Chapter 6: Why he did it

hate to love you, love to hate you [Sequel to: BECAUSE OF A BET]

 

Yuri could not believe that Jonghyun kissed her then left her standing stupid in front of everybody. She promised he'd pay big for doing it but the next few days that followed she had not seen Jonghyun. She asked Mina about it and was told Jonghyun went to New York with his parents for a business trip and woould be gone for a week.
 
Mina knew about the kiss but refrain from asking Yuri about it. Yuri buried herself with school stuff and karate. She'll have her revenge once Jonghyun gets back.
 
Yuri deposited some of her things to her locker before she went home. She was all done when Kikwang approached her.
 
"Can we talk?", Kikwang asked. Yuri just shrugged and continued to walk. "I've heard about the thing that happened at the party".
 
Yuri slowed down. "What about it?"
 
"You kissed Kim Jonghyun", said Kikwang looking at Yuri like she'd done something wrong to him. Yuri kept on walking. "Don't you have anything to say?"
 
"What would you want me to say?", Yuri asked.
 
"Well, we broke up not long ago and now you're kissing some random guy in a party?", Kikwang said his voice a bit louder now.
 
"What's wrong with me kissing another guy?", said Yuri facing Kikwang. "And why are you asking me silly questions? We're thru and you're the one who ended it. So don't you go accusing me of anything".
 
"Yah! Jung Yuri, don't you have any respect for what we had?", said Kikwang and grabbed Yuri's arm.
 
Yuri's face grew hot from anger and she wanted to punch Kikwang.
 
"It's not been a month and you've replaced me! And worse you got that Kim Jonghyun, a complete womanizer."
 
"So what?"
 
"Are you doing this to get my attention?" Yuri closed her eyes and counted to 3 to calm herself.
 
"You know what, go find your girlfriend and stop disturbing me", she then walked fast and was glad that Kikwang stopped following her. The nerve of him!
 
---------------------------------------
 
Jonghyun was gone for 2 whole weeks by the time he got back the news about their kiss was old stuff. Yuri was still angry at him of course and refuse to eat lunch with them whenver Jonghyun was around which was often.
 
"Taemin where's Mina?", asked Onew.
 
"She's with Yuri", answered Taemin.
 
"Is she not going to eat lunch with us?", asked Key.
 
"Nope, she's gonna eat with Yuri", said Taemin. "Hyung", he turned to Jonghyun. "Uhm... can you just say sorry to Yuri?"
 
"What for?". said Jonghyun.
 
"Well, about what happened at the party", said Taemin.
 
"Oh you mean the kiss?". asked Jonghyun casually he was now eating Key's food since Key is busy talking with his girlfriend on the phone.
 
"Yes, just tell her you're sorry", said Taemin.
 
"Taemin why would I be sorry for kissing her? It was nothing. It was only a game", said Jonghyun.
 
"Are you sure it was only a game to you". asked Onew who also joined in eating Key's food.
 
"What do you mean?", Jonghyun asked back.
 
"Well you still have not forgotten about the prom night, have you", said Onew with silly smile on his face.
 
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
It was prom night, Mina convinced Yuri to go and Key would be her date. Even Onew and Jonghyun showed up, of course Minho and Taemin are present.
 
Everything went fine until the prom king and queen were announced. Everyone was surprised, Jonghyun and Yuri were called. Yuri didn't want to go onstage with Jonghyun but Key and Onew pushed her forward.
 
Both of them wore the crown. Then someone shouted for Jonghyun to kiss Yuri and everyone followed.
 
Jonghyun told her to just get aong so they can both have some peace after. But Yuri didn't want Jonghyun to kiss her but Jonghyun pulled her closer to him and the crowd cheered louder then he whispered to her ear.  "Just your luck tonight, you're gonna be kissed by Kim Jonghyun." He did not expect what Yuri did next, she kicked him between the legs and shouted for everyone to hear.
 
'I'd rather kiss a dead frog than kiss a dino head like you", and after that she left him on the stage groaning in pain.
 
END OF FLASH BACK
 
 
 
"That was a long time ago", said Jonghyun.
 
"Right. So just tell her you're sorry", said Taemin hoping to convince Jonghyun.
 
"No I won't", he stood up. "I have to go." And Jonghyun left before they could stop him.
 
"YAH! Where's my food?", said Key after he shut his phone having finished his talk with his girlfriend. Onew just pointed towards Jonghyun who was almost out sight.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
i hope you're liking this, i'm having a hard time with this fic.. but i promise i'll finish this one...
 
COMMENTS PLEASE ♥
 
THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! PLEASE SEE MY FIRST FIC FOR THOSE WHO HAD NOT READ IT!