Chapter 57

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

 

It happened too fast. Like a fast forward movie scene. One moment she was in Jonghyun’s office, the next she was in a bar. Her phone turned off, she didn’t want to talk to anyone yet. She felt cheated and wronged. She must have looked stupid to them.

She was in her room, on her bed but something felt wrong. Her whole body is aching feeling sore and tired she sat up and saw the mess in her small bedroom. She checked the time seeing that it’s already 9:32 in the morning. She felt nervous all of a sudden, because she could not remember the events that happened last night. Well she could remember going into a bar, she wanted to drink. She wanted to get drunk because she once heard Key said that sometimes drinking helps him forget the pain. But all she could remember was ordering a drink and then –

Yuri stood up as she heard a door being closed. Someone’s in her apartment aside from her.

“Omo,” she uttered and almost cursed. She didn’t drink alone last night. She checked herself and found she was only in her underwear. She grabbed a shirt and sweatpants, each step she took felt like eternity. It could not be him. She could not have spent the night with him!

She felt her hand trembled as she readied herself to get out. Hand on the doorknob she took a deep breath and pulled the door open.

And there he was, wearing only his jeans and with a towel in one hand. He smiled awkwardly when he saw her.

“Good morning Yuri.” His voice felt real. She could hear him. Everything is real.

“Kikwang…”

_

“Are you sure she’s not home?” Jonghyun asked Mina once again and got the same answer.

“I don’t know where she is Jonghyun, I’m worried about her.” Mina voiced out her concern.

“I’ve been trying to reach her but she turned off her phone.” Jonghyun said.

“Why don’t you go home first and sleep?” Sohyun said seeing Jonghyun’s dark circles around the eyes.

“Yeah hyung, rest and eat first. We’ll try to look for Yuri.” Taemin said pushing Jonghyun towards Key’s car.

“Promise me you’ll call once you find her,” Jonghyun said before going in.

“Of course we will,” Taemin replied. Key waved at them as he drove away.

“Where could Yuri be?” Minho asked no one in particular.

“Taemin and I would look for her in the places she frequents,” Mina suggested.

“We could just wait here in case she comes home,” Sohyun said. So the two couples split up. Minho and Sohyun remaining outside Yuri’s apartment to wait for her, all of them hoping that nothing bad had happened to her.

_

“I’m sorry Jonghyun,” Key said once they were already inside Jonghyun’s house.

“It’s not your fault you know,” Jonghyun said.

“I didn’t really believe you’d be here already since you said you’re still in London. I didn’t know you were planning on surprising her.”

“Yeah, but things really got messed up,” Jonghyun siged and sat on a chair.

“How’s Hana doing?”

“She’s good. I didn’t tell her about Yuri though,” Jonghyun answered. “I don’t want her to worry.”

“Yeah, I agree. Yuri would probably show up later,” Key said willing himself to believe at what he just said.

“I just want to make sure she’s safe,” Jonghyun said.

“By the way, when are you going to tell your mom about Hana being pregnant?” Key decided to ask. “It’s not like you can keep it a secret forever.”

“I’m still waiting until Hana’s decided to tell her. This is not easy for her.”

“Are you really going to take responsibility of this?” Key asked even though he already knew Jonghyun’s answer.

“It’s all my fault, if we didn’t drink too much that night this would not have happened. I was just too happy we closed the deal.”

“There’s no use blaming yourself Jonghyun. What’s done is done. Don’t worry everything’s going to be alright soon.”

“I hope so too Key.”

_

YURI’S POV

It was already dark when I decided to go home. My mind is still not clear. I needed more time before I face everyone. But it seems like that’s not going to happen since Mina, Sohyun, Taemin and Minho are all waiting for me.

“Hey, what are you all doing here?” I asked. If there’s one thing I can see on their faces it’s relief. Have they been waiting long?

Mina suddenly hugged me. “I’m so glad you’re okay,” Mina said crying. Now I felt like crap. I just made everyone worry.

“Hey Mina it’s okay, I’m okay. I’m sorry I made you all worry.” I told her and she let go of me to wipe off her tears.

“Where were you all day?” This came from Minho. I have not seen him act like this before. He looks like he’s going to give me a long lecture for not letting them know where I was or even just sending them a message.

“I was out, just thinking…” I answered and my thoughts came back last night where I probably spent with Kikwang. I tried to ask him about it but I just could not utter the words afraid I might hear something that would change my life forever. When Kikwang left I took a  bath, scrubbed myself till my skin hurt. I wanted to rid myself of everything even though I clearly could not remember all the events. Everything tells me that something happened but my heart tells me otherwise.

“Why don’t we all go inside?” Taemin said waking me from my thoughts.

Mina offered to make dinner for everyone, Taemin volunteered to help her. Sohyun and Minho waited and opted to seat together on my small couch. I excused myself saying I needed to change my clothes. But when I got into my room I felt like I would suffocate. Visions of last night flashed back all of a sudden.

Kikwang approaching me, telling me I should not drink alone.

Kikwang giving me another drink.

Kikwang telling me I look beautiful.

Kikwang saying he should never had let me go.

Kikwang offering to send me home.

Kikwang opening the door to my room.

Kikwang caressing my face.

Kikwang kissing me.

I staggered to get to my bed, since my knees suddenly felt weak. Would I really want to remember everything that has happened last night?

“Yuri, hey are you okay?” I heard Mina calling me. I opened my mouth to answer but no sound came out. I close my eyes and let the tears fall. How could one night change everything in my life?

“Yuri?” Mina called again the door slowly opening. I felt her sit beside me patting my back. “It’s okay Yuri…”

“No Mina it’s not okay,” I struggled to get the words out of my mouth. “It’s never going to be okay again.”

“No don’t say that,” Mina said taking me into her arms, her voice so soft I wanted to just believe her. “Everything will be fine. Just talk to Jonghyun and –”

“I can’t,” I said. “I won’t be able to face him again. I did something wrong.”

“What do you mean?”

“Last night I got drunk,” I said even before I get cowardice eat me up. “Last night, me and Kikwang…” I fought back the tears that are choking me. “I spent the night with Kikwang, here in my apartment. Right here, in this bed.” Mina’s face was in utter disbelief. “Mina I was drunk and –” I could no longer continue.

“Shhh, I understand Yuri. It’s okay,” she kept on saying it’s okay even though I know that it’s never going to be okay. “Trust me Yuri.” I heard her. The door opens a little and I recognized Taemin’s voice asking if I’m alright. Mina told him that they should just eat first, that she’ll take care of me.

“Yuri just needs to rest,” she said and Taemin left us.

That’s right I just need to rest. A good sleep is what I need, maybe when I wake up everything would all be a dream. Jonghyun would still be in London. Hana is not pregnant. And I have not slept with Lee Kikwang.

 

 

____________

okay who wants some ice cream?

How's the chapter so far?

Comments guys :)