Likes

My Deer Princess

 

 

The doe-eye girl tries to control her breathing as those guys stood in front of her, as she hides behind the back of the tall girl, her knight. The guys stare closely, specifically on the one who is hiding from them.

 

“We…” The guys spoke. “We are sorry… We weren’t thinking right that time and we are still young… we…”

 

“So what, idiots? You hurt her! You left that scar in her and that fact will never change!” Sooyoung retorted angrily. The guys kept quiet, biting their lips guiltily. Sooyoung held on to Yoona’s hand tightly, giving her comfort through that little warmth that she can gives. “Don’t ever appear in front of her again.”

 

“We…”

 

“… I… I don’t… w… w… want to see you again…” With difficulty, Yoona voiced out her thought with Sooyoung still in front of her. Sooyoung looks behind, quite surprised by that but she smiled. Yoona managed to take a step out. It’s one big step. “I… can… can never forgive you…”

 

“… Yoona ssi…” Those guys flinched at those words.

 

“Go… away…” Yoona bits her lips, as she takes one brave step forward, away from Sooyoung’s protection and towards those guys. Surprisingly, those guys took a step back when she did that. “I hate you!”

 

“Y… Y… Yoona… ssi…”

 

“That’s enough, Yoona… You have done well.” Sooyoung grins, embracing the girl. “Let’s go now.” She held the hand of the girl and brings her away from the group without another word, leaving those guys alone.

-----

“Unnie~ I heard that you confronted your fear today~” The kid jumps on the doe-eye girl the moment she gets on the car. The doe-eye girl blinked twice and smiled, ruffling the hair of the kid as she stares out of the window, at the house that her car is parked beside.

 

“… Neh. It’s because of your unnie, Youngie… She gave me strength.” Yoona’s smile got wider. It’s the first time Sooyoung had seen the girl smiling this widely. “She’s… a knight sent to me by God…”

 

“Knight?” Sooyoung grins in secret.

 

“Yes. Knight. My handsome knight.”

 

“Say, unnie. Do you like my unnie?” Sooyoung decided to just tease the girl a little for fun, not expecting to get anything good from this.

 

“Mm? Why not?” Yoona smiles and at that moment, the time in Sooyoung’s world seems to have stopped. It’s so captivating. “She’s wonderful.” Sooyoung’s heart skipped a beat for that instant and her face turns red immediately. She isn’t expecting to hear this kind of answer from the girl. “Why is your face so red, Youngie? Are you okay?”

 

“I… I… I… I’m okay…! I… It’s a little… warm… I… I guess…” Sooyoung moves away from Yoona’s embrace quickly and starts to fan herself. Yoona looks blank, not understanding how is it possible for someone to feel warm when there’s air-conditioning. “You… like… my unnie…?”

 

“Uh huh. She’s a really great person. A great friend. My knight.” Yoona nodded.

 

Ah… As a friend… Okay… Sooyoung let out a sigh mentally, finally calming down.