Is this the last time I'm going to see you?

My Idol Romance

To start off, I'm sorry this chapter is so late, but this past weekend and week has been really stressful and busy for me. This takes place on a Friday even though I'm not writing on a Friday. Again, sorry but I haven't really had the time to get on a write. 

Anyway, on to the chapter! ^^

~Bird_Of_Fire

*~*~<3~*~*

 

I sat in the examination room, waiting on the doctor to return to me to the room that would be mine for the next few days. I was getting the surgery today that would change my life. Bae Oppa had never left my side since my check up this past Sunday, and was there whenever some of the other idols we knew would come to either my dorm or YG to wish me the best with the surgery. The idols that didn't visit, called and even BoA Unnie and JYP Oppa came to wish me the best yesterday when they were going over the Kpop Star Audition with YG Oppa. 

The other YG Family members were working on rehearsals for the YG Family Concert, and depending on my condition determined if Morning Star would participate fully or just become guest performers at a few of the shows. A lot of fans had been asking that on different Kpop and fan sites, but we had no clue since that was an issue we couldn't control until after today. 

Bae Oppa had missed today's rehearsals to come with me and was currently sitting beside me on the exam table, holding my hand while I rested my head on his shoulder. He said that after I was settled in my room, he would tell the other members that it was time to come to the hospital and wait for the end of the operation. On the other side of the room were Jinu Oppa, Teddy Oppa, and Boram Oppa. All three were on the phone with different people from the company, and were currently updating them on what was happening. Security had to have been up-ed when we arrived this morning because of the amount of fans outside when I came in. 

Apparently a lot of them were wanting to wish me the best and also to catch a glimpse of Bae Oppa. Some of them were there to just watch and get all the dirt first, while others were there to just follow the bandwagon. I mean, it isn't that big of a deal if a person has to get surgery, but I guess I gave up the privacy right when I became an idol. 

"Tori, are you worried?" asked Oppa, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand. 

"A little. I'm more concerned about my vocal strength decreasing with this surgery. I probably won't be able to go as high as before and probably won't be able to sing as powerfully as before either. It took a lot of training to get my voice this way, and its all about to go down the drain because of some stupid operation" I said, getting frustrated. 

"They said that your voice would change, but they didn't say if it was good or bad. Just have faith and everything will be fine" replied Oppa, kissing my forehead.

The doctor came in along with a nurse. He informed us that the operation would begin in a couple of hours and that I needed to go to my room to get changed and ready for it. The nurse led us to a room up on the fourth floor that was private and big. It had a nice view of the city and was already filled with different flowers from idols and fans alike. She gave me a pair of hospital gowns to change into and then told the guys to wait outside while I got changed and she prepared my IV.

I went and grabbed the card on one of the many flower arrangements, reading it and smiling. 

Tori Noona~

You have to get through this, okay? We'll miss you if you don't. Even if you do lose your voice, we will still love you just as much. Just give us time to learn sign language, okay? (If worst comes to worst of course.)

Love Your Shining Dongsaengs ^^

I went and changed into the hospital gowns and got settled in the bed as the nurse put the IV in my arm. For some reason, I don't why, but this nurse looked familiar.

"It's been awhile since I've seen you. Last time I did this, you were still a trainee and now look at you, a big international star" said the nurse, starting some small talk.

"You were the nurse that took care of me before when I had the bloodclot!"

"Yup! Glad to know you remember me. I'll be taking care of you again, so don't hesitate to ask for anything, okay? By the way, I knew that your boyfriend was Taeyang-shii even back then" whispered the nurse, after finishing with the IV.

"How?"

"When he came to visit before the operation. I knew it was him, but didn't want to get you worried about me leaking it to the press. So, I pretended to buy your little lie about him. You two are just too cute together to do that to" she said, starting on vital signs and prepping me for surgery.

After she finished and the guys came back in, I saw that the group had grown a lot. Apparently, they had already told the YG Family, and all of them had come rushing over to see me. Tablo Oppa, PSY Oppa, and Se7en Oppa stayed to the back while 2NE1, Morning Star, and Big Bang crowded around my bed. I saw Sean Oppa in the back along with his wife while Han Byul Unnie went to Se7en Oppa.

"Tori Noona, you have to make it out, okay!" said Seungri, grabbing my hand.

"I will Seungri. Don't you worry" I said, patting his head.

"We'll be waiting right outside the O.R. the entire time, okay?" said Ji Oppa.

"I know."

Teddy Oppa the TV to see what was on the news that had his phone going off the hook. When we turned it to the news, the headline read: Idol world stops as Morning Star's leader and International Angel Tori is getting ready for surgery. He turned it up so all of us could hear the story.

"Reports are coming in left and right as people stop their daily activities to keep watch for any news about the condition and surgery of Tori Hono. It is unexpected that such an incident is getting so much coverage, but Tori, having become an international ambassador of Korea along with Morning Star, has made fans all over the world stop and wait for news on her condition. In Korea, fans have camped outside the hospital's entrance waiting to see what stars come to support Tori and also to get the first bit of news about her surgery.

Earlier today, she arrived at the hospital with Jinusean's Jinu, 1TYM's Teddy, Big Bang's Taeyang, and his manager. Just recently, the rest of YG Family has been spotted in the building and have been confirmed to be staying there until the surgery is over. It's been released that some other idols from different companies are wanting to go or are planning on going and waiting on news about Tori, showing that she has not only become a national and international fan favorite but also a favorite among her fellow idols. 

Some of those people confirmed to be heading to the hospital to stick out the time are SHINee, who are known for their close relationship with Tori even before her debut, Block B, U-KISS, and some of the members of Super Junior. Other idols have tweeted out that they are praying for the best outcome with her surgery but no one else has confirmed their attendance at the hospital."

"It's interesting how this girl has caused a lot of idols to actually stop their schedules and bring, almost, all of the Hallyu world to a stand still. Do you know why this is happening?" asked the anchor.

"Sources all across the internet are saying that because of the international appeal of Morning Star, they have easily gained a large fandom across the globe as well as appealing to a lot of Korean fans for their power, passion, and talent on stage. It's also said that the girls have quickly made friends with a lot of the foreign idols and from there gained huge popularity among the idol world. This hasn't really happened before, but there is always a first time for everything."

I turned off the TV and looked at the wall in front of me while taking in all of what was just said. My surgery has caused a lot of trouble for people. 

"All of that just because one girl is getting surgery. Then again, idols almost never have to get surgery, so it's understandable" said TOP Oppa, leaning against the wall.

I continued to stare at the wall and let it all soak in. People taking time out of their busy schedules to come and wait for the results of my surgery or people praying until they have heard news about my condition. For some reason, I already had started crying, but they now turned to sobs as I cried for all the attention and distraction I've caused with this stupid illness.

As my sobs went on, I found it harder to breath and that my breath was becoming shorter. I heard my heart monitor speed up and the oxygen level meter start beeping when I figured out what was happening. My throat was collapsing...

Without a second to spare, I clutched my throat and pushed the nurse call button a million times. I could literally feel my throat closing and my airway being blocked as I gasped for air. The nurse came running in and pushed her way through before shouting at everyone to get out. 

"Go get the doctor and tell him that it's time. We have to do an emergancy surgery. is collapsing" said the nurse, already placing the IV bag on the attached IV holder to the bed. 

Another nurse helped roll me out of the room and they started running to the O.R. while I just laid in the bed, wondering if this was the last sight I was going to see. Last thing, I saw was Bae Oppa with a look of horror on his face as I went past him and through the doors of the operation room.

 

3rd POV

It had been hours since Tori had went into an emergancy surgery. They had yet to hear any news from the nurses or the doctor, and had only to pray that everything would be okay. About an thirty minutes after Tori's surgery began, SHINee, Block B, and U-KISS had entered the waiting room all of the idols had occupied. It was close enough that they could be by the waiting room, but out of the public view. 

The members of Big Bang and Morning Star filled them in on what happened and everything was different after that. The atmosphere in the room was cold and sad. Everyone had looks of worry and sadness. They all hoped to see the person they had grown to care for as a friend. About an hour into the operation 2PM's Nichkhun, JYP, B2ST's Hyunseung, and Super Junior's Leetuek, Shindong, and Eunhyuk came into the waiting room, only to be alerted by the atmosphere that something was wrong. They were filled in on the basic details by the members of SHINee and soon joined in the different groups around the room. Most of the people were on one side of the room, praying for her survival. Another was sitting in a corner, just waiting for news and comforting each other. Finally, YoungBae sat by himself looking at his phone and watching videos of the two of them while listening to her voice on through his headphones. 

The tracks he had were the ones she made and never really planned to release. They were precious because they were her parents' songs, her own creations, or just simple things she made up on the spot. He watched videos of when they were together on vacation, backstage at music programs, their first time on Strong Heart, and many other things. 

"Is this the last time I'm going to see you? Going into surgery while almost dying?" asked YoungBae, silent tears rolling down his face.

Everyone knew how this was affecting him much worse than it was any of them. Nothing they could say would console him and nothing they would do could stop the tears. He was losing his most beloved person in the world, and he couldn't do anything about it. It would be worse on him than anyone else because to him, his world was Tori and as of right now, he had no clue were his world stood, crumbled and dead or recovering from a horrible disaster. 

Finally after about four-five hours in surgery, a nurse opened the door to reveal the doctor and the surgeon. They both looked tired and stressed beyond belief while the nurse looked just as tired. Looking at their faces, almost everyone could tell what they were going to say.

"When she came in, she was almost gone. We were able to bring her back and perform part of the surgery. However, about half way through completing it, we lost her again. We had to revive her many times because of the strain and stress that was already on before today, but finally, the operation was declared..."

...........

............

..............

Everyone broke into tears.