Acceptance

My Deer Princess

 

 

“WOOO~!!!” The whole class cheered as they gather around the two girls. Sooyoung steps up in front of Yoona automatically, to hide Yoona behind her back. The doe-eye girl stares at the back of her reliable knight shyly, her mind still thinking about the sudden loud confession made by the taller girl.

 

“I KNEW IT, SOOYOUNG SSI! I knew that your relationship with Yoona ssi isn’t that simple!” The classmate who is sitting in front of Sooyoung in their usual seats laughed out loud as he points at the obviously embarrassed tall girl.

 

“W… What…? C… C… Can’t I like her a… as a… a… friend?” Once again, Sooyoung tries to deny everything and hearing that makes Yoona’s heart drops. Pouting, she pushes Sooyoung away and makes her way out of the crowd, heading back to her own seat to sit down. Sooyoung blinked, as she tries to understand what’s wrong. Her cousin is shaking her head and sighing.

 

“Yoona ssi seems upset. Is it because Sooyoung ssi denies her feeling over and over again?”

 

“Sooyoung ssi, you ought to think about Yoona ssi’s feelings.”

 

“Just now, Sunny ssi said about her being jealous right? So it’s mutual liking!”

 

“Sooyoung ssi! Go and apologize now!”

 

Sooyoung got pushed back to her own seat while she’s still trying to process whatever is going on in her mind. She sits down nervously, beside the doe-eye girl, who looks out of the window immediately.

 

“Y… Y… Yoona…” Sooyoung leans closer. “C… Can you please tell me how you feel? Do you feel the same as I do…? I… I’m sorry for being dense but if I hurt you, please tell me… Yoona…”

 

Yoona turns around to stare at Sooyoung for a while, before looking at the crowd gathering around them, before looking down while biting her lips. Seeing that, their classmates take a step back to give them space, but their eyes are still fixated on them, anticipating Yoona’s reply.

 

“Yoona, I’m going to take your silence as… as… as acceptance… okay?” Sooyoung leans even closer, making everyone else even more excited. Slowly, Sooyoung slides a hand onto Yoona’s left cheek and push it towards herself, going in for something obvious. Yoona’s face went red completely but she didn’t move at all.

 

RING~!

 

Right at that moment, the bell rang and the teacher steps in to see the whole crowd of students at the back of the classroom.

 

“GUYS! Back to your seats please!” The teacher cleared his throat on purpose and raised his voice to make himself clear. The two girls got startled and move away from each other instantly, but the tint of redness on their cheeks remains.

 

“SIR! YOU CAME IN AT THE WRONG TIMING!” The whole class grumbled, and a short debate session begins, between the students and the teacher. While all these are going on, the two girls at the back exchange glances briefly and smiled at each other.