Chapter 62

Maybe I'm not Worthless (A Jimin and BTS fic)

JB pov~

"It's time to talk," Jimin muttered. "Jimin I'm s-" I began before being cut off. "Don't. Just don't. It's my turn to talk. I havnt been able to talk for about a month okay let me speak my mind JB," he said with a hint of anger growing in his eyes. I nodded not muttering a word. "Jin! I know you're listening can you please go outside this is private," He yelled across to the kitchen. Jin came out and opened the front door ," Okay but, no violence," he said. Jimin smiled before nodding ," not a problem." Jin nodded before closing the door behind him.

"JB..." He began. " I don't blame you for anything. Your parents divorce wasn't your fault and I know you think it is...." He paused. "H-how did you kn-" I began. "Shhh my turn. JB you've always hated me. Since Elementary school in fact. You always were competing with me and when I did better than you , you got mad. You were older than me and the top kid in your grade but somehow the little kid 2 years younger than you did better. Was it that it hurt your confidence or was it something else? That's a rhetorical question don't answer that. It was probably a little bit of both. JB I've known for a while that you've had .... Problems , with your father. I know I shouldn't be in your business like this but I think you've been in my business long enough it's my turn. I found out about it a few years ago," he paused to take a breath. "How....?" I asked, nobody has seen me be beaten by my father.

He took a drink of water before continuing. "It was after school , I was walking home....."

*flashback* *from jimins pov*

It was late. I had stayed after school to work on a school project. Not mine Jackson's since he wasn't gonna do it himself and mine was already done. I took the long way home because I loved the night air. I went through the park looking at my feet.

I heard yelling coming from across the park. I've never been one to snoop around but I knew I recognized one of the two voices. I was worried the members had kicked someone else out the same way they did to me. I quietly crawled closer hiding behind the park benches. When I looked over I noticed two figures. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness I realized one was JB. But it didn't look like JB. The JB I knew was confident, not scared of anything, a true leader.

This JB looked scared, weak, defenseless. I looked to the other man who I noticed had similar features to JB , he was just much older. He had the same stance JB had when he wanted to hurt me. His eyes were filled with something that was very similar to what was always in JB's eyes. Anger. The only person it could be was his father. I've never seen JB's father. He never showed up to any events, not even when JB was named the smartest kid in 7th grade. Our school was weird, highschool was 8th grade - 12th grade. I didn't even see got7 and them until I was in 8th so I didn't see them for two years but I'm still sure JB's father didn't show up to anything in those 2 years either. I always wondered why. JB's dad was starting to get into his face. I noticed his yelling got louder and JB looked smaller and smaller. I tried to make out what they were saying but I only heard a few words.

Worthless.....stupid.....waste.......

All words I was quite familiar with. When I looked over to them again I noticed his father's hand go up in the air. Before I could blink JB was on the ground and his father was laughing. JB was holding his cheek and every time he tried to get up his father would push him down again. It was horrible to watch.

Finally his father went back to his house and JB finally was allowed to get up. How long had this been happening? JB looked around making sure nobody saw and followed his father. From that night on I vowed not to talk about it unless it was absolutely necessary.

*end of flashback* *back to JB's pov*

"Y-you saw that Jimin," I said shaking. I didn't think anybody saw. I put my hands on my head and tried not to get angry. "JB I know a lot about you. I have a lot of things to say to you. I've just started," Jimin said quietly. I took a deep breathe and nodded. "Continue..."