Chapter 66

Maybe I'm not Worthless (A Jimin and BTS fic)

Suga pov~

Jimin knows. I know he knows. I've picked up how to read Jimin over the years. Even when he was a kid I could tell when he was keeping something from us.

*flashback**8 years ago*

We had gone camping at the lake. Jimin and Jungkook were 8 and we were ten. Just like how now Jimin is in tenth grade like jungkook should be but we are in 12th. (We got held back a year that's why we're just now seniors) We had just finished unpacking and were planning out our day. When we brought up swimming I noticed Jimin became tense. He started stuttering but nobody but me noticed it. His eyes shifted from left to right. I knew something was up when he tried to say he was sunburned and didn't want to go swimming. That boy was paler than Edward from twilight. When we got there I noticed all the blood drained from his face and he looked like a ghost.

"Jimin is there something you want to tell us before we jump in?" I asked. He looked at me and I could tell he did but he noticed how excited jungkook was about swimming so he said nothing and shook his head. Yes Jimin has had a crush on Jungkook for most of his life. That's when it hit me. All the times we asked Jimin if he wanted to go to the pool and he cancelled. Jimin couldn't swim. I've always been good at putting two and two together.

I didn't want to embarrass Jimin so when we all jumped in I just let Jimin jump in too. As soon as he got in he started freaking out and he thought he was drowning. I pulled him out and sat next to him outside the lake while the others went and hung out. I didn't want Jimin feeling lonely and the others were having too much fun. " why didn't you just tell us Jimin? If we wouldn't known we would've just gone on a hike." I said. "I didn't want you guys to have to change your plans for me," he muttered. "It's okay Jimin. Wow, you really can't stand letting other people get their feelings hurt can you?" I asked. "I can't stand letting other people get hurt period. No matter how much they deserve it," Jimin said shaking from the cold.

*end of flashback*

So when Jimin started showing all those signs when the others mentioned finding JB I realized it. He knows exactly where JB is. And I know he lied about Jin. I was 500% wherever JB was , Jin was also. The memory of him saying he couldn't stand letting anybody get hurt made me realize it. When I said it out loud I got nervous Namjoon would think I was right. When he didn't believe me I quickly left it at that. I still snuck looks to Jimin seeing him trying his hardest not to seem suspicious.

I would tell the other members he's lying because they all know I'm like a human lie detector but I didn't want anybody getting hurt just as much as Jimin didn't. I knew things would get violent when they found JB and I didn't want that burden on Jimin. Jimin was doing what he thinks is right. If protecting JB is what he thinks is right than I'll stand by him. I'm not going to make the same mistakes again.

I noticed Jimin left soon after that. I wanted to follow him but the members made me stay. They talked about how Jimin's birthday was next month and they wanted to throw a surprise party for him. Jungkook went to say goodbye to Jimin real quick and when he got back he looked really down in the dumps. "What happened Jungkook?" V asked. "Nothing," he said near tears.

The members gave him his space and they planned this surprise party. Jimin was turning 17 and since its the first birthday party we've thrown him in three years they want it to be good. They were obviously excited for it but deep down I had this bad feeling. Something bad was gonna happen at that party. I don't know what, but I believe that the worst is yet to come. I just hope nobody gets hurt. I just hope I'm wrong about this party.