Chapter 56

Maybe I'm not Worthless (A Jimin and BTS fic)

JB:

I woke up before Jin did. I was going to wake him up but why not let him sleep. I tiptoed out of bed and down the stairs. I grabbed clothes on my way and quickly changed. I didn't know where I was going or what I was doing but I needed air.

I knew Jin would be worried I ended myself or something so I quickly wrote a note and stuck it on the door before leaving. I walked for what felt like hours but soon enough I found myself somehow at Jimin's house. It looked so cold and lonely. I took a deep breath before walking up the steps to the door. Have they told his mom was I've done yet? I closed my eyes tightly and lightly knocked on the door. When it didn't open I thought about making a run for it but as soon as I turned around I heard the door click open behind me.

I sighed and turned around to come face to face with Jimin's mom. Her face was puffy and she looked like she had been crying for hours. I caused this. This was all my fault. "H-hello Jimin's mom," I stuttered trying to look her in the eyes. "Who are you? Are you one of Jimin's friends?" She asked politely. "Uhm no, not really but ... My name is JB. I know your son and I just wanted to say sorry for what happened," I said looking down at my feet. "I'm sorry too. I've heard of you JB, I'm glad you
Got over that whole bullying incident between you and Jimin. Too bad Jimin was in such a horrible car accident, I'm sure he would be glad to see you," she smiled to me. My eyes widened, they Havnt told her yet? "Uhm Mrs. Park listen...." I began. "Oh don't worry sweet heart come in, come in," She said practically pushing me through the door.

"I have to go to work but I need someone to watch the house now that Jimin's not here, will you watch it for me JB?" She asked pulling her jacket over her arms. "Uh-I mean- Uhm- sure I guess," I stuttered amazed by how calm she was being about letting a stranger in her house. She nodded and threw me the house keys which I caught in my hand before fiddling with my thumbs. She waved at me before closing and locking the door.

Wow, I was alone in Jimin's house. I looked around noticing how peaceful Jimin's house looked. The couches were a light gray with blue colors throw pillows. The walls were a nice tan and family photos aligned the walls. I walked over to the fire place which held about 5 small picture frames on the top of it. I looked at them closely.

The first 4 were pictures of him and his mom. They looked so happy. Both were smiling and it looked like they were having the time of their lives. I smiled, I wish my family was anything like that. Instead I have an abusive, success driven father who hates me and a dead beat mom who wants nothing to do with me.

I then looked at the last picture. I grabbed it off the fire place to get a closer look. Of course there was his mom and him but I noticed someone who I had never seen before. The third person was a young man who only looked about 25. Jimin was small, maybe 8 or 9. I squinted reading the bottom of the picture. I read out loud ," Mr. And Mrs. Park's 10th anniversary."

So that was Jimin's dad, I always wondered why I had never seen him. I wonder what happened to him. I set the picture down and turned away. I didn't want to get too far into Jimin's personal life just like I wouldn't want people to get into mine so I decided to let it go. I walked up the stairs until I got to the back room.

I slowly opened the door because I swore that was the room Jimin ran into the last time I was here. His room was still as neat as it was last time. I noticed dust was forming on the desks from nobody being here for the last week or so. I saw and admired his paintings. I sat down on his bed which was surprisingly comfy. I laid down on the bed staying on my back. I sighed once more , what have I done?

I suddenly got goosebumps. You know that feeling where someone is watching you but nobody is there? It felt like that except it wasn't scary it was more.... Saddening than anything. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall. I remember when I went to a therapist all those years ago, he told me saying how I felt out loud would help calm me down. I nodded to myself letting all my emotions I've felt the whole time about Jimin come to the surface.

"Jimin. You're not here. You won't hear this either. When you wake up you'll hate me more than anyone and everyone else will too. They might even try to hurt me like I hurt you. I'm ready for that, I want that. I will take any beating your friends give me. I deserve that and so much more. I can't make you forgive me. I won't make you forgive me because I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything. Not friendship, not love, not care, not anything. Jin is the only one who can even stand to look at me and you know that more than anybody that Jin will forgive everyone. I tried to kill myself yesterday. I was stupid but I think I finally understood what I've been doing to you all these years. Standing on that step with that rope in my hand was the most mind corrupting event of my life. I could've ended it right then and there. You could've ended it right then and there. I could've ended you right then and there. I finally understand the pain I've cause you. For years I sat in my room waiting for my dad to get home so that the beatings would be over. For years I waited by that door hoping one day mom would come back. I didn't realize how much of a monster that made me. I thought I didn't care but after seeing all the times I hurt you and made you feel probably worse than me, it was because of the pain I cause I wanted to shove it off on other people. I did this. I'm no better than the family I tried so hard not to become. And if I could do it all over again I would've never once laid a finger on you. Who knows , maybe I would've became your best friend. I messed up, I messed up so much. I'm so sorry. So so sorry," I cried out trying to wrap my head around the situation.

I closed my eyes just searching for some peace, I need him back. "Jimin....," I muttered under my breath," please come back to me. I need your help. I need it so much," I said trying my best to calm down. It was then my phone beeped in my pocket. I quickly checked my messages.

From Jin 11:11 am: I got a text from Namjoon. He's at the hospital. Nobody knows what happened but Jimin woke up way earlier than expected. Doctors don't know if he's going to go back into a coma but he's awake. I don't know if that matters to you but I figured I'd tell you.... Ttyl

I smiled wider than I thought was possible. I jumped up, Jimin was awake. I was so happy but I realized it didn't matter because when he sees me he will either be angry or out of it. My smile faded as I sat down on his bed once more. I thought the worst was over but I guess not.