Help

My Deer Princess

Here come's the weird ability I talked about in the Foreword =w=;;
It's just something random ha... And I'm currently trying to find a reason to explain that XDDD
-----_____-----

 

Everyone has a secret. Sooyoung has it too. And her secret is something that shouldn’t be known because people will start to look at her weirdly. People might even avoid her, like she’s some sort of witch or cursed soul.

 

Well, it’s not exactly wrong to say that she’s cursed. She, herself, isn’t sure of what is going on either but after entering middle school, she realized a rather shocking thing about her own body. It was when she got back home one day, sweating too much from the hot weather, and she decided to take a cold bath that she usually won’t do.

 

She didn’t realize anything while bathing, except for the fact that the showerhead seems to have gotten further from her and everything else looks taller. She then started to realize that her hands and feet got smaller, so did her body. A look into the mirror, she sees a kid. She’s the kid.

 

Her parents brought her to the doctors and none of them could explain what happened. They did various checks on her and everything about her is normal. They could only call it the shrinking virus, which reacts only to temperature of the water. She would shrink to kid-size when she comes in contact with cold water and only be able to get back to her normal size when she drinks some warm water.

 

She had to move away immediately when someone discovered her secret accidentally and all the mocking starts. It was definitely unpleasant for her but she dealt with it pretty well, with support from her parents.

 

The school bell rang, signaling the end of school. Yoona packed up really quickly and headed off before Sooyoung could even react. Hurriedly, she packs up as well and went after the girl, but she couldn’t find the girl anywhere. Sighing, she decided to just go home.

 

“Sooyoung ssi.” It’s her classmates. ”Let’s hang out for a while, shall we? A get-to-know session, maybe?”

 

“… Mm… Okay.” Sooyoung checks the time and agreed readily. Her parents aren’t strict on her, as long as she returns home before ten, they will not say anything about it.  She waited for the group to be ready and followed them out of the school.

 

Sooyoung noted that the students stopped in their tracks, around the front yard. Some of them are even backing away, towards the school building.

 

“Damn… Sooyoung ssi, let’s get back first.” One of her classmates start to push everyone else towards the building and no one resisted against the push.

 

“What’s going on?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“The local gangsters are here again. They go around the schools in the area, catching students to extort money from them. If one isn’t enough, they will go after another one, until they get enough money for their cigarette and alcohols. Seems like it’s our turn again so it’s better to stay in school until they’re gone. They can’t enter the school ground.” Her classmates explained.

 

“Hey, boss. Look. It’s a little deer.” Seems like someone got caught. But, deer? It doesn’t feel right. Sooyoung pushes her classmates aside for a moment to take a look, to see a familiar figure standing closest to the gate where the gangsters are standing around.

 

“You’re right… Come on, little deer. Come to your daddy now.” The gangsters are signaling to that person to go over, since they’re not allow to step into the school compound and that person is still within school ground and out of their reach.

 

“I… It’s Yoona… Guys, Yoona…” Sooyoung tries to stop her classmates but none of them is willing to go with her.

 

“Sooyoung ssi, we can’t help her. We would love to but it’s too dangerous to go against those people. We are too weak, Sooyoung ssi.” Her classmates move back even more and Sooyoung clenches her fists. Things have to be done to stop those gangsters from coming over from time to time and extort money as they like. Someone has to do something about it.