Confront

My Deer Princess

Oops. They're in the same school. By chance.
------_____------

 

“Ever since Sooyoung ssi came, it seems like Yoona ssi had changed quite a bit. Don’t you think so? She seems to have open up more, in terms of her actions.” There had been quite a number of discussions going on among the classmates, after they observed the difference in the behavior of the doe-eye girl.

 

“But she only interacts with Sooyoung ssi.”

 

“At least she interacted. She used to be all by herself, isn’t it?”

 

“She talked as well, didn’t she? I think I saw her whispering to Sooyoung ssi sometimes.”

 

“I heard that she’s laughing at Sooyoung ssi earlier?”

 

“EH? Seriously?”

 

The tall girl sighed as she sits down beside the doe-eye girl after coming back from the restroom. She keeps on hearing those conversations these few days, and today is no exception. People are starting to gain more interest in the doe-eye girl, it seems.

 

“Yoona ssi, is it okay for you to talk to us too? We promise we will not say anything or do anything weird.” One of their classmates requested as he tries to grab the girl’s hand but the girl moves away instantly, slightly hiding behind the tall girl.

 

“Hey, hey… Are you guys forgetting something?” Sooyoung sighed, shooing the guy away.

 

“Ehh… But…”

 

“I’m sure if she will talk to you guys if she’s ready so don’t try to rush her. Shoo, shoo.”

 

“I’m not a dog, Sooyoung ssi…!”

 

“Woof!”

 

“Sooyoung ssi!!”

 

“Araso, araso. Just don’t get too close to her. She doesn’t like it.” Sooyoung grins.

 

“You’re really like her protective boyfriend.”

 

“KNIGHT.”

…..

The tall girl glances around, before walking out from behind the wall with the doe-eye girl following behind her, holding her hand. She managed to find the culprit behind those notes and as promised, she’s going to confront that person. As expected, she soon sees the guy walking out from his classroom with three more guys. The doe-eye girl stares at those guys for a moment and a piece of memory strikes her mind, causing her to back away in fear.

 

“Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked, turning around to check on the girl. She slides both hands under the hood and caressed the cheeks of the girl gently, peeking under the hood to check the expression of the girl. Expectedly, the girl pulls her hood lower before Sooyoung can see anything.

 

“Ah it’s that girl…” Just then, someone noticed them. “The one that confronted me.”

 

“She’s pretty good huh.” Those guys came closer and the doe-eye girl started to tremble. Sooyoung pulls her closer and hugs her immediately, before looking around at those guys with a rather annoyed look.

 

“You’re the one that left those annoying notes aren’t you?” Sooyoung glared at the guy she confronted the last time.

 

“Not just me, girl. We all did.” The guy replied. “We wanted to confirm something about this girl here. She got the same name as someone we know so…”

 

Sooyoung places a hand on the head of the girl, pressing the hood down just in case those guys choose to pull it off suddenly.

 

“It’s them?” Sooyoung asked, softly and Yoona nodded, robotically. “Even if you confirmed that she’s the one that you guys used to know, what are you guys going to do?”

 

“Mm… Not sure. We doesn’t want to get into another heap of troubles so I guess we will just go away after we are done.” The guys smirk, moving closer in attempt to peek at the face under the hood.

 

“G…” Yoona couldn’t take it anymore. “G… GO AWAY…!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!” She pushed Sooyoung away and ran off on her own.

 

“That voice… It’s really her.” Those guys gasped. “But how did she become like this?”

 

“ASK YOURSELVES, IDIOTS.” Sooyoung glared at them and dashed off, going after the doe-eye girl quickly. “Yoona! Yoona, come out! It’s me!”

 

Sooyoung continues to run around, trying to find the girl but in vain for a moment. She soon heard some sobbing from a secluded corner.

 

“Yoona?” She rushed to the sound, and let out a sigh of relief to see the girl there. At least she didn’t run off to other places and stayed in school. “Yoona…” Sooyoung tries to bring the girl into her embrace.

 

“G… GO AWAY!” Yoona resisted.

 

“Yoona! It’s me! Calm down, Yoona. No one is going to hurt you.” Sooyoung managed to constraint the girl’s flailing arms in her own arms.

 

“S… S… Soo… Sooyoung…”

 

“Yes… It’s me, Yoona… I’m here. Don’t worry, Yoona… I will protect you. Don’t you remember? I’m your knight. I will not let anyone hurt you anymore. Calm down, okay? They are not here. They won’t hurt you. I won’t let them.”

 

“Sooyoung… Soo… young…” Yoona grips the blouse of the girl tightly, sobbing in her embrace. “Thank you…”

 

“Don’t worry, Yoona… We can get over this together.” Sooyoung smiles, patting the girl gently. The girl finally calm down, once again, in Sooyoung’s embrace.