Chapter 46

Maybe I'm not Worthless (A Jimin and BTS fic)

Namjoon pov~

We sat around the coffee table in our living room. Everyone was here besides Jin. He went for a walk and we didn't want to bother him. We were all waiting for the hospital to call. I made sure they put me as an emergency contact along with his mother.

It was about 10 pm when my phone started ringing. I was sleeping and the sound woke me up. I crept pass to the kitchen so I would wake up the others. "Hello," I whispered. "Yes, is this Namjoon, you're on the emergency contacts list of... Ji-min?" A young lady on the other end of the phone asked. "Yes that's me, is he okay?" I asked worried. "He's.... Okay." She said choosing her words carefully."what do you exactly mean by okay?" I asked. "Well he's not in a permanent coma. He is however in a minor coma. This means he will wake up much shorter than a regular coma but it still will take 3-4 weeks for him to wake up. However the good news is, we fixed his broken ribs and nose and by the time he wakes up he will be able to walk at least," she said trying to make the best out of a bad situation. I sighed already getting a headache from my mind spinning in circles. "Okay. When will we be able to visit?" I asked trying to stay calm. "You can come see him tomorrow. Visiting hours are from noon to 4," she said. "Okay," I said. "Have a nice day si-" He said but hung up and threw my phone on the table next to me.

A coma? I felt like my world was crashing down right now. First Jin has been acting weird lately, now this. Everybody I care about is getting hurt and as A leader I don't know what to do. It's my responsibility to keep my members safe. It's my responsibility to make sure everybody is okay and quite frankly I've failed. I was lost in thought when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around.

"Oh hi Jungkook what are you doing up?" I asked trying not to sound obvious. "You were on the phone. How's Jimin?" He asked quite worried. "He's okay Jungkook just go back to bed," I cooed sweetly. "I may be young but I skipped three grades I'm not an idiot, now tell me what's wrong," he said angrier than I've ever seen him. I sighed feeling defeated. "Listen if I tell you , you must promise to let the others sleep through the night. I'll tell them at my own pace okay?" I asked the maknae. "I promise hyung just tell me how's Jimin," he asked quietly. I took a deep breath. "He's in a minor coma, he will be asleep for 3-4 weeks but when he does wake up he should be halfway recovered from his other injuries," I told him.

Jungkook's eyes filled with this sadness I've never seen before. "Y-you know I love Jimin right?" He said tears falling from his eyes. "And if anything happens to him I will die," he cried. I embraced him," shhh it will be okay," I said not wanting the maknae to try anything stupid. "I-I couldn't even tell him how I felt," he cried in my shoulder. "You're acting like he's dead Jungkook. You will be able to tell him I promise. Have I ever been wrong kookie?" I asked. He sniffled ,"n-no," he said loosening his grip on me.

"Okay, now get to bed kookie, it will be okay tomorrow," I said. He nodded and went back to lay down. I don't know what was worse, lying to kookie or lying to myself. I really didn't know if Jimin would be okay. For the moment, I didn't know what would happen.