

THE END

 

Hey guys! Please go and read this blog, it'd would mean a lot to me if you guys went and read it.