Heard

My Deer Princess

 

 

The whole class could only sigh as they look to the back of the bus, at the two girls who are lying across the five seats and sleeping. The incidents had drained their energy too much that sleeping early at night doesn't help much.

"Those two can really just sleep together at any place... As long as they have enough space for Sooyoung ssi to lie on and have a good, comfortable position."

"We shouldn't make any noise. They are really tired out by those idiots. They are the ones who are experiencing everything first hand after all... Let them sleep peacefully."

And they really did keep quiet for the whole bus ride, communicating through notes or text, or doing their own things on their own. The only time they say something is when they are waking the girls up to tell them that they had reached.

For the last day of the camp, they are taken to a famous shopping district near the temple. Though the word 'near' is used, it's not exactly that near as they had to take a 20 minutes bus ride to get there from the temple. It's just near as compared to the other shopping district in the area. The doe-eye girl is busy choosing some handphone straps at a accessory shop, with the tall girl standing close and staring at her as she makes her choice.

"Soo, are the both of you alright now? You fell asleep the moment you lie down. The whole class kept really quiet so that the two of you can sleep peacefully..." The short girl came over with her girlfriend who doesn't look too well at the moment.

"Oh... Yea. Why didn't I see you for the past few days though...?" Sooyoung asked.

"Taengoo fell sick so I was taking care of her in a smaller room whereby there is no one else around except for the teachers who will come from time to time to check on us. Thanks to her I got off all jobs and tiring adventures for the whole camp haha~" The short girl laughed, hugging her girlfriend tightly. "But I heard of what happened from the class. Your injuries..."

"It's fine. Yoona had made sure that it didn't get infection and it's healing fast." Sooyoung grins, pulling Yoona closer and wrapping her arm around the girl's shoulders.

"Good to hear that. I'm going to take this little puppy back to the bus now. Take care." With that, the short girl walks away while supporting her girlfriend, heading straight to the bus to let her girl rest, leaving the two taller ones on their own.

"This~! Is this cute?" Yoona holds the handphone strap in her hand towards Sooyoung, who stares at it for a while before smiling at her with a nod. It has a tiny deer figurine hanging from the strap, and the figurine is really well-made. Yoona grins widely as she makes her purchase immediately, before starting to search Sooyoung's pocket.

"W-What are you doing, Yoona...?" Sooyoung blushed, as she grabs Yoona's hands quickly. She's not used to having someone touch her like that. Even though it's Yoona, it's still kind of weird.

"Phone~ quick! Phone~" Yoona holds out her hand and hurried the girl to hand over her phone quickly. Sooyoung did so obediently and Yoona turns around, seems to be putting something onto it. "Ta-da~" Yoona turns back after a while and Sooyoung stares blankly at the deer handphone strap hanging from her phone.

"Huh? Didn't you want it for yourself...?" Sooyoung takes her phone back, still staring at the deer.

"I got one! Look~ a giraffe~" Yoona showed Sooyoung her own phone and there's a tiny giraffe figurine hanging there.

"... Why giraffe...?"

"Because you're tall. You don't like it...?" Yoona lowers her hand with her phone and she stares at Sooyoung sadly.

"Of course not, princess. I like anything you give me. Be it nickname or whatsoever." Sooyoung smiled, cupping Yoona's face and rubbing her cheeks playfully. Yoona puffs up her cheeks on purpose but to have the air getting hit out by the mischievous girl.

"Choi Sooyoung...!" Yoona pouted, as she jumps on the girl and starts poking the girl harshly.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay! Okay! I surrender!" Sooyoung raised her arms quickly and Yoona gets off her with a proud grin. However, right after getting off, Yoona opens her arms with a smile.

"Carry me~!"

"Jeez... Are you a kid?"

"I don't care~! Unnie~~~" Yoona called out cutely and Sooyoung gives in immediately. How to not give in to such cuteness? In the end, Sooyoung ends up carrying Yoona around on her back and at the end of the journey, the girl actually fell asleep on her back.

She must be really tired... Sooyoung thought, smiling to herself. She held up her phone and stares at the strap that was put on without her permission, not that she mind though. She walks back to the bus, smiling at her short cousin before heading to the back, to lay the girl on her back down gently.

"Soo, I was thinking about it earlier..." Sunny spoke. "I heard how those guys tried everything to try to see her without her hood and after everything failed, I'm pretty sure they will think of other ways. She did pull it off just for you that time, right? I'm worried for you, Soo..."

"... It's okay. I know how to protect myself. I will not let them make my princess cry for me. Seeing Yoona's tears hurts me and if the tears are because of me, I would rather die than to withstand that pain... I'm her knight. I will protect her."

"But Soo, you're a girl. You're her knight but still, you're a girl. And those are a group of guys. I'm sure rumors will spread like wild fire and before you know it, it's not something that you and the class can help in anymore..."

"Are you trying to imply that I should get Yoona to stop hiding?"

"Not that I want you to force her but you should convince h-"

"SUNNY! IT'S NOT AS EASY AS YOU THINK! You don't know what she went through and you didn't experience it! Stepping out of her house is already a brave step for her and now you want me to get her to pull of her only last bit of self-protection she got for herself? She can't handle it, Sunny...! I know it's not good for her to hide forever but... Can't we just let her do it on her own slowly? Let her go at her own pace...? I will definitely help her but..."

"Soo... I'm not asking you to force her to do it. I just want you to tell her that it's not possible for the both of you to escape trouble starting from now on, if she continues hiding like that. I know it's better to let her go at her own pace but can't we just try to help her to speed things up a little, for the sake of your safety and hers...? I don't know how but I'm sure there's a way to do that, right?"

"... Sunny... I... I know but..." Sooyoung sighed, rubbing her temples and cursing at those troublemakers in her mind. Curse them for giving Yoona troubles and curse them for making her cry over and over again. While the two continue conversing, none of them realizes that the supposed to be sleeping doe-eye girl, isn't sleeping at all.