I'm stupid, I'm an idiot, I made a mistake, but I'm not letting her go

My Idol Romance

"Bae, you really need to stop thinking about those photos man. She said that they were just joking around, so trust her" said Jiyongie.

"I can't. Just the thought of another guy holding her like that..... I haven't even held her like that."

I laid down on the couch while Ji and Teddy hyung continued working on different songs for our solo albums and Big Bang comeback next year. 

"She called me last night" said Teddy hyung, not moving from looking at the computer.

I shot up and looked at him. It had been a couple days since I hung up on her and that was the last time I talked to her. Ever since then, I would get text or voice mails when she was waking up, leaving for the set, taking a break in filming, or getting back and going to bed. At first they were begging me to talk to her, but after the fifth phone call that I didn't answer, she switched topics. She would ask if Ginger was okay, how everyone was doing, if I was taking care of myself and not killing myself by working out or rehearsing too much. Other times, it would just be here telling me something funny she heard or something that reminded her of me. 

I thought about answering her calls and trying to work things out but that idea was shot down because every time I was about to hit the talk button, that picture would come into my head and the rage and anger I felt when I saw came back up. 

"She was fine at first and just asked about everyone. How everyone was doing and what we were working on. Then she asked about you and asked if you were okay. I told her that you felt betrayed when you saw the pictures and that it was shocking for all of us to see them. I don't think she knew that I noticed her crying but I could hear it in her voice. She said that she knew because you had stopped talking to her. I asked her if they were really just goofing around, and she confirmed that they were just goofing around on set. I don't think she could help it, but she started going off about how their is a double standard in the entertainment industry."

"A double standard?" Ji and I asked at the same time. 

"It's basically like how people portray girls as innocent and pure, but guys can be as y and mean as they can be. Basically, it's how she can't even joke around with guys that she is working with but you can have girls all over you on stage, in music videos, and even kiss you. To tell you the truth, I agree with her. Americans joke around like that, that's why this isn't such a big deal in America. It hasn't even been touched by the news in America but it is a huge story in Korea."

"What are you saying? That I shouldn't be mad at her for being held and holding some other guy?" I asked, trying to sort everything out.

"I'm saying that you should listen to her. You forget that Korean culture and American cultures aren't the same, no matter American-like YG is, we still have our Korean customs. She also told me that before that happened the people she's working with had no clue about Korean customs. After that picture happened, she told them what doing stuff like that could be considered as in Korea. Now I have to go talk to YG hyung and see what he wants to do about this new song. I'll talk to you guys later" said Teddy hyung, walking out. 

I looked at my phone and saw that it was time for one of Tori's phone calls or text to come any second. Ji was playing another song and working on lyrics while I waited for her picture to pop up. Right on schedule, I saw the picture of her face when she saw her room filled with the roses I bought her. It was one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen of her.

"Are you going to talk to her?" asked Ji, pausing the music and coming to sit beside me.

"I think it's time I grow up some" I said, pressing the talk button and waiting for her to say something. 

"Oppa?..... You finally answered my call........ I know you probably don't want to talk to me, so I will do the talking, okay?" 

I looked at Ji and he just sighed and sat back against the couch and listened. 

"Today, we were doing a scene where my character Clarissa was being rescued from the stalker's house. It was funny because the staff decided to play a prank on Thomas. They unscrewed the hinges of the door he was supposed to kick down to where if you tapped it, it would fall to the floor. When he kicked it, it went flying across the room."

I heard her laugh for the first time since she left. I was tempted to speak, but that picture came up in my mind and I almost hit the end button until I heard her speak again. 

"Oppa.... I wanted to let you know that the guy in the picture you saw... he has become the big brother that I never really had. I know I have all the YG guys, but its nice having a brother in America that I joke around with while I'm here. He told me to tell you that he is sorry for pulling that stunt and that if he had known, he would have never done it. Also, tomorrow we are doing a scene in LAX airport. It is the last scene that I'm in with the other cast members and then I just have to get the performance with Morning Star done and I'm make to Korea. Thing is..... it's the kiss scene. I wanted to let you know, so you don't get the wrong idea."

I heard her pause and wait. She was hoping I would say something to her, but right now, my mind was focused on how everything finally clicked together. He was acting like her brother. It explains everything and the difference in cultures and customs explains it too. How could I have not figured this out before?

"Oppa........ I know you probably don't want to see me, and I'll be honest, I feel like my entire world has been taken away because of that. But I want to let you know that I love you and like I said at the beach house, I always will. I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way, because it's all just work. Just like your music videos, right?"

She laughed again, but I could hear how weak her voice had gotten. I only heard it like this when she was crying. Hearing it cause them to come to my eyes as well. 

"Well, I guess I better get to bed so I'll let you go......... Oppa, I love you....... forever and always....... I guess I'll talk to you when I get back to YG in a couple days...... Bye."

I heard her disconnect the call and saw as a tear dropped onto the screen of my phone. I'm putting her through the same pain I had when Mirai was trying to break us up. 

I stood up and went towards the door after grabbing my hat off the table.

"Hey, where are you going?" asked Ji, getting up and following me out the door.

"To LAX airport, if I leave on the next flight, I will probably get their when they are about to start filming" I said, rushing to get to the elevator.

"Why? You can't even talk to her on the phone and now you are going to fly across the ocean to see her" asked Ji, looking at me like I'm crazy.

"I need her. No matter what happens, I can't let her go because of something stupid I did. Go ahead and say it. Say that I'm stupid, I'm an idiot. I made a mistake, but I'm not letting her go. Now, are you coming with me or not?" I asked, looking him dead in the eye. 

"I can't let you two go without a chaperon, now can I?" replied Ji, walking from the elevators to the door outside with me.

When we got to the door, we saw Teddy hyung and YG hyung on the couchs. They looked at us and YG hyung held out something to us.

"Your flight is in 20 minutes. I would hurry if I was you."

"How did you know?" asked Ji, grabbing his ticket.

"I thought you learned not to ask that question?" replied YG hyung.

I laughed and then rushed out with Jiyong to the car outside. On the ride over, I went through the pictures I had of her and the ones of us together. At the end, I found one that I didn't recognize. It was one of the two of us sleeping together on the couch in her dorm.

The caption on the bottom of the picture read "Sleeping Angels in love." I knew that one of the girls had put this on my phone, but I couldn't help but smile while looking at Tori.