Idol In Training.

I Lied That!

 

~~~~~~~~~Eight months before EXO’s debut~~~~~~~~~

---------Start of MSN conversation----------

Fiona: hey low!
You: Hey high! What’s up?
Fiona: sighs… He asked me for help with homework…
You: Yeah… and you refused?
You: How could you?
Fiona: no… but I don’t know how to help him with homework…
Fiona: I just want to talk to him. =(
You: Then just talk to him. What’s wrong with just talking to him?
Fiona: Because there’s nothing to talk about!
You: What? We’re all in the same grade.
You: English is a compulsory subject for us. Talk about that.
You: Or… you can actually TRY and help him with his homework.
Fiona: it’s not that easy you know T_T
You: *facepalm* Just find something.
You: Talk about the weather if you want to.
Fiona: not helping jenny…
You: Well, how about you tell me the question and I’ll try to help.
Fiona: okay
Fiona: contexts change but not human nature. is this your understanding of transformation?
You: Ahh… the horrid English speech… well, it’s basically asking you to show how times change and yet people still act the same. Well… somewhere along the lines of that.
Fiona: Thanks!

-------------End of MSN conversation--------------

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I know what you’re thinking. I seem a bit cold but it’s because she’s always like this and she understands that. That’s the thing with friends. It does get a bit boring how most of our conversations are about her but I guess that is what friends are for. Is it sad that I kind of wished that we spoke about me for once? I like sharing things, especially when they’re about me. I mean, sometimes I manage to squeeze in a ‘oh, this happened to me’ so I guess that’s something.

I let out a sigh as I leaned back on my chair. Seriously, could there be nothing interesting about me? Am I that boring? Maybe it’s because of the high expectations I get from reading fanfics. Freaking fanfics… why do they have to be so imaginative for? Why can’t I just accidentally bump into Zico? Why can’t my school have good looking guys? Why can’t I have a best guy friend who’s secretly in love with me?

--------------Start of MSN conversation---------------

Fiona: jenny! we’re talking!
You: Good on you! =D
Fiona: we started discussing things and he asked me how my day was!
You: Oh really?
Fiona: yeah! and he said that he wanted to be part of my day!
You: Oh wow! I say, go get him, tiger!
Fiona: nooooooooooo! we just spoke. i’m not going after him
You: Then what is it that you want, your majesty?
Fiona: haha. funny.
You: Sorry, gotta go. Sleeping early tonight. =)
Fiona: okay… leaving me here alone…
You: Yeah, well I have to go to with my family to pick up my cousin from the airport.
Fiona: what if he says something like… he wants to meet up somewhere to work on the speech?
You: Then you accept.
Fiona: you’re really leaving me all alone???
You: You have your crush, I don’t want to be a third wheel anyways. Bye.
Fiona: Bye ><

---------------End of MSN conversation---------------

“Jenny! Can you please move this poster somewhere else?” I heard my mum nag.

I turned around to see her take off my poster of Zico.

“Mum! You can’t touch Zico’s poster.”

My mum shook her head, “You like these Korean boys so much. Why don’t you just go to Korea and marry one of them.”

I smiled as I thought about the idea of me going to Korea marrying Woo Ji Ho, the amazing rapper from Block B but my thought was cut short when I heard the sound of the poster being pulled off the wall.

“Mum…” I whined, “He is Woo Ji Ho, he is an amazing rapper with an amazing talent when it comes to composing music. Mum, he’s like the much younger, better looking Mozart.”

“Woo what? No,” my mum shook her head, “You can’t just leave it in front of your door where everyone can see. Can’t you just stick INSIDE your room?”

I nodded my head, “You’ve got a deal. I’ll do that,” I grabbed my mum’s hands and moved them away from the poster, “I’ll do that myself…”

“Why don’t you just befriend those Korean singers then?”

I put on a sarcastic smile, “I will then.”

Then it hit me, why don’t I just befriend some idols then? It’s not like anyone would know. Well… except Fiona… it’ll definitely get her attention off her puppy love and onto me. I’m not exactly an attention seeking person; I’m just a person who likes to even out the attention…

This would be the first time I have ever told a lie to Fiona. Aish… maybe I shouldn’t. This is a bad idea. It’s not like I have a talent that’s SM entertainment worthy… The only thing that’s heard me sing is my shower head. Yeah… this is a bad idea. I’m not going to do it.

--------------On Monday---------------

“So then he thanked me for helping him and that we should do it some other time but in real life.”

I nodded my head as I tried to keep up the interested look, “My cousin bought me a BEAST album.”

“Really? Show it to me later. I then said to Sam that I would love to do that and he sent me a winking emoticon,” Fiona grinned at me.

See? Do you see what I’m talking about? She completely disregarded what I said.

“So when are you actually going to talk to him in real life?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I’m planning to get a haircut. I’m kind of debating whether I should get a fringe or not and if I do, I want it to look like Hyuna’s one during Bubble Pop but… I’m not sure if that would suit me or not.”

“Have you tried photo-shopping your face with her hair?”

“No. But I should, shouldn’t I?”

I instinctively nodded my head. Okay, I know I thought about it on the weekend but I can’t deal with this anymore. Let’s turn the switch to ‘even’ why don’t we?

I grabbed Fiona by the arm and let out a sigh, “I have something to tell you.”

“What? Did you hear Sam say something?”

I put on a guilty look and inhaled deeply, “I have been putting this off for some time now and I really have to get it off my chest.”

“What? Tell me! Don’t kill me with suspense!”

“Shh!” I put my finger on my lips as I looked around the playground. I leaned in whispered, “You know how don’t go outings with anyone in the holidays since the start of year nine?”

Fiona nodded her head, “Yeah?”

I did a deep sigh, “That’s because I was at SM entertainment. Training.”

Lie. I stayed at home because I wanted to save money to buy the DVD box set of ‘Supernatural’.

Fiona’s eyes widened, “No way! No way! No way!”

She pushed my right shoulder, “No… way…”

I smiled as I nodded my head, “Yes way.”

“Really? For what?”

Hm… I don’t know Korean so my English would be the only way I can communicate. So my friends would have to know how to speak English. That would be… Amber! What would we have in common? Rapping! Rapping!

“I rap.”

“Really?! Oh my gosh! I would have thought you said actress or singer… you don’t look like a rapper.”

I laughed, “Yeah, that’s what Amber said.”

“Amber? What?”

I pretended to act clueless, “What?”

Fiona poked me, “Don’t try and hide it from me. It must have been a natural thing aye? Trying to hide that… no wonder you don’t go on Facebook.”

I nodded, “Yeah… rules says we can’t have any social networking sites.”

Lie. I just hate how Facebook turned out to be.

Fiona looked at me with sympathy in her eyes, “Aww… there there. At least they don’t know you have MSN.”

“Yeah. I hid it well,” I joked.

“So? Who are some groups that are going to debut?”

“Um…” My eyes darted from left to right. Suddenly I remembered an article online about an upcoming boy group from SM.

“We have a new team that we’re preparing that’s comprised of seven Koreans and five Chinese members…”

“I have friends that are going to debut in a boy group.”

“Name? Nationality? Good looking or not?”

I clicked my tongue, “I can’t tell you. Chinese and yes but I would never think of liking him.”

That’s because I don’t know what he looks like.

Fiona squealed as she shook my arm, “Oh my gosh! This is daebak! My friend is going to be an K-Pop idol!”

I placed my finger on my lips, “Shh! No one has to know.”

“Why? Show it off.”

I shook my head, “I just don’t want pre-debut pictures up. I don’t want people looking at me as if I’m some weirdo.”

“You’re not weird. You’re an idol in training.”

Maybe in some other universe but not this one…

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~