Who's Buying Lunch?

I Lied That!

Hello! It's been a while hasn't it? It's because I've been waiting for chapter 17 (so this is technically chapter 18) to reappear due to the maintainence service that occurred a week, two weeks ago? But it doesn't seem like it's coming back anytime soon so I decided to continue updating anyways in hope that you won't forget about this fanfic. All you need to know about chapter 17 is that during the filming of Jenny's group's debut MV, EXO-M were cameos and Kris got hit where it matters the most with a water balloon. So yeah... Not much happened in chapter 17. READ IT HERE!

Oh! And I made a Twitter account just for my friends and subscribers on AFF; so if you want to, follow me here and I will definitely follow back! =) Enjoy the update guys! 

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

I mumbled under my breath as I tried to stay warm under a very thin towel. I left a towel on my head because I got too tired of drying my hair. What kind of summer is this? Of all days for me to be bombed by water balloons, it had to be the coldest day in summer. I shuddered and goosebumps appeared all over my arm. I felt something heavy fall on top of my head and I pulled it down, revealing it was a jacket.

“Wear it; I don’t need to see your skin under that now-see-through singlet.”

I looked down at the jacket and hesitated to touch it. The sound of the hairdryer stopped and someone grabbed the jacket and threw it on my chest.

“Seriously, I hurt a completely organ but it seems like your brain got affected as well.”

“Speaking of which, you did on purpose.”

Jenny suddenly the hair dryer and continued drying my clothes.

“Hey, I’m talking to you.”

Jenny turned to me and tilted her head to the side and pretended not to hear me.

“You’re purposely pretending to not hear me.”

The girl rolled her eyes and I wanted to stand up but as soon as my rose from the seat, there was pain in that area which just made me that much angrier. I grabbed the handle of the chair and cautiously sat down, making sure not to damage any more of the “furniture” down there.

“Are you really not going to apologise to me?” I asked.

Jenny stopped the hair dryer, “I am truly sorry that you had such a great surface area in which I could not miss and your height… damn your height, if only you were shorter, it would have hit your abdomen.”

I narrowed my eyes at her as I leaned back in my chair, how come she is like this to me? What did I ever do to her? Fiona was right; she is out to get me. Fiona told me that she doesn’t like tall people. What does she have against tall people? Did we take off the few centimetres that she was talking about?

I pulled the jacket higher to cover my neck. The gigantic fan isn’t helping either. Suddenly Jenny turned the hair dryer to me and shot me with a blast of hot air.

“What are you doing?”

“Drying you off. If you get sick, I’ll never hear the end of it.”

She walked over to me and suddenly stopped. What? Does she not want to approach me? I’m slightly insulted. I looked down at the jacket and saw the tag inside.

“Artistic property of Jenny Nguyen”

She made this jacket? She probably threw this to me on purpose. What a show off.

“You made this? I’m shocked.”

Jenny moved closer to me and ruffled my hair as she pointed the hair dryer at it.

“Don’t take your anger out at me.”

“Well you’re the one going through man-opause.”

Man-opause. I found it funny and let out a small laugh, “Hey…”

Jenny laughed as she ruffled my hair. The girl has got a sense of humour. Fiona didn’t tell me that she was funny, ahh… I remembered that she put Fiona through a lot.

“Well this isn’t strange to see, Kris sitting down on a chair and everyone standing up,” said Tao.

Don’t want everyone to see the big height difference between me and everyone else. Why does everyone have to make height so important?

“Tao, can you take over drying duties?” Jenny asked as she handed the hair dryer to Tao.

“As soon as she gets the chance, she’s running off.”

“Yeah… So how are you family jewels feeling?”

I groaned as I remembered back to the pain that I felt.

“It’s not hurting anymore but the thought of it is… painful.”

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

You walked off to a quiet place and pulled out your phone.

------------Phone call-------------

Mum: Jenny! How are you? Have you eaten? Are you healthy? Mr Hellius came by and tried to reassure me but I have to hear it from you first.
Jenny: *laughs* Mum, I’m fine. Just because I’m in a different time zone, it doesn’t mean that I don’t eat. I still eat.
Mum: That is so good to hear. Mr Hellius did say that.
Jenny: Then Mr Hellius probably would have said that I’m filming for the music video today.
Mum: He did… he sure isn’t a fake, it that’s what you’re saying.
Jenny: Mum, how are you and dad by the way?
Mum: We’re fine.
Jenny: Damn, I was hoping to hear, “Oh Jenny, we’re so sad without you here. You are our favourite child…”
Mum: Your sister thinks otherwise.
Jenny: Of course she would! You have to be careful; I’m your favourite daughter. Remember. *laughs*

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­-------------------------

~~~~~Kris’ POV~~~~~

I walked off to make a phone call to Fiona when I heard Jenny’s voice.

“Mum, I’m fine. We’ve only been filming for an hour. You don’t have to worry about me. Everyone is looking after each other on the set… Yes, I’m eating dinner right now, well I was…”

Dinner? It’s 2am in the morning, I don’t think that meal is called ‘dinner’ anymore.

“Mum, don’t worry about me… Well I’m talking on the phone with you aren’t I? Okay. Alrighty. Yes. Yes… Yeah… Okay. Love you. Bye.”

Jenny then went towards the door and I hid behind the clothes rack. She grabbed the jacket that she threw on me before and wore it on. She looked around and quickly snuck out the door. Aw, what the heck? She’s not really sneaking out is she? Far out, she’s already starting trouble before she’s even debuted. I let out a sigh and jumped out from behind the clothes rack.

“Stop!”

Jenny flinched as she turned around, “Oh dear God! What the hell is wrong with you?” she said while breathing heavily.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked her, “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Oh, I’m sorry manager Kris; I did not know I had to report my whereabouts to you.”

She glared at me for a short while and went out the door. I ran to the door and stuck my head of the doorframe, “Jenny! Get back here.”

Jenny turned around and reached her hand into the pocket of her jacket and pulled out earphones and slowly put them in her ear with a mischievous grin on her face. I know where this is going, she’s going to go whether or not I try to persuade her or not. This girl…

I bit my lip has I decided to make the dumbest decision ever and stepped outside and walked up to her. She seemed a bit surprised that I actually went out.

“Why…?” She raised her pitched.

“Why what?”

“Are you here? I don’t need you to be here.”

“I don’t want this secret debut to be spoilt. Sammi and the others worked way too hard for you to ruin things.”

She narrowed her eyes at me and turned around, flicking her hair on my neck. I turned around and saw one of the stylists popping their head out of the building. Crap, can’t get caught being outside. I let out a sigh as I ran up to Jenny.

“Weren’t you on your way to tell on me?”

I put my hand into the front pockets of my pants and raised my shoulders, “There were people guarding the door, I didn’t want to get caught. I can’t believe I went outside.”

“You’re not the only one…” I muttered as I cautiously looked around to see if anyone recognised us.

“Relax, no one will notice us.”

“What do mean? I tower over these people.”

Jenny scoffed, “Please, always stay this humble.”

I looked around, fully aware that there might be cameras around so I kept my distance with Jenny; not that I wouldn’t before. But I’m just being extra careful.

“Where are we going anyways?”

“Why don’t you just stay here and try not to get caught?” Jenny rolled her eyes and walked into the restaurant.

How selfish, eating on her own. Everyone is working hard and she’s out here eating restaurant food? Fiona is right, she only thinks of herself.

I leaned against the wall outside of the restaurant, I turned my head to look inside and there she was, ordering her food. Not even calling me inside. I’m hungry too… 15 minutes went by and no one noticed me, not a single head turn, not even a glance. Oh but the heck?

“Hey Big Foot, you coming inside?”

I turned around to see Jenny with her head out of the door frame.

I stood up properly, “What?”

“Come inside, I need your help.”

“What? Don’t tell me you need me to pay for meal.”

Jenny kept a straight face and popped back into the restaurant. I let out a sigh as I stepped into the restaurant and saw Jenny standing in front of several bags of take-out. What? I have to pay for all of this?! Oh man… Jenny handed me the bags and nudged me.

“Come on Big Foot, let’s go.”

I looked down at my feet; they’re not that big… I looked down at the bags and saw a heck lot of food. Damn, she really bought all this for the crew? I walked up to the counter.

“Excuse me, what was the tab for this?” I asked the waitress.

“Sir, we don’t have tabs here. We only accept cash.”

“Ah… neh. Kasamhamnida,” I bowed to the waitress.

So she actually bought this…

~~~~~End of Kris’ POV~~~~~

You walked onto the set, followed by Kris, “Look what Kris treated us to!”

You lifted up the bags before placing them onto the table, “Everyone, please come around and have your first decent meal in 10 hours.”

The camera, hair and make-up, sound crew gathered around the table as you handed out the boxes, “Please don’t hesitate for seconds, Kris has been very nice to buy extra boxes. Girls! Come here, I’ve got food for you guys too. Kris, can you call your members to come here too?”

Kris obediently nodded his head in the confusion and called the EXO-M members over.

“Did you sneak out to buy this?” Kwangsoo asked you.

“I didn’t get noticed. Not even a single care was given when I walked outside. Here’s your meal of the month, omurice,” you smiled as you handed Kwangsoo a box.

“ROOFTOP PRINCE!” Kwangsoo squealed as he grabbed the box and walked off.

“Why’d you say I bought the food?” Kris asked in English.

“Why’d you follow me outside?” you asked.

Kris smiled softly as he stepped back to let the managers through.