Unpopular?

I Lied That!

 

------------24th of December------------

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Today we were filming for MBC’s Star Dance Battle Christmas Special and that means that I will see Fiona after one month since we finished up our promotions.

“Jenny, it’s been a while!” BTOB’s Peniel greeted me.

Yeah, I made a lot of friends during our debut promotions.

“Oh, hey Peniel,” I greeted him in English, “We’re on the same team today!”

“You’ve been practising?”

“Definitely, I wouldn’t want us to lose.”

Peniel, Hyun Sik, Min Hyuk and Eun Kwang joined me on the bench.

It’s really such a shame that not everyone in ALPHA could come today. Shin Ah is avoiding TV time because of that creep so she decided to help Min Jung out with our comeback album. That’s right; ALPHA is having the comeback soon, just a bit after the Lunar New Year. By then, hopefully we’ll work out a fanclub name. Then again, EXO fans are still kept in the dark about what they should be called. In ALPHA, it was me, Sammy, So Yeon and Ji Hae.

The production cast was running around on stay trying to get things prepared for the show. I saw Fiona I waved to her.

“Guys, I’ll be right back, I’m going to talk to Fiona,” I said to my members.

“Tell her we said hi,” said Sammy.

I walked down the benches and reached Fiona. Fiona hugged me.

“Hi low!”

“Hi high!” I laughed as I broke away from the hug, “Damn, it’s been a while.”

“I know right? Let’s sit next BEAST.”

“My group and I are sitting on the edge; you can sit in front of us. Or you can always sit next to VIXX,” I smiled to Fiona, “I’ll introduce you to Hong Bin.”

Fiona had an unpleasant look on her face.

“What? You got into a drama-like argument with him?” I joked.

“No… they’re just… not popular.”

“What?”

Seriously? They’re not popular? Popular? Does that matter? BTOB sunbaes are really amazing people. They are underrated, yeah, sure, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t sit next to them. That’s low.

“Come on; get to know the VIXX sunbaes. They’re awesome. You’re always talked about talent, they have plenty.”

Fiona pouted, “Jenny, move down to the bottom bench with me. There’s going to be Gi Kwang and Yoseob from BEAST!”

“Um… I don’t know them that much… plus, ALPHA already have seats next to VIXX and BTOB.”

“Fiona, come sit with us,” I pouted and did puppy eyes towards her.

“No offense, but the people sitting around you aren’t exactly popular.”

I tried to keep my composure as I thought back to the middle of the year, it’s happening all over again. Weird. Not popular. Not cool enough. What?

I plastered on a polite smiled, “I’m going to back to my spot. See ya!”

Fiona… what the hell happened? We used to sit together and now you’re finding excuses to not sit near me. Unbelievable. Something has really got to her head and I am just so fed up with it, I’m not going to try and confront her. She’s just going to brush it off like she always does.

“Has everyone chosen their seats? If so, please make your way backstage so we can start filming.”

We all made our way back stage and saw Zelo.

“Zelo!”

“Oh! Jenny, you’re participating today?”

“Oh course, I’m on the other team though so get ready to lose.”

Zelo puffed up his cheeks, “I don’t know… are dance routine is amazing.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Ken and I are on the same team, why are you on the other team?”

“Yah, does it look like I can choose teams?” Zelo asked, slightly amused.

“Oh, Jenny, did you hear that we will be guests on Running Man?”

“Running Man?! Whoa… daebak!”

“It’s for our drama.”

“Can all artists please get ready for the show?”

I waved goodbye to Zelo, “I’m going to get my group. Where’s the same age and you’re the maknae while I’m the leader. Aigoo… I’ll see you later!”

“Okay, see ya.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was game time to play a game and I was chosen to participate in the wrestling game. According to Sammy, since I was the only non-main dancer in my group, this is where I would stand out. I’ve only seen this through a computer screen, so can I at least can a point for trying?`

I stepped onto the mat and bowed to KARA’s Hara.

“Jenny-sshi, do you have any ideas on how to win? Any special techniques?”

“Umm… I’m just going to copy what the sunbaes have done.”

“Hara, do you have anything you want to say?” Kim Shin Young asked.

“Since this is a popular game in Korea, I can’t lose.”

People oh-ed and I laughed, dumbfounded. I guess I’ll play for Vietnam and Australia.

We got into position and the judge gave us the signal to stand up.

“Go!”

I felt a sudden pull on the cloth around my thigh and I began hopping backwards as Hara pushed me backwards. I was so caught off guard that the only thing I could do was lean forward so that I don’t fall. I noticed that we were about to go off mat so I just kept going off.

“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!” I heard the MCs shout out.

I feel backwards and a pair of hands caught me around the waist. It’s probably So Yeon since she’s the only touchy feeling person in our group. Her nickname in the group is SO BYUNTAE. I turned around and hugged her but then I noticed that So Yeon was not 180cm tall or had a muscular body. I looked up and saw Ken blushing.

My ears burned up and I stepped backwards shyly, bowing to him, “Mianhae.”

“Jenny-sshi, are you okay?” Shin Young asked.

“Neh, Hara unni was really fast, I was really caught off guard.”

“Okay, let’s start again.”

I stepped back onto the mat and bowed to Hara so that we could start the match again. We got into position and I kept about how to win.

“Go Jenny!” Sammy cheered.

“Unni, fighting!” Ji Hae clapped her hands.

I took in a deep breath and waited for the cue. I looked at her leg and noticed that her legs were stretched out enough so she would have a really weak lower body right now.

“Go!”

I quickly moved my right leg forward and I hooked it behind her leg and flipped her to the ground. I don’t want to brag but I did it a matter of seconds. Where the heck did I get these skills from? I mean, I did karate and got up to green belt but that was five years ago. I haven’t done any martial arts since then.

“Wah!” Sammy high-fived me while So Yeon hugged me.

“Jenny! You are really daebak!”

“I was so shocked! She moved so quickly!”

Kim Shin Young grabbed my hand and raised it in the air, “Dance Masters win!”

I looked back at the people on my team and I smiled widely. The guys put their thumbs up at me, all the guys except Ken who seemed to be feeling the awkwardness from before. This was more awkward than when we were filming for the drama and we had to do a fake kiss. During the filming, our lips were literally brushing against each other and even then he didn’t feel awkward. What’s with him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was after the show and we were walking towards our van.

“Jenny ah,” Kwangsoo asked me.

“What?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What?”

“Are you and Ken dating? I can keep it a secret for you.”

I nudged Kwangsoo, “Oppa! How can you say that? I am not dating him.”

“Are you interested? I saw what happened today during filming…”

“What? Don’t get ideas…” I warned Kwangsoo.

“C’mon. Tell me.”

“Oppa, there is nothing going on. I’m friendly to Peniel from BTOB as well. In fact, I talk to the EXO members a lot too.”

“So you like one of them?” Kwangsoo asked me as he opened the van.

“What?! Aigoo…”

I stepped into the van and Kwangsoo followed me in.

“You can tell me, I can keep it a secret,” Kwangsoo then swapped his tone for a more serious one, “If any of those groups needs another member and you want to secretly join, I WILL do my BEST to help you keep your identity.”

I shook my head as I put on my seatbelt.

“Oppa, you are unbelievable.”

“So you don’t have any tendencies to join another group?”

“No, I do not have any tendencies to join another group.”

“So you’ll never want to join a boy band?”

“No, I will never want to.”

“So you’ll probably never cut your hair short.”

“No short hair.”

“You don’t think reincarnation and time travel is possible do you?”

I was going to give him a lecture but then I paused and opted for a one word answer.

“NO.”

There you have it guys; my drama obsessed manager is back!

… and you didn’t even have to ask for him.

“Are you going home for the new year?”

I shook my head, “Probably not. I’ll come back during the Lunar New Year.”

“But all the other members are going home.”

“I’m going home during the Lunar New Year. Don’t worry.”

“You better not overwork yourself. SM Entertainment has a very good no-fainting record.”

“I know. Don’t worry. I’ll get my rest.”

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~