Star Jewel Debut

My Idol Romance

It was the day of the YG's announcement of Morning Star's debut, and it was currently 4 a.m. All 8 of the girls were in the hair salon getting their hair styled and make up on. The announcement was scheduled to be at 8 a.m., but that didn't mean that YG Oppa was going to let us sleep. It's not like any of us could anyway. 

I was sitting in the sitting area with Melody and Amelia while Maria and Hilary were getting their hair washed. Monica was sitting under a dryer after getting her hair dyed a brownish-red. Samantha was getting her hair styled in an half up half down style while Regina was getting the ends of her blonde hair dyed light blue. 

"So, when do you think the album will be released?" asked Amelia, laying down on the couch, in English

"Within the next month. Teddy and I have been working non-stop on it since we finally decided on what to do for the concept. The Japanese single should be released within the next two weeks. The president is hoping to get them both out on the same day, so that may speed up the process of the Korean album" I replied, reading the magazine I bought at the store last night. 

"You know we are going to be extremely tired doing promotions in both Japan and Korea" said Melody, looking at me from her book. 

"We probably won't be on too many Korean music programs at first, just because we are a rookie group. Japan only has a few shows that we can perform on, so at most we will be in Japan for a day or two and then back to Korea for the shows we have to do. The shows in Japan aren't what I'm worried about... it's the fan events. You remember when we lived there, the fan events were more important for a group than being on TV" I said, looking at her too. 

"You really have all of this thought out, don't you?" asked Amelia, looking at me too.

"I have to have it all figured out. I'm the leader after all, aren't I?" I asked, laughing before returning to the story about Shemar going to a Korean magazine in California and clearing up the so-called scandal that happened between us. 

"Yes, but you are still the maknae. You need to act like it sometimes, and let your Unnies take care of you before you get sick" said Melody, getting up to go get her hair washed when Maria came out and sat down in front of a mirror. 

I acted like I was still reading the magazine but thought about what she just said. Have I really been over working myself? I mean, I don't really go out as much as the other girls do, but that doesn't mean that I'm over working myself. Even if I am in the YG Building when they go out? Aish, I'm not over working myself. I'm being the leader and getting the group prepared for our debut. 

I let the subject go and continued reading the magazine for awhile longer. By the time I had read every article twice, I noticed it had just turned 5:30. The other members of YG Family weren't supposed to be coming till 6:30 or 7, so I was surprised to see the members of Big Bang, YG Oppa, and Teddy Oppa walk in the door about 15 minutes till 6. 

"What are you guys doing here? I would hug you, but as you can see, I don't want you to get wet" I asked, going over to meet them and pointing to my freshly washed hair.

"We figured we would get over here a little early and bring you all a little surprise" replied Ji Oppa, holding up some bags that I could smell were filled with amazing food. 

"You brought us breakfast? Aww, the boys in YG are so sweet" I said, grabbing a few bags and setting them on the table in the sitting area. 

The rest of the girls were just finishing getting their hair done, so they ran over and sat around the table while I went to go get my hair styled. I could hear all of them enjoying themselves and laughing as they all talked. Bae Oppa came over to me and sat in the chair beside mine. 

"This could wait until you've eaten" he said, looking at me seriously. 

"I'm fine. Let them fill up and then I'll just eat after I'm finished. Besides, I'm too nervous to eat" I said, watching as the stylist started drying my hair. 

"It looks like you haven't slept in awhile either. It seems like you are getting bags under your eyes now."

"I haven't slept but maybe an hour or two a night this entire week. I'm too nervous about our debut, especially since we are debuting in two countries. I'm worried that maybe that's pushing up a little too much. They could get sick if our schedule gets too hectic" I said, looking in the mirror as the woman started braiding my hair. 

"They? I'm more worried about you. You are working yourself more than you are letting them help."

"Do you think I'm over working myself?"

"Yes, actually I do. All of us do. Teddy hyung and YG hyung came this early because they wanted to make sure that you weren't working on your laptop while waiting for your turn. You need to take a break from this before you get yourself sick" said Bae Oppa, holding my hand. 

"I know, but I've been playing so much before I started filming with Criminal Minds. I mean, we went on vacation and everything, so I thought that I was slacking off. I just don't know if we can afford for me to take a break" I said, squeezing Oppa's hand a little bit. 

"Tori, you know that it won't be that big a deal if you take a day and relax. Even if all you do is stay in your dorm, it will do you good" said Maria, looking at me from the sitting area. 

"And stop worrying about us? We're the Unnies! We should be worrying about you!" said Monica, getting up and pointing her finger at me. 

Everyone laughed as she huffed and sat down in the chair. I laughed and looked over at them. 

"You really wouldn't mind if I took a day off?" I asked, looking at YG Oppa and Teddy Oppa.

"I don't mind. We already have the track list and the album is already in production. The only thing they really need to do is decide what the title track will be and practice singing live" said Teddy Oppa, looking to YG Oppa.

"Please YG Oppa! We promise that for the entire day, we will do everything Tori does times 7 if you let her have a day off" said Hilary, putting her hands together as the other nodded and begged him too. 

"You are already ahead of the timeline I had set, so I don't see the problem in giving you all a day of rest. It will be good to see Tori-ah acting like a maknae anyway" said YG Oppa, causing everyone to laugh. 

I got up after the hairstylist finished. My hair had been put into a half up half down style with the top being braided and put into a bun while the bottom was made wavy. It was still the blonde I got a week ago, and they decided not to cut it since it was still healthy. 

"Now, let's have breakfast. Afterwards, you are getting a nap. I don't care if I have to take you back to your dorm to get you to sleep, you are going to sleep" said Bae Oppa, leading me over to the table filled with food. 

"I say we all take a nap. We've been up since 3:30 this morning and couldn't even sleep before that. Well, those didn't have a problem at all in that area" said Samantha, pointing to Regina and Monica.

"Hey, just because we slept doesn't mean we aren't as worried as you all are" said Regina, trying to defend herself. 

I sat down inbetween Bae Oppa and Ji Oppa. When I got settled, Ji Oppa handed me a plate filled with my favorite foods and smiled. 

"I had them back that for you. All you favorites, right?" asked Ji Oppa. 

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked, starting to eat.

"I remembered a good bit of them from our childhood, but YoungBae filled in the rest. I have to say you are a very simple person to please" said Ji Oppa, joking around. 

"Of course. I don't need fancy things to be happy. I just need my friends and my loved ones to be happy" I said, taking a bite of food. 

"And music...... you can't forget the music" said Regina, causing all of us to laugh. 

After that, everything flew by. We had make-up done and were getting in to our outfits when the other members of YG Family came in and were getting ready. Everyone was done getting ready by 7:00, so all of us headed out to the location of the press conference in the multiple vans for 2NE1, Big Bang, the one for the solo artist, Teddy Oppa, and YG Oppa, and the two for Morning Star. 

It had just turned 7:55, and you could already hear the fans outside and the reporters inside the conference room. It was surprising to see fans outside the door when we arrived at 7:30, but apparently, this is what happens at every press conference YG has. 

"You ready?" asked TOP Oppa, coming over and hugging me. 

"As I'll ever be. Were you nervous when Big Bang was debuting?" I asked, returning the hug.

"I was, but then I remembered what it was like to perform in front of people. It made me realize that this is the first step to achieving my dream, and then the nerves went away" said TOP Oppa, giving me a "Fighting" before joining Ji Oppa and Seungri-ah while they were talking to the other girls and 2NE1.

"You look really pale? Are you sure you are going to make it through this?" asked Bae Oppa, coming over and feeling my forehead. 

"I'll be fine as soon as we get this done with. It's all the nerves that are flying around in my stomach" I said, putting my hands on my stomach and leaning against Oppa.

He put his arms around me and held me while the rest of the world moved on around us. It was only a few minutes before we were called to be placed on the stage for the conference to begin. 

When all of the YG Family was on stage with YG Oppa, the press conference began with YG Oppa talking about the reason for calling the conference and how proud he was of us while we were training, and then he called us on stage and announced that we were debuting from YG Entertainment. 

"Our new group, Morning Star, will be releasing their first Korean album and their first Japanese single within the next month, so please watch over them as they grow in the music industry. Now, I would like to introduce you to the members of Morning Star" said YG Oppa, handing a microphone to Samantha Unnie. 

We all introduced ourselves and after I had finished my introduction, I nodded my head for the girls to do our group introduction. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, we are the rising stars Morning Star!"

Everyone clapped and then YG Oppa talked a little more about our training period and everything we did. He brought up a poster of our album cover when he announced the name of it. He also explained that our albums would have a different theme, and that this one was Jewels to show how we are the star jewels of the rookie groups this year. Towards the end the question period came up.

"Has the Morning Star fan club gotten an official name yet?" asked a reporter.

"Not as of now, we are waiting for after their debut to officially name the fan club" replied YG Oppa.

"Is this debut going to affect the schedules of the other YG artists?"

"We are scheduling their debut around the time of a down period for the other artist before coming back full force in the second half of the year. It should not affect the other artists, but it will help because the girls will have company members with them at music shows."

The questions continued on for another ten minutes before the conference was ended and we exited the stage and went back out to the vans. Bae Oppa had his arm around my waist while we were the last ones to walk out since we had been stopped by a reporter to ask if my debut was going to cause harm to our relationship. It caused both of us to laugh and say that it was making it stronger since we would be working together now. 

As we walked out the front door, the fans started screaming louder and some were even holding up signs. While waiting for the Big Bang and 2NE1 members to get into their vans and waiting on another set to come, the fans started chanting "Morning Star." Bae Oppa laughed and whispered "Morning Star already has more fans than Big Bang did" in my ear. 

The fans that could see us started screaming/ squealing when they saw it, and that's when I remembered that skinship is a big deal in Korea. YG Oppa came up behind us and tapped me on the shoulder.

"How about you and the girls give them a little preview of the album as a thank you for today?" asked YG Oppa, smirking a little bit. 

"Of course. Girls, how about we sing a little of I Don't Know for them as a little thank you?" I asked, going to the other girls. 

They nodded and smiled. We all scattered and started calming down the crowd while I went to the middle. 

"As a thank you for your support today and up till now, we are going to sing a little bit of a song off our album that is coming out. It is just for all of you, so please be quiet while we sing, okay?" I said, gaining a good response as they all fell quiet when we all got together and in a circle.

"The chorus of it, don't want to give too much away" I said, signaling for us to begin. 

I Don't Know (originally by A Pink)

 

hanbal dagagamyeon dubal meoreojijiman
jogeum deo gakkai yeope
kkok buteo seoseo an nwa jullae
oneureun nae mam modu boyeojullae

eojjeom geurido babo gateunji
subaek beoneul nunchil jwodo
nae mameul molla neon
nan hangsang ireonde eojjeom geuri mollayo

We finished singing and bowed to the fans as they were cheering for us. I saw a good bit of them had their phones out as well as camera crews had filmed us. Bae Oppa came over and kissed my cheek as the others got into the van that would take them to the YG Building. 

I got into a van with Bae Oppa that would take us to the dorms. We listened to the radio while going back in silence. 

"You girls were amazing back there. Doing a song accapella is amazing, and it was a really good thing to do for your fans. When are you shooting the music videos?" 

"Next week. Are you sure you want to be in them? You don't have to if you don't want to" I said, looking at him. 

"I want to be part of them. It will probably be a couple dance for the routine, if I know Shaun, so I want to be the person you perform it with. Did YG hyung tell you that he asked if I would perform as a dancer on a few of the Morning Star performances?" 

"No, but that means we get more time together."

"Yes it does. Like right now, we are going to spend a lot of time together, because you are going to sleep while I watch T.V. in your dorm" said Bae Oppa, walking me to the elevators. 

"Can't you take a nap with me?" I asked, using the puppy dog eyes on him. 

"We'll see. Unlike you I've actually been sleeping" replied Oppa, leading me to my dorm and inside. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: I Don't Know is by A Pink, so I don't own it and am just using it for the story. Check out the song if you haven't already though. It's a really good song and has sweet/ cute lyrics.