Too Much

My Deer Princess

 

 

The tall girl smiled when she sees the familiar car parked outside her house. She bows at the man standing by the car and she exchanged glances with him, wondering why he looks rather uneasy. He opens the car door for her and she sticks her head in to be shocked by the fact that the doe-eye girl isn't wearing her hoodie. The girl smiled at her and it's so obvious that it's not a genuine smile. She's forcing it.

"... What's going on, Mr. Watson?" The tall girl whispered to the man.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that, Sooyoung. The moment Young Miss came back from the camp, she came over to my place to look for Gen and asked him to help her. I'm not sure what they did but Young Miss left his room with her hood down, but she looks like how she is right now - trying hard to hide her fear." Watson sighed.

"Sooyoung...?" The doe-eye girl reaches for Sooyoung's wrist and pulls her into the car, before cuddling right into the girl's embrace. Watson closes the door for them and went back to the driver seat, driving off while the doe-eye girl continues to relax in Sooyoung's embrace. Sooyoung could feel it so clearly. The rapid pumps of the girl's heart and her slightly trembling body. She's obviously not feeling good.

"Yoona, please... Why are you doing this...?" Sooyoung cups the girl's face and forces the girl to look at her, but the girl's eyes dart to the side immediately. "Yoona..."

"I... I... I just want to try it... I... I did pull it down in front of the others before... S... So I'm thinking maybe it's alright now..." Yoona stuttered.

"No, Yoona. It's obviously not alright. You know it too. Just look at you... You're shivering, Yoona... Please... Don't force yourself to do this. We can do this slowly, okay?" Sooyoung sighed, wondering why did Yoona make such a sudden decision. The car stops at this moment, indicating that they have reached. "Mr. Watson, do you have her hoodie or any cap?"

"I think I have a cap with me. It's Gen's cap..." Watson replied, opening the compartment at the front passenger seat and pulling out a black cap from it. Sooyoung took it and tries to put it on Yoona but the girl resisted.

"I... I can do it...! I'm not forcing myself! I will show you!" Yoona protested as she unlocks the door but she froze instantly, with her hand on the handle of the door and eyes on the crowd outside the car. Before she knows it, she's crying in Sooyoung's embrace.

"Yoona... Please stop this... Don't force yourself to do this..." Sooyoung hugs the girl tightly, patting the girl on her back gently.

"But they will give you trouble...! Those people... They will give you trouble because of me...!" Yoona cried out and Sooyoung realizes what is going on immediately.

"You heard what Sunny said...?" Sooyoung asked and the girl nodded. "Look at me Yoona...."

"I don't want you to get into trouble...! Not because of me, Sooyoung...!"

"Yoona, looks at me..."

"I have already given you enough tr-"

"YOONA!" Sooyoung raised her voice a little and the girl jerked, looking up and meeting her eyes timidly. Sooyoung's gaze softens immediately. She wipes the tears away from the girl's face and sighed. "Yoona... I won't get into any trouble. Don't forget who I am. I'm your knight, right? Do you not trust me...?"

"I.. It's not that I don't trust you but-"

"Trust me, Yoona... I will not let anyone hurt you and make you cry anymore... So I won't get into any trouble. Not because of you. My troubles will never be you, Yoona. Can you trust me on this?" Sooyoung questioned softly, caressing Yoona's cheeks gently as she waits for an answer. The girl hesitated, but nodded quietly soon after. Sooyoung smiled and went in for a short kiss, before putting the cap on Yoona and pulling it down to cover as much of Yoona's face as possible. "We don't have your hoodie now so we will use this cap, okay? Think of this as an improvement too. You're already letting yourself to be seen more by just wearing a cap instead of a hoodie. It's already one gigantic step forward. Right?"

Yoona nodded. Sooyoung smiled and get off the car first, and allows Yoona to hide behind her as she leads the girl into the school compound. Everyone is staring at the doe-eye girl, just because they don't really recognize her anymore, without her hoodie. Some of them even walk closer to try to take a peek under the cap but the doe-eye girl kept extremely close to Sooyoung, as though she’s trying to sink into Sooyoung’s back to hide from the others.

SPLASH!

Just when the two girls are about to enter the building, a bucket of water is emptied on their heads without any warning. The doe-eye girl makes a dash into the building quickly before anyone can take a clear look at the tiny being in her arms. She hides into the nearest restroom and let go of the kid in her arms.

“Y… Youngie…” Yoona sobbed. It’s really starting. The pranks. They didn’t even care if it’s the cute tall girl that they like anymore.

“Yoona, it’s nothing. Don’t cry… Please…” Sooyoung cups Yoona’s face with her tiny hands, pulling the girl closer and hugging her.

“It’s not okay…! I don’t like this at all…! They didn’t even stop to think about you anymore, Youngie…!”

“Yoona, listen…”

“NO!” Yoona dashed out of the restroom and stares at the large crowd standing outside. Some of them are trying to find out what happened to the tall girl who disappeared from their sight suddenly while the others are obviously the pranksters who emptied that bucket on them from a higher floor. She started shivering, not because she’s cold but because of the amount of attention on her.

“Yoona…” Sooyoung came out and try to pull her back in. She always bring along some warm water in her bag, just in case accidents happen and she turns into a kid outside. After Yoona left her alone in the restroom, she sipped some quickly to come out to stop Yoona from doing anything foolish. The doe-eye girl resisted and glared at those idiots who are obviously anticipating something here.

Before Sooyoung can stop her, she pulls off her cap and flings it at those guys angrily. Everyone is shocked, but what shock them the most is that the girl fainted almost immediately after doing that. Everything is too much for her to take.

“YOONA!” That’s the last thing she heard before everything turns black completely.