Knight

My Deer Princess

 

 

The tall girl blinked twice when she walks out from her house to see a car parked right outside it. She has seen this car too many times and she knows who is it immediately. A guy steps out from the car and bowed at her before walking closer.

 

"Good morning, Sooyoung ssi." The man greeted her. "Our Young Miss decided to fetch you and go to school with you."

 

"Oh... Okay..." Sooyoung nodded, following the man to the car and getting on the car to see the doe-eye girl in her hoodie again. The moment she got on, the girl moves closer suddenly and hugs her tightly. "Eh? Y... Yoona...?"

 

Yoona kept quietly and continues to hug the girl tightly. As expected, she had fallen in love with this feeling (I don't mean falling in love with Sooyoung) since the first time. A warm embrace of someone that cares. Sooyoung didn't even question her and embraces her gently.

 

"Did something happen, Mr. Watson?" Sooyoung asked, when they are halfway on the road. It's rather strange that Yoona would initiate a hug for no reason and hug her for so long too.

 

"I'm not exactly sure but it seems like Young Miss got a nightmare last night so she had been in quite a gloomy mood since just now." Watson replied, looking at the girls through the rear mirror as he drives. Sooyoung opens slightly and closes it again.

 

About that day...? Sooyoung looks down, at the girl in her embrace, and pats her gently.

 

"Yoona... Are you feeling better?" Noticing that they are reaching the school soon, Sooyoung rubs the back of the doe-eye girl gently as she asked in a soft and calming voice.

 

"... I... It feels so real..." Yoona spoke. "... As though... It's that day all over again..."

 

"It's alright, Yoona. It's just a dream. You got your family with you, supporting you with all they can afford. You got Mr. Watson guarding you as well, so no one can hurt you. And most importantly, right now, you got me by your side. I promise I will not leave you alone whenever we are together, okay? No one will hurt you now. No one can. I will beat the crap out of anyone that dares to hurt you." Sooyoung grins at the girl who is moving away slowly, staring at her with a blank look for a moment before going in for another hug.

 

"... T... Thank you..." Yoona feels safe, but yet uneasy at the same time. That dream hasn't haunt her for months but it came back all of the sudden. She has a very bad feeling about it but she couldn't think of the reason why.

 

The car stops in front of the school, allowing both girls to get off. Sooyoung is the first to get off and she turns around immediately, reaching a hand out to Yoona.

 

"Hold my hand, Yoona." Sooyoung smiles sweetly at the girl. Yoona spaced out for a moment before holding her hand with a faint smile. It's only visible to Sooyoung, who is standing right in front of her.

 

Sooyoung... Please don't ever let go... Yoona gets out of the car slowly with Sooyoung pulling her slightly. Don't let go of my hand and leave me alone...

 

"I won't let go. Stay behind me and let me be your knight." Sooyoung grins. Yoona is shocked for a moment. It's as though their thoughts had connected somehow, and Sooyoung is currently answering to her wish. Yoona smiles to herself, and nodded in response to Sooyoung's words.

 

Sooyoung, my knight...