CHAPTER 8: Playing bets again

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

YURI'S POV
 
True to my word I joined them for lunch and Mina was delighted. I miss having lunch with the gand except that I'd have to see dinohead as well. He did not say anything about what happened about making me promise to eat lunch with them again. I would just continue to ignore dinohead. 
 
"Hey why don't we all go out after class and watch a movie?", said Key all of a sudden.
 
"Yeah we have not done that for a long time", said Onew getting excited. Sometimes he acts like he's younger than Taemin. I really don't know why they like watching movies with all of us. I mean they can do it with their dates or something.
 
"We have practice hyung", said Taemin.
 
"It's ok we can wait", said Key happily. 
 
"Jonghyun are you in?", Onew asked dinohead and he just nodded. Even dinohead likes it.
 
"Great. We'll see you at the gym later", said Onew who already got up. "I need to go somewhere". I wathc him walk away from us, he was walking too fast he bumped into a girl.
 
"What are we gonna watch?", I heard Key asked.
 
So after my last class I went to the gym. Minho and Taemin were already doing their usual practice with their team. While Key and Onew were busy doing something at the sidelines Mina just sat by their side watching. As I got closer I notice that they were playing chess.
 
"Hey Yuri", greeted Key when I got near them.
 
"Looks like you're busy", I said and sat beside Mina. Onew was silent maybe analyzing what his next move will be.
 
"Yuri you're smart maybe you can help me...", Onew said after a while.
 
"Yah hyung that's not fair! We have a bet so don't go start asing Yuri for help", complained Key.
 
"Don't worry Key - ", but I was interrupted by dinohead's arrival.
 
'Yah what are you doing?", Jonghyun asked.
 
"Playing chess of course", answered Key then he got excited. "I've got an idea why don't we play it with Yuri and Jonghyun?!"
 
"Sure...", I said not waiting if Jonghyun would agree.
 
"Losers would have to be our slaves for 3 days", said Onew. "That's what we ahve agreed."
 
"Ok", Jonghyun said.
 
'Great! Now Jonghyun you'll be Yuri's partner."
 
"WHAT?! Why?", Jonghyun looked at me like I was the one who suggested it. "Why don't you become her partner?'
 
"Why not just make a draw of whou would be your partner, to be fair", said Mina who was already getting four lollipops from her bag. "Here", she hid the lollipops head. "Two of them are chocolate flavored while the other two are orange flavored."
 
Each one of us took one lollipop. I got the chocolate flavored one same as Onew. So that means Jonghyun and Key would be partners.
 
"Yes! I'm glad we're partners", said Onew.
 
"Uhm... Onew it's just that I don't really know how to play", I said and Onew's jaw dropped. "You can teach me first. I'm a fast-learner I promise. Give us 20 minutes.'
 
"Make that 15", said Jonghyun with a smirk. "Onew better start now.", he said giving Key a high five.
 
"Yuri are you serious...??", Onew whispered to me.
 
"Uhm yes. Come on just tell me the basics and I'll work things out of my own as we play", I told him and give an encouraging smile. Onew first told me the rules then what the chess pieaces can do.
 
"Yah your time is up!", yelled Jonghyun looking very impatient.
 
"Give us another minute", yelled Onew too.
 
"We have to start now before their practice is done", said Key referring to the basketball team so we had no choice but to play. First match was with Key and Onew. Unfortunately Onew lost.
 
"I told you Yuri should have gone first", said Key. Onew just looked at me. 
 
"Don't worry", I said to Onew. Actually I'm very good with chess. I've played it since I was five. I let Key thingk that he was winning but completely turned the game around when I said "CHECKMATE!". He had looked at me with this confuse face. Jonghyun even checked to board. Onew and Mina cheered for me.
 
"YAH! How could you lose?", yelled Jonghyun. Key just scratch his head. "Get up, it's my turn." Jonghyun was better than Key or Onew but definitely no match for me. PUAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
"YAH!", he looked at me with his very annoyed face and I suppress a smile. "Are you sure you've just learned how to play today?"
 
"Of course" I lied. Dinohead turned to Mina.
 
"It's true", said Mina. I'm glad she's always on my side. Dinhohead believed Mina, he does not really trust me. He made wrong decision when he moved his knight away from the king. I had to let him think he's doing good and delay my triumph! LOL I'm so good with this. After 15 minutes the game ended with me as the winner!
 
"WOOHOO!!!", Onew and I both screamed with delight after the game.
 
"YAH JUNG YURI!", Jonghyun yelled. "You tricked us!"
 
"DOn't be such a loser Jonghyun, we won fair and square", I said to him and stuck out my tounge.
 
"So the two of you would be our slaves for two days...", Onew said grinning. "I can't wait!"
 
"Can't wait for what?", asked Taemin. We have not even noticed that they're done with practice. Mina told him what happened.
 
"It's not fair", whined Key as we started to leave the gym.
 
"Don't worry Key we'll let you choose what movie to watch", said Mina to console him.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________
 
oh no.. playing bets again...
 
i know i have not updated for a while.. sorry guys.. plese do leave comments. i love reading them...
 
have a great weekend guys