Love

My Deer Princess

 

 

“She still refuses to come out to eat huh…?” The teacher asked, when he passed by the room of the girls. A whole group of the girls were sitting outside, with a tray of food beside them.

 

“She wanted to wait for Sooyoung ssi to wake up and eat with her…” The girls sighed, looking into the room, at the girl who’s sitting anxiously beside the still-unconscious girl, holding her hand tightly. It’s decided that they will let Sooyoung rest here first since her injuries aren’t too bad and she didn’t hit her head but if she remains unconscious for too long, they will bring her to nearest hospital instantly.

 

The doe-eye girl bits her lips hard, staring at her knight as she tries to hold in her tears. She doesn't want Sooyoung to see her crying the moment she wakes up. She knows Sooyoung doesn’t like seeing her cry.

 

“…” Sooyoung fidgeted a little and Yoona leans closer immediately. Those outside got up too, waiting for the girl to speak. Sooyoung starts to open her eyes slowly and she sighed the moment she sees Yoona’s face. Sliding her hand on Yoona’s cheek, she pulls the girl closer and kisses her on the lips. “Didn’t I tell you not to bite your lips? Your precious sweet lips… You have to take good care of them, Yoona…”

 

“P… P… PABO!” Yoona burst into tears. She couldn’t hold it in anymore. The girls from outside rushed into the room, feeling happy that Sooyoung woke up. None of them could relax a single bit while the girl is still unconscious. They are too, worried about her, but they know that the situation is much worse for Yoona so they didn’t show it, hoping that it will cheer the girl up a little.

 

“Jeez, look at her… She’s scolding me the moment I wake up…” Sooyoung chuckles, pulling Yoona closer and hugging her tightly. “Sorry, Yoona… I made you cry…”

 

“Those guys really overdid it… Those guys from our class almost beat them up just now but the teachers stopped them just in time.” The girls sighed. “And you should get up and eat now, Sooyoung ssi. Yoona ssi had been waiting for you to eat with her.”

 

“Jeez… Who’s the pabo now?” Sooyoung pinches Yoona’s cheek with a smile.

 

“H… How can I eat when I’m so worried about you, pabo…!” Yoona pouted.

 

“And Sooyoung ssi… Yoona ssi did something surprising just now…” The girls continue.

 

“Huh?” Sooyoung stares at them, covering Yoona’s mouth to prevent her from stopping the girls from continuing with their story.

 

“Because those jerks refuse to help her save you, she went down on her on. She carried you on her back and tried to climb up the slope on her own. But I suppose the hood is blocking her vision… So in front of the others, she pulls her hood off and continue climbing until our guys came and spotted you two on the slope. She broke down immediately, asking them for help.” The girls informed Sooyoung of everything that happened after she lost consciousness just now. Sooyoung looks at the girl in her arms in shock. Did her princess just overcome her fear in that instant when she’s in danger…? Just for her? “W… We will leave the two of you alone for now. We will put the food at the side.” With that, the girls got up and left the room, closing the door after them.

 

“… Yoona… Did you do that for me…? Just for me…? Even though you’re still…” Sooyoung asked, sighing.

 

“W… What can I do…? Those guys wouldn’t help even though I begged them… And… And it’s uphill… M… M… My range of vision under the hood doesn’t include any angle above my eye level…” Yoona bits her lips. Thinking about it still makes her shiver. How she just showed her face to everyone else other than her classmates.

 

“… Yoona… I love you…” Sooyoung hugs the girl tightly. Though she feels bad for making Yoona go through all that, she felt so happy. She felt special. She becomes even more determined to protect this precious little deer. To love her more than her heart can give. To love her till forever.

 

“Pabo…”

 

“Yah…”

 

“L… Love you too…”

 

“That’s more like it.”