Brave

My Deer Princess

 

“Come here, deer. Or do you want us to go over. Stepping over the boundary for a short distance won’t be a big deal, you know.” The gangsters are moving closer to the gate, in front of the frozen girl. Seeing that the girl isn’t moving, one of the gangsters stepped over the gate line, shocking everyone else. Yoona got caught immediately while the other students ran away, back into the school building.

 

“Y… Yoona…!” Sooyoung shouted, attempting to run over but her classmates pulled her back. “Let me go! We have to help her!”

 

“Where’s your wallet, little deer?” The gangster grins evilly at her, and she remains quiet, as expected. “I don’t have a lot of patience, girl.”

 

“Boss, her legs look pretty awesome…”

 

“Girl, give us your wallet or do you prefer giving yourself to us? Even though we don’t know how you look like with your weird hood covering your face like that, I think we should be able to enjoy quite a bit with your body.” The boss came over with a smirk, grabbing her chin toughly.

 

“LET HER GO!” Just then, Sooyoung got free from the hold of her classmates and she makes a dash towards the gangsters and the girl.

 

“Oh? Seems like we got another company.” The boss smirks, staring at the incoming girl.

 

“… My wallet…” Just then, Yoona spoke, in a rather soft voice.

 

“Huh? What?” The guy didn’t catch that properly.

 

“Is behind you…” Right at that moment, a car screeched to a stop outside the school, almost knocking into the gangsters who are standing there. They start to curse and swear at the car, until the doors open and a few men in suits step out from the car. Sooyoung reaches the spot and pulls Yoona away from the guy, with an addition high kick to the guy’s chin while those men in suit subdued the rest of the gang.

 

Sooyoung stares at the scene in shock, while she holds the girl tightly in her embrace. Where did those men came from? No, she should be wondering why are those men here? Why did they appear suddenly and attack the gangsters?

 

“Sooyoung ssi!” Those classmates came over and stopped beside the two girls, watching as the men in suit drag the gangsters away and tossed them far from the school.

 

“Sorry, we came late, Young Miss.” The men lined up in front of the group after getting rid of the gangsters and bowed, not getting up after that.

 

“Are they under you, Sooyoung ssi…?” The group asked and the tall girl shook her head. She turns to the girl in her embrace and stares blankly. She swears she heard something coming out from this girl earlier. Her voice. But it’s not very clear, as the screeching sound cover it up.

 

“Miss, would you please let go of our Young Miss?” Just then, one of those men came over and asked politely. “Thanks for helping out. We will relay your kindness to our Master.”

 

Sooyoung let go of the girl slowly and watches as the girl follows the men to the car, getting on and driving off. She thought she sees the girl looking back at her, in that very slight moment before the door closes.

 

“… Woa…. Woah… We never knew she’s from that kind of family… With bodyguards and stuffs…” Shortly after the car left, those classmates with Sooyoung started to get a little excited. They never see that car before, nor those men. It’s something new that they learnt about that mysterious girl.

 

“… Sorry guys, I’m a little tired today. Can we do the get-to-know session tomorrow instead?” Sooyoung didn’t even turn around to face the group. Honestly, this is too much drama for her first day of school. She getting more and more interested in that girl, but she doesn’t want to dig too much into someone else’s affair without permission. Her classmates bid her goodbye and they went separate ways.

 

Just who is she…? She must be rich, seeing that expensive car. Is she someone important as well? Why would someone hire so many guards if they aren’t anyone important?

 

Sooyoung has tons of questions in her mind right now. So much that it’s giving her a headache. But that wasn’t the worse part. A sudden flash of lightning and before she knew it, it’s raining heavily. And something obvious happened to her.