Notes

My Deer Princess

 

 

The doe-eye girl’s hand trembles as she held up the paper that she finds under her desk the moment she arrives. Is this why she keeps on having nightmare these few days and even have a very uneasy feeling? She stuffs her hand under her desk again to find another paper. These papers had been here for sometime but since she rarely put any thing under the desk so she didn’t notice it. But today she knocks into the table by accident and one of the paper drops down, finally getting her attention.

 

Are you the Yoona that we know? That’s the one that is written on the first piece.

 

Why are you hiding your face and voice?

 

Why are you hiding such a beautiful face and voice from the others?

 

Meet me after school at the backyard

 

“What is it, Yoona?” Sooyoung snatches the paper away after seeing Yoona’s expression and her expression changes immediately upon seeing the content of those notes.

 

… she never comes to meet me no matter how many times I slot a note under her desk…

 

“I think I know the culprit…” Sooyoung crushed the paper and even pulled out the rest of the notes from under the desk of the doe-eye girl, to dump them all away. “Don’t mind about them, Yoona. I will deal with it for you.” Sooyoung smiles at the girl as she pats the girl gently.

 

Sooyoung… Yoona held Sooyoung’s hand in hers and stares at it, looking lost and in deep thoughts. Sooyoung blinked, trying to figure out what is going on in Yoona’s mind at this point of time.

 

I… I will go with you… Yoona scribbled on a paper and showed it to Sooyoung, but the tall girl merely take the paper away and crushed it.

 

“No. You, go home right after school. I will not allow you to go near those people again.” Sooyoung looks determined. Determined to keep Yoona away from those people no matter what. Yoona frowns and pulls Sooyoung closer, slightly hugging the girl. “Yoona…”

 

“I… have to face them… They will not let it off so easily, so even if I don’t go now, they will still find ways to get to me somehow…” Yoona whispered in a voice, so soft that only Sooyoung can hear.

 

“But…” Sooyoung didn’t really like the idea but she can’t deny that Yoona would have to face her fear someday.

 

“You’re with me, aren’t you…? My knight…” That makes Sooyoung smile unknowingly. Sooyoung nodded and moves away, giving Yoona gentle smile.

 

“Araso. Stay behind me and let me be your knight. We will face it together and get it over and done with together, okay?” Sooyoung grins, her hand going under the hood and ruffling the hair of the girl.

 

“Jeez, if the others didn’t know they would have thought that the two of you are some kind of sweet, pretty couple.” Just then, the guy sitting in front of them turns around and sighed at them.

 

“W… Wh… What…?” Sooyoung’s cheeks turn red instantly, but it’s not very visible.

 

“I’m not lying, Sooyoung ssi. The conversation and behaviors of the two of you are so suspiciously sweet sometimes, that people could easily misunderstand that the two of you aren’t just normal friends. Like honestly, which normal person would tell her friend that she will be her knight or whatsoever?”

 

“I… It’s just… just a figure of speech…! Bec… because Yoona is weak so I need to protect and in tales, knights are the one protecting the princesses, aren’t they?” Sooyoung starts to stutter as she speaks, obviously because she’s embarrassed. “And, it’s not nice to eavesdrop!”

 

“I’m not eavesdropping. You talk about it, loud enough for me to hear.”

 

“T… Then a… at least pretend not to hear it…!”

 

“Jeez. Araso. Calm down. You’re blushing so much!”

 

“I… I’m…” Sooyoung touches her own face immediately. “I’m not…!”

 

“Yea you’re not blushing a lot, but you’re blushing. But, why did you react to my words?” The guy smirks.

 

“Jeez! I’m not going to talk to you anymore!” Sooyoung cuts off the conversation instantly by turning away, to see Yoona laughing silently at the side. “D… Don’t laugh!”

 

“She’s laughing?” The guy raised an eyebrow.

 

“Silent laughter. Never heard of that?” Sooyoung sighed, fanning herself in the process as she tries to calm herself down.