Chapter 45

Maybe I'm not Worthless (A Jimin and BTS fic)

Jin pov ~~

"JB stop!" I yelled to him before he made any sudden moves. He didn't even lock eyes with me. All he said was "why?" I looked at him astounded. I then realized I didn't have much time and he could slip that rope over his neck and jump any second. But for the moment I had him paused and I would not have anyone else's death on my hands.

"Just ... give me a few minutes JB that's all I ask," I said begging him not to do anything. He looked over to me finally. "Why should I?" He asked. "Oh I don't know... Oh yeah maybe the fact you almost KILLED MY BESTFRIEND!" I yelled at him. "Exactly, that's why I deserve to die," he said lifting the rope closer to his head. "JB wait! Please, just a few minutes and if you don't agree with me I'll leave you to do whatever you want just.... Wait," I pleaded. "You have 2 minutes. Go," he said not meeting my eyes.

I took a deep breath."JB you don't have to do this. Namjoon and the others agreed that they won't call the cops on you. Jimin should recover so please... Just don't." I said. He turned to me ," Are you that stupid? Jimin SHOULD recover is not a good answer. And the only reason they're not calling the cops is so they can beat the sh** out of me too. I'd rather just die and not have to deal with the guilt of hurting Jimin than live and deal with everybody hating me," he cried.

"You're pathetic you know that. You deserve to feel the guilt. You deserve to feel the pain of knowing you hurt somebody!" I screamed tears beginning to well up in my eyes ," You can't just leave because you don't want to deal with the pain, if you really cared you would stay and live day by day with that guilt!" I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Oh yeah? And how would you know that ?!" He yelled back.

"Because I've gone through what you're going through. The only difference is he actually died! I've had to deal with that pain every single day of my life. There were days when I wanted to run away. There were days when I felt killing myself was the only option. JB I don't blame you, but if I've made it this far with that guilt you can too. It gets easier, especially with people by your -" he cut me off. "Don't you dare say side. There is nobody by my side. Want to know why ? Got7 hates me, my moms been gone for 12 years, my dad beats me every single day, so no I don't have people by my side. It has never gotten easier for me," I saw tears start to stream down his face," All I've ever wanted was to be the best. I felt that if I was the best, I'd have all the friends, my dad wouldn't think I was a disappointment, who knows maybe my mom would eventually come back. My life would be perfect. And I was so close until Jimin came here. He became the smartest kid in school, he became the most popular, he became the nicest kid in school. He took everything from me, and life just got harder, and harder until I couldn't take it anymore," by this point he was sobbing.

"JB please, just come down and we can talk. I'm right here. I'm not leaving you. Just please..." I couldn't think of what else to say. Time was running out fast and JB could kill himself any second. But instead, he looked at me with this sorrow I havnt seen since I caught Jimin crying in the bathroom. It was like they were the same person but yet they weren't.

Then finally JB took a few steps down the ladder and sat down on his bed. And at that moment I knew, JB would be alright. But would Jimin?